Re: Jango: Worthy to be a Fett?

True Warrior wrote:

Yeah.....but his armor shouldnt be shiny. He once said to Boba, "Never polish your armor, you never want to attract yourself in this line of business." or something like that.

But...Jango's worthy. He past down his code to Boba, and Boba took it from there, and went on.

It's like they say,'our children are the future.'

I agree with TW on this 1 all the way.

{MW} JH3

"What a wonderful smell you've discovered"Han Solo
    [color=#FF0000]{MW}-"death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]:cool:

Which part, his shiny armor or "children are the future"?  You need to delete unnecessary parts of your quotes so we know what you're referring to.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

try to take it easy on him...he is pretty new...he'll get it though...

{MW} MS9 cool

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Jawa Java wrote:

What IS with the shiny armor?  It is sacrificing camoflage.  Not that he would need it

I couldn't resist saying this:  It would be one thing for Jango's enemies to see him coming, and an entirely different matter for them to do something about it.

A word of wisdom from Kal Skirata.

Jango is worthy of being a Fett. Yes, he got bested by a jedi, *shakes fist*  but Mace was said to be on par with Yoda. Therefore, Jango died at the hands of one of the most formidable jedi in existence. Of course, he wouldn't have died had his jet-pack not malfunctioned (I believe that there was a conspiracy against the Fetts tongue), but that's sort of beside the point.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

RC-3222 wrote:
Jawa Java wrote:

What IS with the shiny armor?  It is sacrificing camoflage.  Not that he would need it

I couldn't resist saying this:  It would be one thing for Jango's enemies to see him coming, and an entirely different matter for them to do something about it.

Jango is worthy of being a Fett. Yes, he got bested by a jedi, *shakes fist*  but Mace was said to be on par with Yoda. Therefore, Jango died at the hands of one of the most formidable jedi in existence. Of course, he wouldn't have died had his jet-pack not malfunctioned (I believe that there was a conspiracy against the Fetts tongue), but that's sort of beside the point.

words of wisdom...i agree completely!

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

To true.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

He's lame. I hate the voice. I hate the fact he's unmasked so often. He isn't very good. Ugh. No Boba Fett, fo sho.

I like Jango Fett, but I can't say he could really compare to his son. Jango Fett has a certain humanity in him, one that can be reflected in his desire to have a son. I don't really think anyone could say the same for Boba Fett.

It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges, really. Both essentially the same thing (bounty hunters) but different types all together.

And the question about asking whether Jango is "Fett" material begs the question--is Jango not Fett-material by Boba's standards because we knew about Boba first, or does Boba fail to classify as a Fett because Jango having come first would define what a "Fett" is?

(Personally Boba Fett remains the One and the original to me, but I just wondered what everyone else thought).

Satan gave me a taco.

34 (edited by Ursula Friday, July 7, 2006 5:22 pm)

I think you bring up a valid point. Boba Fett really set the standard for being Fett (cinematically).  Viewed in that context, Jango falls short of the mark.  I think Boba exceeded his father in terms of skill. Character wise, he's a singular entity even if he is a clone. There is something about his depiction that makes him less accessible than Jango and more iconic.

If you want to consider who lives up to whom and how different they are, at the very least from a tolerance perspective consider the following:

Some jedi turns up at Jango's pad, a spic and span two bedroom on a modern but wet planet. Janog's hanging with the sprog Boba, dressed in a light blue tunic,. He answers the doorbell and conversation ensues. Not Mexican standoff conversation, but rather polite discourse and at one point Jango says "I'm just a simple man trying to make his way through the galaxy."  Jedi leaves, in one piece. Yes, they fight later. But still, Jedi walks away. A-okay. Lives to sell his cookies another day.

Try the same exchange with Boba Fett.  Some jedi turns up at Boba's pad, which is Slave I (enough said). Boba is dressed as always: in armor. He does not answer the doorbell in the conventional sense. Perhaps he crawls out the airlock and gets the jump on the scum. Perhaps he just employs some special weaponry thing that is part of Slave I's exoskelleton. The jedi is either dusted, blasted, or captured and turned over to the Empire for collection of credits. Jedi leaves in one piece ONLY if it's because the client specified "no disintegrations" - and when he leaves it's in the force cage in the belly of the Firespray.

That's the difference in a nut shell.  I think Jango had hope for positive outcomes.  Boba plans for the worst, and doesn't waste time on hope.  If he wants an outcome, he drives towards it with a relentless pursuit. He is more the proto-type than dad. Dad was a marshmallow compared to junior.

