Re: What are your hobbies?

BFFC Chrys wrote:
Miba wrote:

I'm trying to learn how to sew.

What kind of sewing are you learning?  I've tried machine sewing, but it's just too scary for me.  I'm afraid I'll cut a finger off..

Machine sewing. So far I don't think I'm very good at it, but it looks a lot better than if I tried to hand-sew. lol

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

My sis does alot of sewing and stitching and crocheting(Sp?) and all of that stuff. Of course, since i'm a guy, i can't see why someone would spend hrs. on something kinda boring just to make a scarf or blanket that you could buy for a few bucks a wal-mart....lol  Whatever floats you boat....;)

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

28 (edited by Boba Dude Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:50 am)

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:
Boba Dude wrote:

I was always defender. I was really good at it though smile
I got hit with the ball alot!
I would say all the positions are needed to play the game well wink

-Boba dude

Yup, all of the possitions are needed. Oh yeah and by the way, if u got hit with the ball alot, that means you were playing good defence by getting your body, not just your leg in front of the ball. pain = part of the game.

MS9

Yes....
I got hurt alot back then wink
I liked be goalie but my coach was a jerk
I was taking goalie practice and he came over and said "Hey why don't you come over with the team and practice"
Which means "Your not beaing my teams goalie so get practicing for defender"
I was so sad!
It was always my dream to be a goalie, and he crushed it sad
*snif snif*

-Boba Dude

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

Of course, since i'm a guy, i can't see why someone would spend hrs. on something kinda boring just to make a scarf or blanket that you could buy for a few bucks a wal-mart....lol

I've never been able to figure out crocheting or knitting.  But my embroidery motivation is that you have a tremendous sense of achievement and self-worth whenever you finish a project.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:
MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

Of course, since i'm a guy, i can't see why someone would spend hrs. on something kinda boring just to make a scarf or blanket that you could buy for a few bucks a wal-mart....lol

I've never been able to figure out crocheting or knitting.  But my embroidery motivation is that you have a tremendous sense of achievement and self-worth whenever you finish a project.

I don't think i could find that sense of achievement.....i think it's more of a chic thing.....even though i have seen a guy doing it....blah....(spits)

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Boba Dude wrote:
MandalorianSpy9 wrote:
Boba Dude wrote:

I was always defender. I was really good at it though smile
I got hit with the ball alot!
I would say all the positions are needed to play the game well wink

-Boba dude

Yup, all of the possitions are needed. Oh yeah and by the way, if u got hit with the ball alot, that means you were playing good defence by getting your body, not just your leg in front of the ball. pain = part of the game.

MS9

Yes....
I got hurt alot back then wink
I liked be goalie but my coach was a jerk
I was taking goalie practice and he came over and said "Hey why don't you come over with the team and practice"
Which means "Your not beaing my teams goalie so get practicing for defender"
I was so sad!
It was always my dream to be a goalie, and he crushed it sad
*snif snif*

-Boba Dude

Well that's cool, not many people really want to be keeper, but those who do have that desire, normally are pretty good at it. Yes, coaches can be jerks sometimes, and i've had my share of them. oh yeah   by the way  *****JUST YESTERDAY, coach put me as keeper and i let 1 in....i hate playing that possition.....i'm soo much of a forward, that when i played keeper i didn't know what to do with myself.....it was horrible!!!!!! yikes

{MW} MS9 cool

I used to be able to knit but I was very bad at it and the only thing I made was a (holey) scarf. I can embroider, I just choose not to. When I was a kid my mom decided it would be really cool to make a mini-quilt for my grandma by having all of us kids embroider something onto a square of cloth and then sew them together. It actually turned out pretty cool. As for sewing, I prefer to buy my blankets. I'm trying to make clothes. I've already made an Inner Tunic for my Jedi costume and I stopped to spiff up some jeans a bit, though they're ending up looking like something from the 70s mixed with a clown costume, so I might just give them to my little sister, she likes things like that. Then after that I plan to make an attempt at an Outer Tunic for the costume.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Well that's cool, making your own SW costume....but i was about to go out and buy one.   Now that i think about it, maybe my sis will make me one.....(evil laugh)

MS9

Role-playing, for one thing. I play a variety of table tops with Arcuse: mostly Star Wars, but occassionally D20 modern and, even more rarely, D&D. Bought the Serenity one recently, but haven't gotten around the really playing it yet.

