51 (edited by Darth Maul Clone Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:14 pm)

Re: calo nord (how does he compare with the new hunters)

Yes I have acquired this datapad too once.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

Darth Maul Clone wrote:

Karson,try not to double-post,you can always use the edit button to add what you want.And yes,sometimes Calo proves tough.

He a pain in the butt sometimes, but I noticed if you use Melee weapons, he's easier to kill than if you use blasters.

draco fett wrote:

Do you mean in the game? I don't have it, but I'll look him up at a later date.

You have to go into his quarters to find the Datapad.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

I mean I don't have the game.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

You don't know what you're missing draco...but no we're talking about you....so you propably KNOW! wink

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

i know....seriously

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

draco fett wrote:

I mean I don't have the game.

Oh...sorry then.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

It is no problem.

Darth, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, but, assuming I read it correctly, thank you.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

58 (edited by Darth Maul Clone Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:37 am)

Yeah it was a compliment.But I have a very important thing to adress here:HOW CAN CALO COMPARE TO THE NEW HUNTERS?!He propably can't.Why?Simply because there is a very"small"gap of some thousand years between him and say,Boba.And in these years,technology has rapidly changed,bounty hunter techniques have changed,and the bounty hunters themselves have changed!I wouldn't be wrong if I thought that Calo and the old republic seem primitive to the new republic,would I?It's like bringing the greatest human bounty hunter from Iron Age in today's world.Could he match a Navy Seal with his bow and sword?

59 (edited by Thylacine Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:59 am)

Darth Maul Clone wrote:

Yeah it was a compliment.But I have a very important thing to adress here:HOW CAN CALO COMPARE TO THE NEW HUNTERS?!He propably can't.Why?Simply because there is a very"small"gap of some thousand years between him and say,Boba.And in these years,technology has rapidly changed,bounty hunter techniques have changed,and the bounty hunters themselves have changed!I wouldn't be wrong if I thought that Calo and the old republic seem primitive to the new republic,would I?It's like bringing the greatest human bounty hunter from Iron Age in today's world.Could he match a Navy Seal with his bow and sword?

What if the techniques and Hunters changed for the worst?

In the game, technology doesn't seem THAT far off form the New Republic. They have Blasters, Droids and everything else. It's probably only slightly more primitive, but not as bad a Iron Age compared to Navy Seal. That seems a bit too extreme to me.

-Rampage, Beast Wars

60 (edited by Darth Maul Clone Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:27 am)

The blasters of that age seem primitive in comparison with the blasters of he new republic,and simply think that if we real humans still live in about 3,000 years from now,what will we think about the spaceships of today?They're both spaceships only with 3,000years difference..and I believe that is enough.

BalanceSheet wrote:

I love the part where you walk in the cantina and try to have a conversation with him.
Has anyone else let him finish counting to three?  smile

Yeah....it sucked,and it doesn't take very long for him to kill you...

Yep  Kills ya like your target practice!

Calo Nord is kind of a disappointment when you finally fight him. The first fight in the hangar was decent, it was just short and I liked how he was willing to blow himself up to kill Revan and Canderous. The second fight he's kind of a pushover and the fact that he brings almost half a dozen goons along detracts from any bad@$$ points he might have had. And this might be slightly off topic, but when you meet Hulas (the Genoharadan agent) he says something about being impressed when he heard about your fight with Calo Nord. If beating Nord is such an accomplishment, why didn't they try and recruit him?

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

I think that the Genoharadan's didn't want Calo because he was good, but not good enough. It also matters if he could take orders or not. I think they wanted someone who would be 100 obediant, while being over competant.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:

I think that the Genoharadan's didn't want Calo because he was good, but not good enough. It also matters if he could take orders or not. I think they wanted someone who would be 100 obediant, while being over competant.

Point. Hulas does end up betraying Revan's trust and using him to get rid of his competition. Probably didn't think someone like Calo would take that lightly.( even though my character ends up killing him for it too)And since he didn't offer up any actual credits it would probably be hard to get a mercenary or bounty hunter to do it.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

True. I wasn't even think ing about the credits. The money would make or break any deal with a mercenary/ bounty hunter of Calo's status.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

CloneMedic54 wrote:

Calo Nord is kind of a disappointment when you finally fight him. The first fight in the hangar was decent, it was just short and I liked how he was willing to blow himself up to kill Revan and Canderous. The second fight he's kind of a pushover and the fact that he brings almost half a dozen goons along detracts from any bad@$$ points he might have had. And this might be slightly off topic, but when you meet Hulas (the Genoharadan agent) he says something about being impressed when he heard about your fight with Calo Nord. If beating Nord is such an accomplishment, why didn't they try and recruit him?

I agree

68 (edited by Terron Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:07 am)

Actually his Argh- scream sounds very cool

Космические рейнджеры 2: Доминаторы
(Lancelot! <3)

Dervish wrote:

He survived a very hardcore attack on Taris. That level of resilence is nothing short of monumental even on a Star Wars scale.

Still, Fetts are cooler. I refused to believe he even harmed Cassus Fett tongue

Yes, it is impressive that he survived that, but Fett survived the Sarlacc pit, and has confronted the Galaxy's most powerful people. Xizor, Vader, and countless soldiers and bounty hunters.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'