1 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:40 pm)

Topic: HALO:Combat Evolved: Heretic

(I couldent wait. if you want to, join after some of the RPGs die off.)

Rules:You may be a UNSC Marine, Spartan II or just about anything, you cannot be Yanme'e (drones) due to the presence of a hive mind, and i cant let one person control untold swarms of characters. Lekgolo (hunters) are not advised as they may be very difficult to RP acurately.
for more resorces on alien species,technology or other things (WARNING:MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS TO HALO 3) see this link

This takes place on a small earthlike planet, indigenous life is mainly consistant of bovine-like creatures in the plains on the supercontinent, primates in the jungles/forest insects where ever they please. (there are dotted islands around the supercontinent, many of them volcanicly active.

ok, dont be all powerful, if your a spartan, you can easily kill drones and grunts for marines these are more chalangeing. The covenat isnt broken.

Most of you know the rules, if not then the basics are stay consistant, no instakills, stay within reason, you are not untouchable if your a spartan. (DONT BE ACTUALY CHARACTERS 117(Master Cheif) Sgt.Johnson) I will GM as best I can. I will need some human AIs for the spartans,

Character "Sheet"
Name:*
Species:*
Class:*
Weapons:*
Apearance:
Personality
(*=its required)

OK Heres the background:

A covenant ship has crashed on a small planet. The ship a crusier called Burning Vengance was damaged in slipspace. Humanity wants the planet, the ship is actually floating a couple hundred feet off the ground, but is still considered grounded. Humanity wants the planet, its rich in flora and fauna, and on the farside, under the ocean is a massive amount of metals and oil. They are launching a mission to capture the ship, and hopefully repair it and take it to the Covenant homeworld to capture the Covenant's Prophets.  This is before the events leading to HALO: Combat Evolved, there are still spartans, Reach hasnt been glassed.

Name: Mike Jameson
Species: Human
Class: ODST(Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) Marine
Weapons: MA5B Assault rifle magnum Battle Rifle, grenades
Apearance:Short brown hair. Hazel eyes, still has all his teeth big_smile
Personality: Fun guy, like many ODST thinks hes the best of the best of the best. He can fight, and is ready to kill some aliens, Jokes with his sargent frequently.

By the time Mike's pod door slamed shut, he was all strapped in. He pulled the small disk from his pocket, and sliped it into the com unit in his pod. As the pod lurched,signifying his exit from the ship Hiroshima he pressed the play button. An old song, over five hundred years old, began to play(Thunderstruck by AC/DC) He had found it by chance in a music store. That would sure as hell **** the captain off. Sure enough, captain Michale's voice sounded over the com, she acurately guessed who had done it. "Jameson, get that sh*! off the chanels" She said, her voice carring a sterness that she probably learned from a sergent. Johnson turned off the disc, and waited it out, his pod shaking violently as it began to enter the atmosphere.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

2 (edited by Sevdelta07 Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:40 pm)

Re: HALO:Combat Evolved: Heretic

Name:*Hisuke Ichimura
Species:*Human
Class:*EVA spartan 6
Age*19
Gender*Male
Weapons:* 2 smg's, battle rifle 2 frag gren. , 2 plasma gren. , 2spike gren. , 2 firebomb gren for the time being
Apearance* white MJOLNIR
Personality*willing to die for another soldier, humorous

Along with Jameson on the Hiroshima Hisuke was preparing to get into his drop pod when his Commander came running at him with some thing in his hand . Screaming dont "Wait." stopping Hisuke looked over this was his first time going out onto the battle feild and he didnt want to miss anything. " You almostforgot your AI here on the ship.""oh that woulda been bad"Grabbing it he then put insideHe then jumped into his drop pod and in seconds the door slammed shut and he heard his pod being shot out. "Get ready"(Hayate his AI) saidbam his pod hit the ground he burst through the doorway as the door blasted out. and rapidly started firing at whatever was out there with his smg's, striking down 2 elites doing so "Sweet my first kill"

Everybody knows about the international dibs protocol and tthe no take backs accord- Sarge Red Vs Blue.