Other than that, reading and writing. I've only recently moved away from the realm of fanfic into my own original ideas, so I've yet to actually get something to a full-length novel but I'm getting there! I was considering an English major for awhile there, but I'm not so sure anymore...anyway, yeah. Writing's always fun.

Something new this year: my school was finally able to get a robotics team, now that they've implemented the FVC program (motto: "Now the robots only cost a few thousand dollars!")  for poor inner-city schools. That's been devouring most (translation: all) of my time for the last few months, but it's something I really enjoy even more than writing. So it's all good.

Role-playing, writing, robots. I lurve being a geek.

GPI: Fondly regard crustacean

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

Well that's cool, making your own SW costume....but i was about to go out and buy one.   Now that i think about it, maybe my sis will make me one.....(evil laugh)

MS9

lol.....Thats funny.

And to Gunslinger, that class sounds pretty cool!

My hobbies are writing, drawing, and listening to music........no sports 4 me.

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Severe one-year bump, but as Draco pointed out, why not use a thread that we already have rather than start a new one?

I've recently taken up both Flash animation and web design. Fun stuff, and relatively inexpensive (which is what I like in a good hobby). Useful to boot.

GPI: Fondly regard crustacean

37 (edited by draco fett Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:21 pm)

I've started collecting Alice Cooper albums, concert films, singles, etc. a while ago. The collection is getting pretty big.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I collect Issac Asimov and Tolkien Books. I have a first addition 'Farmer Giles of Ham' that is worth a bit. I also collect sw toys but i think that most people here do. I also play guitar and sing in a ska/phycobilly/punk band which is the most expensive hobbie of them all! We are called The Shitzus, though we are on a break at the moment.

" Hi!"

39 (edited by Terron Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:24 am)

I don't collect anything, but...

Épée fencing.

Info:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89p%C3%A9e

Космические рейнджеры 2: Доминаторы
(Lancelot! <3)

My hobbies are playing with action figures, reading, playing on xbox/ps2, playing outside etc.

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

I do not really have much time for hobbies at the moment but my hobbies at the moment are reading and sewing (from toys to collages and sewing things on bags etc) though I tend to make things that you cannot buy smile

I also enjoy going out walking as well as listening to music.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Hey Boba Dude, in your original post you said you were interested in planes, meaning R/C planes or like big huge commercial jet / propeller planes?

No disintegrations, No fun

oh, yes, thanks for that devil girl, smile   i also like listening to music wink

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

My  hobbies consist of play on of my vereis  instruments,  BobaFetting(as I call it) on the Boards, and Writing books on Word.

My hobbies are Collecting Fett/SW Memorabilia(addicted to Ebay) ,  reading, listening to music, Playing on my X360/Wii, watching movies/anime,  Oh and coming here to brighten up my day big_smile

"i know all about the art of the hunt"

Draw, oil paint, play guitar, collect stuff and the occasional bar hopping  wink

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

Collecting Indiana Jones Memorabilia and Star Wars action figures, reading, hockey, movies, playing computer games (mostly rpg's like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

xbox 360, pc tv, read, doodle, blink, paint my Warhammer 40k figures, so i can use them

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

49 (edited by Devil Girl Friday, August 3, 2007 2:12 pm)

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

paint my Warhammer 40k figures, so i can use them

Hehe I used to work at Games workshop so I got a funky discount on the figures. LOL I just never got around to painting them or playing them…oops.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

xbox 360, pc tv, read, doodle, blink, paint my Warhammer 40k figures, so i can use them

adeptus r u on 360live?
drop the gamer tag yo!

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson