Re: who is the best star wars actor

Harrison Ford has got to be #1, but Ewan McGregor did a great job as Obi Wan as well.  And who can forget Christopher Lee as Count Dooku?  Liam Neeson and Samuel L. did great jobs as well.  Kinda makes it sad that the prequels sucked so much; there really were some awesome individual performances.

Last but not least, Vader's two contributing actors and Boba Fett's Bullock were epic

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Jesse Fett wrote:

Temuera Morrison all the way, Then Harrison.

I agree. They were good... teehee.. I liked Harrison Fords expressions. tongue

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."

I liked Ewan McGregor I <3 young Ewan McGregor ! I only like Ani for his looks... (don't you even say wat the others said... not after the burning.)

mandolover<3 wrote:

I liked Ewan McGregor I <3 young Ewan McGregor ! I only like Ani for his looks... (don't you even say wat the others said... not after the burning.)

True, nothing like a good burning to spoil your looks.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

lol. Only old age stopped Obi Wan smile

Harrison Ford was one of the best up there along with James Earl Jones as Vader

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Ewan McGregor did a great job as Obi Wan as well.  And who can forget Christopher Lee as Count Dooku?  Liam Neeson and Samuel L. did great jobs as well.  Kinda makes it sad that the prequels sucked so much; there really were some awesome individual performances .

Yeah it was disappointing to have all that talent but completely under utilizing them. Samuel L Jackson didn't get much to act with so I can't say he had a standout performance or anything and IIRC Liam Neeson even said that he didn't try as hard as he could have because of what he had to work with

Ewan McGregor played a man that was supposed to be wise beyond his years very well

Yeah, Ewan McGregor is an awesome actor but the writing was just so horrible in the prequels and the fact that it was all green screen and everything etc. The movies had the potential to be so much better with so many great people

ewan, though Liam was pretty awesome

my favorite actor through the whole series was Harrison though

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Fettmatic wrote:

Yeah, Ewan McGregor is an awesome actor but the writing was just so horrible in the prequels and the fact that it was all green screen and everything etc. The movies had the potential to be so much better with so many great people

It's kinda weird.  As BAD Bad badbadbad as the writing was for 'Annie,' I always thought McGregor's line's and delivery were pretty darn good.  It was as if each actor in the prequals had their own writer, and they just mashed it all together for each scene.  For instance, everybody's lines were actually pretty decent in Ep. I, but you've got Anikan doing his own creepy little 'I'm 8 and I'm in love with a 14 year old,' and then you've got all the Gungans seemingly being written for by the Barney the Purple Dinosaur team.  Kinda weird looking back on it...

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Fettmatic wrote:

Yeah, but I was born after the OT so they were pretty good to me. They still busted the block...however episode 3 was the best as far as acting goes and writing goes.

Karson Fett wrote:

Yeah, but I was born after the OT so they were pretty good to me. They still busted the block...however episode 3 was the best as far as acting goes and writing goes.

You mean the best in the prequel trilogy right?

Ralin Drakus wrote:

It's kinda weird.  As BAD Bad badbadbad as the writing was for 'Annie,' I always thought McGregor's line's and delivery were pretty darn good.  It was as if each actor in the prequals had their own writer, and they just mashed it all together for each scene.  For instance, everybody's lines were actually pretty decent in Ep. I, but you've got Anikan doing his own creepy little 'I'm 8 and I'm in love with a 14 year old,' and then you've got all the Gungans seemingly being written for by the Barney the Purple Dinosaur team.  Kinda weird looking back on it...

I dunno man, I'd agree with the delivery but the writing all seemed pretty terribad/cheesy in the prequels

That is correct

Fettmatic wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

You mean the best in the prequel trilogy right?

Ralin Drakus wrote:

I dunno man, I'd agree with the delivery but the writing all seemed pretty terribad/cheesy in the prequels

ha who uses terribad? that is so 2005 or whenever it was made up.

also, ewan mcgregor wasn't cheesy IMO. to each his own, i like the prequels, so it's not really cheesy to me.

lol I'm takin it back!

anyway though it just came off that way to me for example stuff like: "You've grown too...grown more beautiful that is", "You're breaking my heart!", "I HATE YOU!", "Only a sith deals in absolutes..." etc. really just showed bad writing on Lucas' part I'm not saying the movies are horrible or anything (well maybe 1 and 2 were, not to say they didn't have any redeeming features) but imo there was a lot of dumb stuff in them

Well, that falls into my point.  It almost seemed as if there was a writer for each actor.  Damn near ALL of Anikan's lines were cheesy beond words; your examples highlighting the many that were out there..

"If you're not with me........ then YOU ARE MY ENEMY!"  crappy line and even worse delivery.  I'll give it to him that he was better in Ep. III both in look and sometimes in lines; his deliveries and lines in Ep. II were just aweful throughout.

But I never thought Obi-Wan's line were ever that bad.  And if there were any his delivery was so good that it covered them up.  Same with many other actors.  Christopher Lee's lines were all great, Sam. L's lines were stereotypical of most of the characters he plays, but they were never the less good and well delivered, and most of the other noteable characters were well written for, or at least I believe they were

Yes, but Lucas had to try to create the man that was a shell in the OT into a man with a meaning in life in the PT

Unfortunatly he failed.

The mission was to show us what created the monster we experienced in the OT.  What he did was rewrite one of our favorite and most memorable characters into a whining wuss. 

Lucas did manage to give us some new characters and give great backstories on a couple of the old characters (Obi-Wan and the Emperor), but again, the whole point of the prequals was to explain Anikan.  With that in mind I think the Prequals failed, because the one character who was supposed to be built up and given a level of sympathy for was the second most annoying character in the series, and most of us probably cheered when Obi-Wan lopped him to bits so that he'd finally shut up and stop acting like a sniviling teenager

That's my take

I have been an Obi-Wan fan sense I saw Episode IV but yeah, I think I like the Anakin in the Clone Wars sires more because he doesn't whine as much.

i like temeura morrison only because he played jango fett

crocodiles cry when they eat they're prey

wacko jacko wrote:

i like temeura morrison only because he played jango fett

but he was a terrible actor lol

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

he's not a terrible actor, he just wasn't really the Fett type. but he had the look.

Harrison Ford is great! and to think he was just a stage carpenter who George Lucas discovered.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

i like to see Alex Borstein's performance in this.

Sharra Fett wrote:

Harrison Ford is great! and to think he was just a stage carpenter who George Lucas discovered.

Through Francis Ford-Coppola.