Topic: When Did Your Fettish Start?

I became intrigued by the Helmetted One when I picked up a copy of The Mandalorian Armor when I couldn't find a copy of Shadows of the Empire. I thought it great to have an in depth few of the character that was Boba Fett. Then the Fettish grew from there.

How did it happen for you?

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: When Did Your Fettish Start?

I think when it really started for me was in 2002 right after Episode II came out. I had not seen the movie yet, but I did see some of the toys. One of them was Jango Fett, and I said to myself, "Hey, he looks cool." I then started to grow in liking this character after I did see the movie, but I remembered Boba Fett, and said, "He looks tons cooler than Jango." So, I picked up The Mandalorian Armor. This was the first non-scholastic Star Wars book I ever read and I loved it so much. So I continued to like him more and more as I read through the trilogy, and then came where I am today.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Mine started when I planned to become (and still do) a bail bondsman/fugitive recovery agent/bounty hunter. After a few months, I found out about Fett, and I quickly became a fanatic. That was about two to three years ago.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

Mine started when I planned to become (and still do) a bail bondsman/fugitive recovery agent/bounty hunter.

Ooo, my best friend wants to be one of those...or a park ranger. He can't decide.

As fer me...I was never really much of a Fett fan.  I just stumbled across this site a few years ago, ghosted for a while, and joined.  I like everything about Star Wars except for:  George Lucas, bad/possesive authors, and George Lucas.  Fett just happens to be the coolest character in that entire universe, thats all.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

When i was 3, which was about 17-18 years ago. the full story is some where on the board

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

draco fett wrote:

Mine started when I planned to become (and still do) a bail bondsman/fugitive recovery agent/bounty hunter.

I wanted to be one a few years ago. I'd even bought a book or two on the subject. And I was trying to get in better shape and be alert and stuff, just little training things. But a few years ago I changed my mind.

Anyway, about my Fett story: I think it actually started when the OT SEs came out on video. I was watching ROTJ for the first time (for some reason when I was a kid I never saw ROTJ, I don't think we owned it till the SEs) and I saw Boba fall in the sarlacc and for some reason I was sad. I thought, "I feel bad for him, I wonder who he was? What was his name? His story? It's a pity he died...." And at the time I think I only vaguely remembered he was also in ESB. I had never taken much notice of him before.
Fast forward to when I was 13: I had recently discovered EU and was buying a book or two at the store, and I saw The Mandalorian Armor, and on the cover was Boba and I thought, "Hey! It's that same guy!" So I bought it. I read it and decided to get the other two in the trilogy. It was during Slave Ship that I decided I was a fan. So I guess I became a fan in 2000.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Empire.  It all started in Empire, when Vader said "no disintigrations" aimed at Fett, and he replied only grudgingly.  Then, that scene where Solo floats away from the fleet, and Fett follows.  Brilliant.  You knew in those two brief scenes he was a force all his own.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

my Fettish is a family thing. I grew up with pictures of him, watching the movies and listening to stories from my dad. So it was only natural I'd grow up with a Fettish.

"One day, Fi, I'm going to give you a good slap." - Darman

I grew up on Star Wars (my parents first saw it on a date way back in the day) but I didn't really notice Fett until Special Editions came out and I read the Young Jedi Knights books.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

wow im not alone in growing up with Star Wars!

"One day, Fi, I'm going to give you a good slap." - Darman

Ever since my first viewing of Fett's vette.

Quote of the Month.
My sister-"No way, Jose!"  Me-"Yeah way, Enrique!"

I too grew up with SW.  My Fett fascination began when I received a Micro Macines that was Fett's head, which unfolded into Bespin city.  I had no idea who he was, so I looked it up.  And I was hooked.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Indeed, it was as addictive as cocaine. Or selling babies on ebay.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

14 (edited by Boba Dude Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:43 pm)

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Indeed, it was as addictive as cocaine. Or selling babies on ebay.

Selling babies on Ebay.... You are the cruelest person on the PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

cruelest*

And while I don't want to claim that much credit, I wouldn't disregard the possibility entirely.

16 (edited by Boba Dude Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:45 pm)

SciFifreak90 wrote:

cruelest*

And while I don't want to claim that much credit, I wouldn't disregard the possibility entirely.

Yeah thanks for the spelling lesson again. roll

-Boba Dude

Figured you still need them.

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Figured you still need them.

Hey I almost have my spelling down wink

19 (edited by Zara Orono Monday, March 27, 2006 10:33 am)

A little bit after Xmas when i got obessed with Star Wars. I was watching the movies and saw him and i thought "OMG HE LOOKS SO COOL!!! <33" ^^- Forget how i learned about him ._.; But does it really matter? ^^;

Been ages since I've been here.
:] Whats up?

20 (edited by Lyfett Monday, March 27, 2006 8:34 pm)

I began in 1996 before the re-release of Star Wars in the theaters.  My cousin sat me down and forced me to watch it and I thought his helmet looked like something out of an old mythology book (plus I liked bounty hunters).  Since then I've met both Boba's: Jeremy and Daniel.

My SUV is now the Enemy, look at my average life and nothing has been alright...
I'm preoccupied with 1985... (Bowling for Soup)

Lyfett wrote:

Since then I've met both Boba's: Jeremy and Daniel.

yikes yikes yikes yikes
Ah you SUCK!!!!!
Not in a bad way, but in the way that you met the Boba Fett's.
*Starts crying*

*snif snif* -Boba Dude

Boba Dude wrote:
Lyfett wrote:

Since then I've met both Boba's: Jeremy and Daniel.

yikes yikes yikes yikes
Ah you SUCK!!!!!
*Starts crying*
*snif snif* -Boba Dude

I like to travel but conventions are currently the only things that drag me away from my college studies

My SUV is now the Enemy, look at my average life and nothing has been alright...
I'm preoccupied with 1985... (Bowling for Soup)

For me, actually, it all began with KOTOR. I had met Canderous. I'd been in the Dxun camp. I fought in the battle circle and flown the war droid. The Mandalorians fascinated me... my boyfriend too, for that matter.

As it just so happened, he had a birthday coming up. I was on a very tight budget, but being the intellectual type that he is I figured he wouldn't mind getting a couple of books now and some more of his precious models when I could afford it. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon a book called 'The Mandalorian Armor' with a picture of Boba Fett on the front. This was at a time when I could hardly keep Boba and Jango straight. But I'd always figured that 'that Fett guy' was just some bounty hunter with spiffy armor. Wrong! This led to a tear of researching and movie-watching by both my boyfriend and myself. And I became fascinated by Boba Fett... almost to an unhealthy extent.

I came to admire Boba because of what he stood for. As a teenager in a fairly disfunctional family, there is no justice. Not only did he have the qualities of the Mandalorians that I had come to know and love, but he also stood for one cause above all others. He wanted something more than honor and glory on the battlefield. He served a greater good (as best as he knows how), and not so much himself. And now I have to say I'm thankful for this madness. It's only been about a year, but it's been a good year so far.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

My brother's favorite guy was Han Solo and I decided I would like the guy that rivaled Solo.And it just grew.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.