3 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:58 pm)

(ok, this is before we hit the ground, as the captain of the ODST right now.)
(And For rank, heres a  link Click on 4.2 on the  Table of Contents)

Cpt. Rebbeca Michale switched pod 52's com off. It was for the rest of the new recuits, for some of which this was the first drop. Pod 52 had hit the atmoshphere at a bad angle, and began to burn up. The screams issuing over the com were bad. She checked the latest tactical map, and saw that there was a small covenant presence, ghosts, elites and grunts. Luckily command thought that it would be good to drop a sparatan with them. "Check Spartan-6's status." She said apparently to no one. A miniature man, dressed as a mideval knight came out of  a holo-projector. "Right behind you ma'am." "Good, thats all for now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jameson's pod hit the gorund and the hatch blew outward. He grabbed his MA5B and charged out. Spartan-6 was already on the ground. "New orders from the Old Man,Theres a plataue perfect for a LZ for our birds, we need to take it." As the Captain's voice cut out, Jameson took cover behind a rock.  A thin purple bolt flew past his head. "Sniper!" he yelled over 3rd squad Alpha company's (3/A) sniper Sgt. Robert Lorenzo. "I got him." he muttered, taking aim he shot twice, putting down the Jackle sniper. "Move!" The sergent yelled, sending Alpha Company charging forward after the spartan

4 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:48 pm)

Name: Castle 177
Class: SPARTAN II
Weapons: M90 Mk I Shotgun, SRS99C-S2 AM, M6D Magnum
Apearance: Charcoal grey MJOLNIR Mk V Armor
AI Name: Eleanor
Personality: Sometimes reminds lower ranks of his superiority when they get a bit too mouthy, sarcastic most of the time

((I've been waiting for one of these big_smile))

"This IS my signature."

5 (edited by Sevdelta07 Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:18 pm)

( thanks for the ranking thing)
Pulling out his battle rifle, Hisuke started laying down fire to clear the area for alpha company to make its way to its objective, taking down enemy after enemy, he heard a roar erupt from behind him, he turned around to face a Brute chieftain with a gravity hammer, he smacked it in the eye with a shot causing it to grab at its eye while he dropped hs battle rifle to pick up the gravity hammer and smack the brute down on the head with its own weapon. He then dropped the hammer to pick his battle rifle back up and continue to clear the zone.

Everybody knows about the international dibs protocol and tthe no take backs accord- Sarge Red Vs Blue.

6 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:26 pm)

(Hey Revan, Sory, but if you wernt with the ODSTs, your going to need to wait until the LZ is secured....so after this post big_smile)

Grunt behind the Spartan.  It pulled two plasma grenades, and charged. It was to close. A short controled burst put it down before it got him. Alpha continued up the slight hill leading to the Plataeu. They soon had cut a gaping hole in the Covenant defences. A small path was found, and climbed up to the top.

Mike sat down as soon as it was secure, and pulled of his helmet. The Spartan stood silently, until the captain told him to get his genetically enhanced a[censored] to work. Mike laughed sliently. Geneticaly enhanced supersoldier, still subject to the Cap's verbal abuse He stopped laughing as soon as she looked his way. "Get up marine! Dont give this Tinman the impression that the ODST takes lazy soldiers." Mike got up quickly replaced his helmet, and ran off to ask his sargent about fortifacations. Behind him the Captain got the Old Man on the horn and told him they had an LZ.

Hisuke looked over at the ODST troopern that had saved him earlier as he was walking over to the pelican to reload his weapons and said" Thanks" He then went over and filled his weapons back up got into a gauss warthog
and said to the trooper "need a lift"

8 (edited by JeDiEd28 Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:25 pm)

Character Sheet
Name: Blaze
Class: Spartan II
Weapons: 2 Micro SMG's , 3 Frag Grenades, 2 Grenades, and an MA5B Assualt Rifle
AI Name: Brandon
Apearance: White and Gold Armor with Chest Plate and spikes on Shoulder Plates
Personality: Very confident in himself, very funny and cool person if you get to know him

LEELA: I know you like cooking shows, but you're a robot. You don't even have a sense of taste!
BENDER: Honey, I wouldn't talk about taste if I was wearing a lime green tank top.

The high pitched whining of a Pelican's engine caused Mike to look up.  It looked like we had reinforcements, building supplies is what it looked like, and maby a squad of men. More would be down. As the pelican touched down and dropped its payload, two figures disembarked.More Spartans,Mike thought great Its not that he had anything against them, they were lifesaver realy, one of them had saved the Cap's but more then enough times. That took guts, the Cap had goten herself into some deep stuff. But they tended to have a very very high oppinion of themselves, even if they deserved it.  Mike watched as the pelican helped to set up a prefab barracks. He began to hum the lyrics to the song he had played on the com.

