Re: What do YOU like most about Boba Fett?

We thank you.

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

52 (edited by Daenna Friday, May 5, 2006 10:14 am)

I re-read the whole topic again (though I skipped the arguments near the end wink ) and it came to me that Fett is one of those characters who are "in phase" with the world they live in. Like Jango said "I'm a simple man trying to makes his way in the galaxy" (or something?), Boba is exactly the same way, if not even better than his father.

He manages to do his job and keep his identity secret at all times... He lives in a harsh universe, so he is harsh with the people he deals with. He's different from the rest of the chaotic creatures, crime lords out there trying to be fearsome and powerful, Fett obeys to a set of values and his views in justice. If most people acted accordingly to strong values like justice and responsibility, we wouldn't consider Fett like an extraordinary man. He isn't, he just does his job, and he does it right (no matter the outcome).

That was my ramble of the day smile

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

I like his ominous emotionless attitude.  He's like, the galactic omen of death.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Yeah, I think of him as the Angel of Death.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Miba wrote:

To help get back to subject: Boba's voice is sooo cool! big_smile

Or was cool. However, the Oh Flanneled One has mauled the image of Boba Fett in the latest three movies and the digitally remastered OT, slaughtering both his mysterious past and his personality. Mr. Lucas has lost sight of the ideals our masked legend has stood for, turning him into a sadistic child and later into a flirtatious man. I don't think so.

As for me, I'll stick to watching the original VHS tapes from the 70's and 80's, and wishing Episodes I, II, and III didn't exist. Replacing his voice was a mistake, Jango's existence was another, and that little chin-tap with Rystall was the last intolerable insult.

I was once close to worshipping George Lucas, back when I was about 5 or 6 and watched the OT daily, and still revered him later....until the newest three came out. But in light of recent disservices to our much loved Boba Fett...Joss Whedon is my master now.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

SciFifreak90 wrote:
Miba wrote:

Or was cool. However, the Oh Flanneled One has mauled the image of Boba Fett in the latest three movies and the digitally remastered OT, slaughtering both his mysterious past and his personality. Mr. Lucas has lost sight of the ideals our masked legend has stood for, turning him into a sadistic child and later into a flirtatious man. I don't think so.

As for me, I'll stick to watching the original VHS tapes from the 70's and 80's, and wishing Episodes I, II, and III didn't exist. Replacing his voice was a mistake, Jango's existence was another, and that little chin-tap with Rystall was the last intolerable insult.

I was once close to worshipping George Lucas, back when I was about 5 or 6 and watched the OT daily, and still revered him later....until the newest three came out. But in light of recent disservices to our much loved Boba Fett...Joss Whedon is my master now.

They're releasing the old original VHSs on dvd in September, so we have that to look forward to anyway. smile We can hear Boba's REAL voice on a dvd now, instead of wearing out our VHS's. (sorry, I don't know what the plural form of "vhs" is)

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

This is good news, thankee-sai.

SciFifreak90 wrote:
Miba wrote:

Amen.

Amen.

AMEN!!!!

GRAAAHHHH!!!!!

WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!

YAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

I also want world domination, but SciFifreak90 is right, the voice was good.

60 (edited by SciFifreak90 Saturday, May 6, 2006 3:13 pm)

*sigh*

Anyone gets plans of world domination, I'll have to organize and underground resistance which may or may not be the plot in a major motion picture. I, of course, will die in a sad music, slow-motion scene of me gunning down advancing troops in a bottleneck while getting riddled with bullets myself. This will follow an awesome rock music scene of me with dual smgs killin' more bad guys.

If only my life was a movie....

Do you guys not think Temuera Morrison is worthy of Boba Fett's voice???!? i think he is, and i don't see any reason why he isn't worthy of that. Yes....we all liked the old voice, but wasn't it a needed change, once episode 123 came out. I think we should just be thankful that they didn't give him a yoda or jar jar voice...lol  ya know.  TM is pretty cool, and i respect his work with the Fetts.

{MW} MS9   cool

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Yeah, Temuera's good, just not as Boba's voice. They grew up in different times and places, so they would naturally have different voices. It's not all genetics. Say two people grew up and got married in England and have Brittish accents. Then they come over to America and have a kid, when that kid's grown up he'll have no trace of Brittish accent, at least I don't think so. So how would Boba have the same accent as Jango?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Good point, I did not think about that.

Yes, they hammer it into our heads in Anthropology that culture and ethnicity are purely a human construction, so it would be silly to say that they were heritable.  Of course, Boba had ten years of listening to that accent, but I think that after a while you would lose it.  Especially considering that he would have a reason to hide his accent on purpose.