I think he does have some humanity, it's just not worn on his sleve , or dispensed like pez. He's edgier than Jango.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Well obviously Boba is much better than Jango more mysterious keeps his voice unemotional so his enemys cant tell what he's thinking pretty much everything about him is cooler and better than jango. But i dont think that means Jango isnt worthy he was a mandalorian and has killed quite a few jedi and a sith. He is also respected by Jaste Mereal the leader of the mandalorians which has to mean somthing, he is still nowhere near as good as Boba but is still worhy.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

well, im a jango fan, he has a right to be a fett cause all hes been through, go to google and type in jago fetts bio, and youll get some really good stuff on him, boba is preety good, surviving the saralac pit and all, but just his dad(jango) died, Jango had his whole family killed along with his father like mentor, Jasper. And jango single hanedly killed kamari vosa and destoyed the bandogora. so if youve never done your jango reserch, do so.

Im just a simple man tryin to make my way in the univers.

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:
RC-3222 wrote:
Jawa Java wrote:

words of wisdom...i agree completely!

{MW} MS9

A quote Frm Jango the bountyhunta
Jango dosnt need camo!!!, hes feared enough be people that if he sayd shhhh, they shhhh, not run sayin AHHHHH some dude without camo is comin, you can see him!!!! and if youve never played star wars bounty hunter, he has no needfor camo, stealth is his partner, camo was worn by puttin a dirty cloak around yourself. and btb, SSTOP SLAMIN ON MY FAV PERSON< JANGO

Im just a simple man tryin to make my way in the univers.

Actually, I'd say Boba is the proverbial "chip off the old block".

Think about it, Boba is definitely more "raw" in the way he interacts with people, both bounty and client, but you have to think about the reason.  Dad pretty much dies while he watches, the only person he knows that took care of him just got decapitated, that's gotta make ya mean inside.

I don't know what happens to Boba after geonosis, if I understand it right he learns his craft pretty much by himself, trial and error.  And when error can cause you your life, you tend to be on the extremely cautious side and you will make sure that your opponent is toast or otherwise unable to hurt you.

Jango was adopted into mando culture, he grew up in a "social" environment.  He'd still kill you because he had the skill, but he grew up being "civil".  That explains the less gritty attitude when it comes to talking with Jedi.  When Jango talks with Obi wan, he's sizing him up, checking to see if he's going to be difficult to kill.  You actually have to commend Obi wan, lesser Jedi have died in Jango's bare hands, I repeat, bare hands.  You have to consider how many Jedi Jango took out, including Trebor Coleman (shot down from the balcony on geonosis) and consider how many Jedi Boba killed.

Jango also escaped from a prison ship, contributed to the end of the Deathwatch, stole a prototype firespray (Slave I), became the template for the hundreds of thousands of clones you have grown to love, and spawned our very own Boba Fett.

Boba nodded, quick drew, and asked what would happen if solo died because he's worth a lot to him, and that made him the coolest "bad guy" in the original trilogy.  It's true he goes on to reassemble the mandalorians and becomes mandalore, has an actual daughter that's not cloned from himself, and does perpetuate the fear of being hunted by Boba Fett, but you have to consider the source.

Truly, dad was actually quite busy during his prime and accomplished quite a bit in the star wars universe, an exact duplicate of him could only achieve equally impressive things yet we know very little of what Boba has accomplished and that's what makes him more mysterious, more raw, seem somewhat more deadly. 

In the end, Jango wasn't less of a Fett than his clone/son, he was just a more elegant bounty hunter from a more civilized time.

My thoughts exactly D13.  I think I wrote something similar in another thread about Jango Fett and Boba.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

d13 wrote:

Actually, I'd say Boba is the proverbial "chip off the old block".

Think about it, Boba is definitely more "raw" in the way he interacts with people, both bounty and client, but you have to think about the reason.  Dad pretty much dies while he watches, the only person he knows that took care of him just got decapitated, that's gotta make ya mean inside.

I don't know what happens to Boba after geonosis, if I understand it right he learns his craft pretty much by himself, trial and error.  And when error can cause you your life, you tend to be on the extremely cautious side and you will make sure that your opponent is toast or otherwise unable to hurt you.

Jango was adopted into mando culture, he grew up in a "social" environment.  He'd still kill you because he had the skill, but he grew up being "civil".  That explains the less gritty attitude when it comes to talking with Jedi.  When Jango talks with Obi wan, he's sizing him up, checking to see if he's going to be difficult to kill.  You actually have to commend Obi wan, lesser Jedi have died in Jango's bare hands, I repeat, bare hands.  You have to consider how many Jedi Jango took out, including Trebor Coleman (shot down from the balcony on geonosis) and consider how many Jedi Boba killed.

Jango also escaped from a prison ship, contributed to the end of the Deathwatch, stole a prototype firespray (Slave I), became the template for the hundreds of thousands of clones you have grown to love, and spawned our very own Boba Fett.

