Re: Bf/Gf

SD_Chick wrote:

We're naturally social beings?!? Wow, this is news to me!
(if you ever meet me in person you will realize there are exceptions big_smile  )

All human beings are by nature a social being.  If you have conditioned yourself to be asocial, then that's a bit different is it not?


And I believe that if you are going to start dating, then it should be by at least age sixteen.  Then you have your learners permit or whatever and hopefully a part time job.

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

Re: Bf/Gf

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Pheonix023 wrote:

As for what us girls like, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE.  Most boys just seem to have an issue with actually asking us to though.  Come on ya'll, get some guts!

Chivalry vs Feminism. Some guys are afraid to ask girls to dance, but why can't a girl ask the guy? All I hear nowadays is "girls should have equal oppertunities" "Women can do everything men can" "Men are chauvanist pigs" (Not as popular but heard)

And yet those same women expect the man to automatically pay for the meal. To hold the door for them. (I know I'm sorta blowin it out of proportion, but it's true.) I just think that women should either accept equality everywhere.

And this isn't based on everyone, because I do know some girls who go dutch. I also know my friend's g/f accepts everything he needs because he does the same for her.

Interesting theory, what would you say if I told you that I HAVE asked guys to dance before?  It isn't really that hard.  As for dinner....I feel guilty if anyone buys anything for me, even my grandparents.

"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."--
Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.

Re: Bf/Gf

Chivalry isn't dead, I won't let it.  As a friend put it that is how I feel.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

I was too shy to ask guys anything, but when I did, I usually got shot down anyway.  But...after high school...they came to me. lol   Now being married, I'm usually the one making the suggestions as to what to do/where to go, etc.

Age to start dating:  Whenever you are ready.  I was engaged at 18---nah. Too young for me, but for some, it might work.  And defintely don't get married til you're ready--I'm still not if that makes sense, and it's been 7 years now (April 8th).

I once felt that way: that I was going to be alone or felt lonely without a BF.  Now it seems like it was more of a phase and if I had just held out a bit longer, I might be happier now.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

Re: Bf/Gf

Good for you arc fett!!

Re: Bf/Gf

ARC Fett wrote:

Yay I got anouther Gril Friend, and shes not physo. Shes really cool! shes almost 16, and I'm 15, but she does not care, and neither do I.

Yay for me!

I gave mine back 'cause she had faulty sensors.Now I bought a new one,she has a cooking option too! (:P)

Fear! Fear attracts the fearful...fear is my ally.

Re: Bf/Gf

ARC Fett wrote:

Thanks, I'm happy, and shes happy. so Everybodys happy!

Aw, that's so sweet. wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Bf/Gf

That is really funky ARC Fett big_smile

I have a partner. It seems strange saying BF as I live with him and have three children with him and I do not want to get married (I have legally changed my surname to be the same as our younglings so unless there is a really good reason to get married then we will stay as we are)

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

Why not get married? Especially if you did change your name? Just out of curiousity. smile

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Bf/Gf

I am not really sure I’m afraid. I have disliked the idea of marriage since I can remember.

I do not the idea of being called Mrs. I have no idea why but I would hate for myself to have that title…no detest it. But apart from that there is a feeling that I have that marriage is not the right thing for us and I can not pin point why.

The only thing that does sadden me about our situation is that from a legal point of view it would be better to be married. I feel odd when I put on forms that I am single because I do not consider myself to be so.

Maybe we will get married at some point but not for the foreseeable future and I know that Devil boy has no interest in getting married at all. LOL I would have to find an alternative to being called Mrs as well.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

Devil Girl wrote:

LOL I would have to find an alternative to being called Mrs as well.

There is the title of Ms.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Bf/Gf

draco fett wrote:
Devil Girl wrote:

LOL I would have to find an alternative to being called Mrs as well.

There is the title of Ms.

I have got that title now. I changed my title when I changed my surname. I might enquire though if I could keep the title if we ever did get married.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

an interesting subject...

a bit off topic...i to do not like the institution of marriage.
i do think it to be a great construct of society...for families etc. but not for me.
from a psychological aspect-it is a knee jerk answer to say if you come from a broken home you r less
likely to jump to get married, and perhaps this is a contributing factor.