Name: Salkathus (Sal for short)
Species: Sangheilli
Class: Elite
Command: As a captain Salkathus is in command of 8 grunts and three other elites
Weapons: Elite plasma rifle, plasma grenades (x2) Plasma sword, beam rifle
Skills: Commanding, sniping and infanty combat, just about anything else he knowes little, or none about. (combat whys)
Apearance: Metalic grey armor, with splats of red paint that looks like blood, on the chest, legs, and helmet.

Personality: Gruff, loyal (to the prophets), has an air of command, extreamly brutal. Does what it takes to accomplish his mission.

Kneeling down in the crack of a rocky hill, accros what seemed to be the enemys LZ, Salkathus lined up the bead of his beam rifle, on the head of an enemy marine. BANG. one down. The others dived for cover. The cannon of one of the humans vehicles started to turn towards Salkathus' hiding place. Sal, as fast as possible lined the bead of the rifle on the man....too late. The cannon fired knocking parts of the rocks above Sal, barring him in small rubble.

((I'll post more on this later))

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

11 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:11 pm)

"What have we got to work with, Ellie?"

"One hundred and four ODSTs and twenty Marines."

"Well, they outnumber the Marines...for once...we're touching down."

Castle stepped off the pelican and was met by an ODST named Johnson.

"What have we got to deal with?"

"Eh, only scattered resistance. We've taken out most of th-"

ZZKKK!

"Sniper! Get down!" A Marine shouted. "Price! Take him out! Behind that rubble!"
Price took the main cannon from his Scorpion Tank online and fired at the outcropping.

"Damn Elites."

"This IS my signature."

"Mike, get on the LAAG!" Sgt. Lorenzo yelled. Mike ran an empety warthog, and got into the turet, he tried to kkep his head behind the guard as best he could. He opened up, the anti-air weapon's recoil jaring his teeth.

Just as the soldier was about to get in he dropped dead. Hisuke jumped out of the warthog and grabbed a sniper rifle in place of his battle rifle, jumped over the side of the plateau hitting the ground hard, he then ran up behind a rockand took up position with his sniper rifle.

14 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:54 pm)

Pushing off the rubble that fell on him, Sal started to take cover behinf a small wall of fallen rocks....BAMM. A bullet wizzed right by his ear. Salkathus instantly droped to all fours. Sniper he thought. After thinking through his options, Salkathus decided to call for a little help from his Unngoy. Sal pulled out his comm and requested a drop off of Unngoy at the base of the plateau. The request was granted and minutes later a Spirit dropship came flying in fireing, and landing a dozen grunts were it was requested. Sal peeked over the edge, seeing an armored man fighting off Unngoy with a sniper rifle. Salkathus then made a break for it. Away from the Humans LZ, and down the hill.

"SPIRIT!" One of the marines nearbye yelled as the dropship came over the rise and into view.  Mike began to fire on the ship, but readjusted his aim to the escaping Elite, as two missiles struck, and downed the dropship. Just as the Elite dived over the other side of the hill, its sheild failed. Mike stepped off and grabbed his Battle Rifle, switched it to single shot, and helped to pick off the rest of the grunts.

dsipatching he grunts with a plasma grenade making sure to steal a couple off their dead bodies he walked over to a grunt that was carrying a fuel rod gun and picked it up in place of his sniper rifle. He then went backup to the LZ hopped oin a mongoose drove it over the plateu landing with some difficulty and chased after the elitewith an ODST soldier o the rear with a MA5B assault rifle

"[censored]ng idiot!" Captain Michale yelled, "Get that tinman back here!" She yelled to Sgt. Lorenzo."I dont care if he is a damn Spartan. Hes under my command!" Lorenzo replaced his helmet "Third squad! Mount up!"  John hopped in the back of a M831 TT beside him, another ODST, Luc Roscoe, hefted a SPNKr missile launcher.  A M12LRV countianing the rest of 3rd squads men (Five in the M831, three in the M12LRV) drove down a makeshift ramp a pelican had dropped and drove after the spartan.

(would you please turn around once we have you in COM range?)

(Sure, just let me know when)

Blaze looked at Mike and said "im thinking that this is gonna be a very long day".