Boba nodded, quick drew, and asked what would happen if solo died because he's worth a lot to him, and that made him the coolest "bad guy" in the original trilogy.  It's true he goes on to reassemble the mandalorians and becomes mandalore, has an actual daughter that's not cloned from himself, and does perpetuate the fear of being hunted by Boba Fett, but you have to consider the source.

Truly, dad was actually quite busy during his prime and accomplished quite a bit in the star wars universe, an exact duplicate of him could only achieve equally impressive things yet we know very little of what Boba has accomplished and that's what makes him more mysterious, more raw, seem somewhat more deadly. 

In the end, Jango wasn't less of a Fett than his clone/son, he was just a more elegant bounty hunter from a more civilized time.

Very convincing argument!

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Very eloquently put, d13!! I agree!

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

42 (edited by John Rot Duart Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:06 am)

I like Jango.  He rules, in fact.

On his death...  Who wouldn't die from that situation?  But, alas, it was necessary so that Boba could grow up pissed, and become meaner than his father.

On the shiny armor...  Aye, it's quite a statement.  Makes you wonder if it would be shinier if he did polish it.  Perhaps that's what the fashion was for that time, like he was trying to be different from the designs of the other Mandalores.  Or, perhaps it was just to show the differences from Jango to Boba (so there would be a few Jango-haters out there in the Boba Fan Club).

On the jetpacks...  Live by the jetpack, die by the jetpack.

"Be Like Boba."  J. R. Duart -2006
WWJD - What Would Jango Do?

That's all very true.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

John Rot Duart wrote:

On the jetpacks...  Live by the jetpack, die by the jetpack.

I actually liked the jetpack he used during the battle of Geonosis.  The Merr-Sonn JT-12.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Merr-Sonn_JT-12

It just seemed to be more practical, as you didn't have that huge missile that was higher than your head, to get in the way of things, when you're walking around.  I mean, you still had a missile on it, but it wasn't stacked up so high.

Plus, the color scheme matched the armor's color scheme.  It just looked nicer.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

45 (edited by Jesse Fett Sunday, September 3, 2006 12:12 am)

I love Jango he's my favorite out of every one and I think the only reason people dont like him is cause he's new. Every time somthing new comes along every one hates it for example Land of the Dead the newest of the Living dead series emost didnt like it cause it was way different then the others but change is good. And Star Wars Episode 1 not many that i know of liked it when it first came out, Just cause things are slightly different doesnt meen they;re not good.

And if George made Jango a Fett then clearly he is worthy of the Name Fett its that simple.

And those jet packs are nothing but trouble, none of the old mandalorians used them, but when jango and boba used them look what happend malfunctions and they're in deaths grip. the old mando's im talkin about are the ones from knights of the old republic... why didnt they look like boba? mandalore was the only one that looked even close

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

I think Jango is good, not as good as Boba (obviously), but thats like saying a Dodge Viper isn't quite as good as a Ferrari. He is still one of the best, and is certainly worthy enough to be a Fett. But he is in a strange place in the storyline. He is the Republic army's template, yet he works for the Separatists. But he has a more 'complete' set of Mandalorian Armor, as boba doesnt have the shin armor or the thigh armor, but Jango does. Jango also has a different view on Starfighter Combat. Boba opts for the more stealthy approach, yet Jango goes for the destructive version. They are just 2 great Bounty Hunters, but the son learns from his father, and from his own experiences, so he is going to be better.

Muun:'What are we going to do, what are we going to do...... I don't know why Dooku sent you here if all you're going to do is stand around and <Durge chokes Muun> I mean... Whenever you're ready...

Jesse Fett wrote:

I love Jango he's my favorite out of every one and I think the only reason people dont like him is cause he's new. Every time somthing new comes along every one hates it for example Land of the Dead the newest of the Living dead series emost didnt like it cause it was way different then the others but change is good. And Star Wars Episode 1 not many that i know of liked it when it first came out, Just cause things are slightly different doesnt meen they;re not good.

People hated Episode I because the Force was suppossed to be a religion, and Star Wars was not supposed to be a comedy.

I do not hate Jango because he is new, I hate him because he is an idiot coward.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

48 (edited by True Warrior Sunday, September 3, 2006 9:22 am)

HOW is he a coward!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? mad Its SMART to send someone in to assasinate someone else. Hes NOT as good as Boba ya know! He might have been TRAINNING Zam or something, or he might have had another assasination or bounty hunt he had to attend to in Corescant, ever think of THAT!?!?!?

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

No I did not because books and comics say that what you said is not true. As I have said many times before, Jango once used two wrist rockets on two guards who were running away, and they were right next to each other. One rocket, or two blaster bolts  whould have worked. The Mandalorians were based on honor, and is incredibly unhonorful to send someone to execute a mission that you were hired to do. He also sent his son as bait to ruthless anarcists.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

well...........hmm..........maybe you have me on this one draco. hmm I'll have to think long and hard about this one.......

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]