IMO in another couple of generations i think those that get married will be in the minority. i think "devil girl"-ur in the UK or europe or across the pond right? is divorce rampant over there as well? the modern american marriage is something of a whim to alot of people these days.
a fact i find odd is that it is more accepted in society to have been divorced than never to have been married...

any one interested on the history of marriage should read "the history of the wife", very interesting historical walkthough, of the transformation of marriage through out different eras and cultures.

i find that a person can have a relationship as deep and commited w/ or w/o being married.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

I am married and I must say I don't think it's for everyone. I think if you're happy living together then that's fine. I've seen couples that have been together for years, get married and then get divorced not long later. Whether it's a case that the marriage was a last ditch at trying to stay together may be the reason, I don't know.

I did always want to get married when I found the right person, but honestly it wasn't that much different to being just BF/GF. I think it's more that you want to let everyone know that you're totally committed and in love with the person you are marrying. However there are other ways you can do this too, for instance some people are happy to remain "permanently Engaged" etc.

Both my husband and I are lucky, our parents are happily married and have strong relationships. I think if you have come from an upbringing with separated parents that it would make you skeptical of marriage.

But I think you just have to do what works for you. For me it was a case of marrying my best friend and knowing that he loves me as much as I love him.

Devil Girl, you could always refer to your boyfriend as your partner, if you don't like the term boyfriend wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Bf/Gf

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I did always want to get married when I found the right person, but honestly it wasn't that much different to being just BF/GF. I think it's more that you want to let everyone know that you're totally committed and in love with the person you are marrying. wink

I agree with this. It's what I keep telling my BF. He doesn't want to get married ever, cause he thinks that it's a show of "Yeah, I got this girl, she's MINE" and that after the wedding that it'll be all male dominated and fighting and screaming and yelling and stuff. His parents are together, but they do fight an awful lot, and his dad doesn't like girls very much. So, he's always scared he's going to turn into his dad. So I don't know how to get the point across that you don't suddenly change into different people.

But, yeah, I've seen some couples who aren't married but have been together for years and they're happy.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Bf/Gf

cujo wrote:

an interesting subject...

a bit off topic...i to do not like the institution of marriage.
i do think it to be a great construct of society...for families etc. but not for me.
from a psychological aspect-it is a knee jerk answer to say if you come from a broken home you r less
likely to jump to get married, and perhaps this is a contributing factor.

IMO in another couple of generations i think those that get married will be in the minority. i think "devil girl"-ur in the UK or europe or across the pond right? is divorce rampant over there as well? the modern american marriage is something of a whim to alot of people these days.
a fact i find odd is that it is more accepted in society to have been divorced than never to have been married...

any one interested on the history of marriage should read "the history of the wife", very interesting historical walkthough, of the transformation of marriage through out different eras and cultures.

i find that a person can have a relationship as deep and commited w/ or w/o being married.

I agree with you…though I do not come from a broken home. My mum and dad are still happily married (though that is my dads second marriage)

I had a look on the BBC and this is what it says about the UK divorce. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5301270.stm . That was last year so if I see anything else I will post it.

That is really funky BFFC-Mel. Really sweet in fact. I was thinking about it today I think I like the idea of marriage but not the reality.. I know that sounds odd but I like reading about fictional characters getting married (like the ones in Star Wars) but I do not want to get married myself.

I do not dislike the term BF/GF but I do not feel it applies to us anymore. Maybe it is because we have made a commitment to each other by staying together after having children (the came a lot earlier in the relationship than what we had originally planned) I call my brothers partner his GF but it feels odd calling Devil boy that now (eek that is another one that will probably not make sense)

Miba, I do think your BF has a point. I post on another forum and there is a woman who says that her husband has turned into her father in law. It must be scary for him and some people do change with marriage. Maybe he will want to get married when the time is right and he is comfortable with the idea. One of my closest friend’s husband did not want to get married but something clicked and he said yes when she proposed. Good luck with whatever you sort out.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

Awe bless that is so sweet big_smile Did you enjoy the film?

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

That is good. I hope that things continue to go funkily for you big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Bf/Gf

Awe bless that is just so sweet, I am really happy for you big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]