I like Boba because I never know what he's going to do.  You know Darth Vader's going to kill all his henchmen.  You know Yoda's going to do the "right" thing.  But Boba's on the gray side.  One day he might be letting a renegade stormtrooper go free because the guy has become a storyteller for small children.  Another day he might be shooting some depressed old widower for not paying him.  You never know.  He gets to choose whether he'll do good or do evil in each new situation.  And that makes him more human, more realistic, and easier to relate to.  We all say that Boba is too strong to be tempted, but I would say that he falls victim to temptations that Luke Skywalker would never even think about.  So I suppose you could say that I like Boba because, on a deeper level, he's like all of us--mortal.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Yes, i agree with that Chrys. It's easy for me to imagine Fett with the jango voice. Boba is still a clone....but i see what you're saying. Since Boba didn't have any growth exceleration, he had alot more time than the clones to eventually rid of the accent. Also he wasn't constantly hearing that accent from his millions of brothers...ya know. So i guess about half way through this post, there was a revelation and i now agree with what you're saying. I hope i don't sound too confused or anything...lol. But yeah, Boba would have lost his "jango accent" after he was about 15 or so      i'd say......and thus shouldn't have it in the trilogy...:cool:

MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

SciFifreak90 wrote:

*sigh*

Anyone gets plans of world domination, I'll have to organize and underground resistance which may or may not be the plot in a major motion picture. I, of course, will die in a sad music, slow-motion scene of me gunning down advancing troops in a bottleneck while getting riddled with bullets myself. This will follow an awesome rock music scene of me with dual smgs killin' more bad guys.

Then I'll get air dropped near your position, and I'll be like: "No!  You killed Sci!"  And then even cooler rock music will play and I'll grab my Bushmaster and kill everybody else.  And then it'll turn out that Scifi wasn't dead, and I'll go, "Dang, your not dead!"  And he'll go, "Dang straight."  And then We'll kill more bad guys.  With lots and lots of blood.  THE END

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Are the 501st clones or not? Cause for some strange reason I think they are
but, knowing me I'm wrong.
I like TM and all but I still am leaning toward his other background.
What's the deal with the Rystal chin-tap?I've never heard of that...was it in the comics or sumthin' ?

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Anyone gets plans of world domination, I'll have to organize and underground resistance....

What if I carry out my plan to take over the world and make everyone carry IQ cards, and people below a certain intelligence could only live in certain places, while the smarter people got Hawaii and Florida?  Would you still lead a resistance, or would you fight for my cause?  wink

Like Miba said, I like Tem's voice, but he's just not Boba.  They're two completely different characters, and I can't help but suspect that GL is trying to merge them into a single entity, thus destroying everything we love about him.  I think the powers that be are trying to force us to get bored with the Fettster.  BUT I'm a conspiracy theorist, so who knows?

BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

One day he might be letting a renegade stormtrooper go free because the guy has become a storyteller for small children.

He wasn't a renegade stormtrooper, he was a hacker that stole credits from a Hutt. I believe it was Jabba.

The Yautja wrote:
SciFifreak90 wrote:

*sigh*

Then I'll get air dropped near your position, and I'll be like: "No!  You killed Sci!"  And then even cooler rock music will play and I'll grab my Bushmaster and kill everybody else.  And then it'll turn out that Scifi wasn't dead, and I'll go, "Dang, your not dead!"  And he'll go, "Dang straight."  And then We'll kill more bad guys.  With lots and lots of blood.  THE END

Then of course we need a scene where we're standing back to back, firing our assault weapons hard against an onslaught of the mindless creatures that the new evil regime created through secret biological experiments. Me with my G36, you with your Bushmaster (the bull-pup configuration customized for lefties), raking 5.56mm rounds into the mass of enemies. Glorious.

Let's try to get back to subject guys.....thanx cool      i like Boba's visor and to think about what he is seeing and thinking inside the helmet.

{MW} MS9

Go Temuera voice, it applies better to the timeline.

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

im unsettled about that whole subject, i'm not sure which one i like better...or whether or not to be mad that they changed his voice.  Whatever, it doesn't really matter to me. I do think Temuera's voice is pretty awesome...better applying to the timeline.....i guess so. cool

{MW} MS9

Guys, let's keep the voice discussion in the correct thread.

Third reason I like Boba: He is under tremendous pressure to be perfect, and if he were to mess up, his whole reputation would be ruined and it would basically mean disaster for him.  I sympathize with that feeling because I am also a perfectionist, although my issues deal with academics rather than hunting things.  If I had messed up in high school, it would have destroyed many people's realities, and although I was fortunate enough to never have any problems, the pressure was still there.  It's strange when you know you're going to succeed, and you know it's silly to question yourself, but you still hear the little voice in your head asking, "But what if you don't?"  So to summarize, I like Boba because I also strive for perfection.  Sure, we've never heard him doubt himself, but does that mean he doesn't do it?  Is he such an egomaniac that he never falls victim to the human tendency to question one's worth?

BFFC Moderator

75 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, May 9, 2006 1:06 pm)

I also a perfectionist, also with my grades. Of course, middle school is not as challanging as highschool.