Re: Jango: Worthy to be a Fett?

... Sorry... I do tend to over react... lol.

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Ahhh, I see.  Makes sense.

The older info that I'd heard was that he shyed away from taking that level of responcibility; he didn't see himself as big enough to fill the role, and that the Mandalorians were pretty much leaderless between Jango and Boba *not counting the clone that led Fenn and the others against the Republic during the Clone Wars - and it's actually after Him that Fenn would have taken over right?  or has that piece of the EU been thrown out now as well?  I've honestly lost all track of where most of this stuff now stands...*sigh**

Yeah after Spar gives up the position Fenn tries to convince Fi, and Sull to fill the role but they refuse so Fenn takes the role temporarily until Boba is older or something

and to answer the topic I'd say for sure he's worthy, aside from the dumb death in the movie he still had some impressive accomplishments

As for answering the topic, I would first like to say that I have not read all of the responses because I'm just too damn busy, so if someone already said this, then sorry!
I think if there were as many stories/books/comics about Jango as there are about Boba, we would feel like he's more "worthy" of the Fett name. How would you feel if you discovered that Jango actually survived Geonosis (like Boba survived the sarlacc?)
And as for the shiny armor, I think that his armor was shiny because he was like the poster boy for the clone army... I dunno.
But, that said, I still think Boba is much MUCH more awesome. Boba would not have gotten himself offed at Geonosis. He is much more cunning than Jango.

Why does boba fett have to die it sucks. Havent you noticed both fetts die because of their jetpacks. I'm not a fan of jango imean he's ok but boba is freakin amazing cool

actually, boba doesn't officially die. GL even confirmed the sarlacc escape.

why what happens

crocodiles cry when they eat they're prey

BFFC Chrys wrote:

It's clear by now that not everyone has the fondest feelings towards Jango Fett.  If you're one of those who hates him, explain why.  Or, if you think he's great, tell us why he's worthy to be Boba's father.

Jango was what he was; Check out that old Gamecube video game "Bounty Hunter" and it really filled in the 'gaps' of his history pre-"Attack Of The Clones" era.
You had typed: 'worthy to be Boba's father'? -Being a clone, Boba Fett in essence was Jango Fett (other than having an individual mind set) and everyone that knows Star Wars knows that!

Won't See Me Comin' -It Will Be Done.

Ariana wrote:

As for answering the topic, I would first like to say that I have not read all of the responses because I'm just too damn busy, so if someone already said this, then sorry!
I think if there were as many stories/books/comics about Jango as there are about Boba, we would feel like he's more "worthy" of the Fett name. How would you feel if you discovered that Jango actually survived Geonosis (like Boba survived the sarlacc?)
And as for the shiny armor, I think that his armor was shiny because he was like the poster boy for the clone army... I dunno.
But, that said, I still think Boba is much MUCH more awesome. Boba would not have gotten himself offed at Geonosis. He is much more cunning than Jango.

With respect, I believe the last sentence is an oversimplification. There are uncontrollable factors in combat- that's why, in real life, even the deadliest Special Forces soldiers get killed. Secondly, for someone "much more cunning" than Jango, Boba gets offed pretty shamefully in ROTJ.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I love Jango Fett. I really do. I even resurrect him in more than one of my RP plots, and have him as a spirit in some of my fanfics. x3

My boyfriend and I have a running joke where one of my characters refers to Jango Fett as 'Shiny.' He actually refuses to call him Jango, and it's hilarious.

As for if he is worthy to be Boba's father? That, my friends, is something only Boba Fett himself should be allowed to state for certain, one way or another. Boba held his father in high esteem, according to the comics. I believe he would say that Jango was worthy, and thus, shall defend his point of view on the man.

“What do you mean the Slave I took off with Master Fadir?!” - Luke Skywalker, Noncanon source.