LEELA: I know you like cooking shows, but you're a robot. You don't even have a sense of taste!
BENDER: Honey, I wouldn't talk about taste if I was wearing a lime green tank top.

20 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Friday, December 21, 2007 5:59 pm)

They reached the spartan soon, He was crouching behind the wreckage of the mongoose the ODST dead on the ground before him. A Jackle hiding behind its energy sheild, looked up for a split second and began a prayr to whatever god it worshiped, before its upper body was all but ripped off by about three metric tons of metal moving at well over 100 km/h hit it.  The warthog turned, and skidded to a halt as Lorenzo stepped out. "Jameson, check the body" Mike jumped out of the back, and walked over to the body, he checked the FoF reading on his HUD. "Aw hell...Its Simmons." Corpral James Simmons had been well liked within Alpha Company, he had done his job well, was one hell of a shot, and was proud to be a Helljumper (Nickname for ODST) Lorenzo wlaked up to the spartan, which now stood, and pushed him, somehow actually, causing the armored giant to sway backwards. "Goddamn it you [censored]ard! I dont care if you and you buddies are humanities last hope for survival, if you wern't wearing that goddamn armor I would take you down right [censored]ing now!" Another marine, this one in the LAAG, turned her head back slightly. "Any chance you might have had, you just lost it..."
(had to add one of the game quotes in there big_smile)

(this happens before the post before this)

The elite is running trying to make it to the base camp. He can hear the roar of an engine. They are purseing him. He turns, he can see them coming for him. Rounds start to fly over him, He ducks and returns fire with his plasma rifle. It does little to stop them. Two Jackles come behind him. An idea forms in the elites mind. He grabs one of the jackles be the scruff of the neck, and charges the incoming human vehicle. The shots sent to stop them are absorbed by the jackles body and shield. The shots also ends the jackels struggeling. The vehicle closes in, the elites casts away the now lifeless body. He clicks the plasma grenade on, he throws it on the hood of the mongoose, and it sticks. The elite also jumps on the hood, passing by the spartan, but bring his plasma swords into the gut of the man in black. The impact sends the man in black flying off, and colliding to the ground. The following explosion, sends the mongoose flying.
The elite can hear another vehicle coming. He runs back towards the the Covenant outpost. When he passes the opened jawed jackle he orders him to hold his ground no matter what. He knows the jackle will die, but it will give him more time.

Looking directly into LOrenzo's eyes although she couldn't tell, they were filled with remorse, even though he hadn't asked the soldier to come along he still fewlt the guilt weighing him down. "I truly am sorry, I didn't mean for Simmons to get hurt much less killed, I did everything within my power toi save him but I failed" clenching his fist he, made a vow to hunt down and destroy the covenant scumbag that did this

(no offense to those of you who are covenent)

(lorenzo is a man, your thinking of the captain, who isnt part of 3rd squad)

"Get in the 'hog, we got new orders from the Old Man. Were going back to the LZ" Lorenzo jumped back into the driver's seat. "Sir, what about Simmons?" John asked. "Put him in the back."
Soon they were on their way.

Hisuke started to run alonside the watrhog before it sped off away from him , his mind was riddled to the brim with thoughtrs and pangs of guilt over the dead soldier he knew it wasnt his fault but he  just couldnt fight off the fact that he could've done more by rejecting the soldeirs advance of climbing aboard. Was it normal to feel like this, for a spartan even he didn't know too much about feelings and such considering he lived most of his life in a training facility where all he learned was cmbat and means of survival. Was that why he brought the soldier aalong ... because subconciously he knew he needed a fall man. He needed to Calm down, these thoughts would only cause trouble on the feild for himself and for other soldiers he made a vow that he would never accept another soldiers help again he then pushed all thoughts aside for the moment and cotinued to the LZ.

(sorry for mistaking lorenzo as a woman)

Mike looked back, seeing the spartan near as the hog slowed. When the soldier had got on, the vehicles began to drive. Soon they were back at the LZ which, considereing that they had been gone for a very short time, had made incredible progress. Baricades and turrets were set up, and landing pads were being constructed. Pre-fab structres had been set up, and a liutenant stepped up to the convoy. "Sgt. Ichimura? Captain Michale wants to see you in the ops center." The soldier pointed over his shoulder, and the spartan moved out to see what was up.

(Hey, when you get in there, the captain has called in the other spartans that are topside.)