385 (edited by DarkOne Monday, April 8, 2013 10:20 am)

Jango is more then worthy to be Boba's father. Without him Boba wouldn't be half as good of a bounty hunter as he was. Jango also fathered and help instruct the best army in the galaxy. He was the best bounty hunter of his time.

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam.

BFFC Chrys wrote:

It's clear by now that not everyone has the fondest feelings towards Jango Fett.  If you're one of those who hates him, explain why.  Or, if you think he's great, tell us why he's worthy to be Boba's father.

proboly cuz if wazent 4 him boba would not hav armour training anything.

Zachry D. Jackson

My grandfather Jango Fett taught my Father everything he needed to know to make it in the galaxy, as the best bounty hunter ever. Even I today am still being taught by my Father Boba Fett the special techniques of being a bounty and mandalorian, I am truly grateful to be a Fett.

Tetris Fett wrote:

My grandfather Jango Fett taught my Father everything he needed to know to make it in the galaxy, as the best bounty hunter ever. Even I today am still being taught by my Father Boba Fett the special techniques of being a bounty and mandalorian, I am truly grateful to be a Fett.

Welcome to the boards, Tetris Fett! You may especially enjoy posting/reading/replying on our "Role Playing" forum.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Is it bad that I like them both the same? I'm really into the whole Mandalorian fandom. I really like the culture, people, customs, and their battles. And the fact that Jango Fett was once one of these warriors before he became a bounty hunter is so cool to me. I'm not downplaying Boba Fett's part in the galaxy however, I enjoy reading about him in the comics like Star Wars Tales and Twin Engines of Destruction, not to mention books like the Bounty Hunter Wars. They are both really cool characters (hands down my favorites in all of the star wars fandom) and I like them about the same. Okay, maybe I like Boba a little more... tongue

Welcome to BFFC, Ridyx_Ordo! Very cool avatar you added there.

Love your rationale for Boba being up there or better than Jango -- great examples! -- but this topic is just about Jango being worthy. What are your thoughts on that?

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Well even though it is Expanded Universe, I still think it holds true, in the Open Seasons comics the writers show how Jango survived after being captured and traded off to slavers when the Jedi killed his Mandalorian brothers. The whole ordeal is a testament to Jango's worthiness.

There's also a more canon example with his fight with Obi-Wan-Kenobi. I am willing to call that fight a draw, though it could have gone much differently had Jango possessed the element of surprise. The fact that Jango was able to go toe to toe with a powerful Jedi Knight such as Obi-Wan further adds to his worthiness.

Still though, I wish Lucas hadn't killed him off like he did. It was such a cheap way to go, after all of the comics I've read and the games I've played such as Bounty Hunter for Playstation 2

jango is a fett. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gang is half of the reason the empire is so strong. ( If you didn't know, after the clone wars the clones of Jango followed orders of Sidious to become troops of the Galactic Empire.) All Though, he practically let Mace Windu kill him. I mean don't just stand there! USE YOUR JETPACK!

Stormtroopers.

Funny thing about Jango here i was watching my father play the Witcher and he helped a bounty hunter name "Danjo Frett"

Jango is definitely worthy to be a Fett but I of course don't like him near as much as I like Boba. I still think that Jango could've had a better look like with the all-white armor.

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I'm a agreeing

Hell yeah!!! Of course he is!! What kind of question is that? (A SILLY one!) ;-)

(Sighs fondly) I could go on about this ALL day! ;-) He's a badass. (I DON'T care what the canon says about him.) He was a very complicated man. He was one of Mandalore's greatest leaders. His backstory always gets me in the feels. I've always found him intriguing since I first saw him in Attack of the Clones. And his DNA created the most badass Clone army and the future badass No. 1 bounty hunter in the galaxy. His relationship with his son (sighs fondly) always gets me in the feels too. And might I say, Jango was not just Boba's buir (Mando'a for "father), he was his jatne'buir ("best father). For all these reasons, Boba should be both honored and proud of his heritage. ;-)

BFFC Chrys wrote: