> 50 = 3 stars
> 100 = 4 stars
> 300 = 5 stars
> 500 = 6 stars
> 1000 = 7 stars
> 2000 = 8 stars
> 3000 = 9 stars
> 5000 = 10 stars

We can change these to be more realistic, as well as the icon. Could be Mandalorian.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: User Ranks

> 10 = 2 stars -- Clone
> 50 = 3 stars -- Trooper
> 100 = 4 stars -- Journeyman Protector
> 300 = 5 stars -- Hunter
> 500 = 6 stars -- Crusader
> 1000 = 7 stars -- Commando
> 2000 = 8 stars -- Advanced Recon Commando
> 3000 = 9 stars -- Super Commando
> 5000 = 10 stars -- Mandalore

Just a little something to work with, maybe?  I know these ranks seem overtly military, but hey, look who you're talking to.

smile

Talk to you later.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

3 (edited by BFFC Chrys Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:42 am)

I don't think we should use too many clone-type ranks, as that would sound like we supported the Prequel backstory more than the original.  We should have a mixture of the old and the new.

10—2 star--Clone Trooper (I definitely agree that the lowest rank should be some kind of clone.)
50—3 stars--Hired Thug (or something along those lines)
100—4 stars--Assassin (or smuggler, etc.--something less illustrious than a bounty hunter)
300—5 stars--Mercenary (this could be switched with assassin)
500—6 stars--Bounty Hunter
1000—7 stars--Journeyman Protector
2000—8 stars--Mandalorian (or Mandalorian Warrior)
3000—9 stars--whatever the Mandalorians called their officers (squad leaders or something?)

Will we need a rank for 5000 posts?  Obi-Wan Fett has the most posts, and she has less than 3000.  No one else is even close to that.  I think there are only 3 or 4 people who have hit 1000.

A lot of our dedicated users are at the 300-500 level, so we would have a lot of mercenaries and bounty hunters, which makes sense.  And many of the ranks I suggested can be switched around.  Personally, it seems like a Journeyman Protector would be more illustrious than a bounty hunter (seeing as how anyone can become a hunter.)

I think the Mandalore rank should be reserved for the Admin.  After all, there can only be one Mandalore.  wink

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

We can change the numbers, too. 3,000 is just a preset here.

10 = Clone
25 = Renegade
50 = Smuggler
100 = Mercenary
250 = Journeyman Protector
500 = Bounty Hunter
750 = Mandalorian Warrior
1000 = Mandalorian Super Commando

Thoughts?

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Sounds good to me, I was going to suggest putting Journeyman Protector before Bounty Hunter - otherwise it sounds like Boba demoted himself wink You could probably leave the stars as well, if that's do-able.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

It all sounds good to me.  (But just in case, will Mandalorian Super Commando fit on the page, or will it stretch everything out?)

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Great. I'll change it over after the holiday, or late Friday.

Nothing should mess up here, given the adjustable format. Try making your browser window smaller. It adjusts here, unlike before. Titles on the left here will just break to the next line.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I'd change Smuggler with something else.  Nothing come to mind, right off the bat, though.  Other than that, they look pretty cool.  I also like the number scoring sytem from before, though, for the stars. 

> 10 = 2 stars
> 50 = 3 stars
> 100 = 4 stars
> 300 = 5 stars
> 500 = 6 stars
> 1000 = 7 stars
> 2000 = 8 stars
> 3000 = 9 stars
> 5000 = 10 stars

Hope you all had a happy holiday.

Shouldn't they match the name ranks? It might be confusing.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Never mind.  I was thinking that the numbers didn't need to change, but I didn't read all of Chrys' comment that only a few people had even made 1000 posts.  Yeah, I'd leave the numbers the same, then.

BFFC Chrys wrote:

Will we need a rank for 5000 posts?  Obi-Wan Fett has the most posts, and she has less than 3000.  No one else is even close to that.  I think there are only 3 or 4 people who have hit 1000.

Pfft. Me and her could've hit 5000 if we'd been consistent wink

Satan gave me a taco.

So I'm guessing the counter will not be returning (other than on one's profile?)

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

It's an easy fix. We could put it on the same line as something else, like after the stars in parenthesis.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I like the way you guys set this up. You guys got some good minds makin this stuff up smile 

Would have been cool if you kept it "overtly military" though. (Made it seem more of a structured enviroment.)

Either way, keep up the good job! Kudos to you all.

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

Glad you appreciate it, Kel. Spread the good word. There's more comin'.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Yea, that sounds cool, good job guys!

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

Awesome job.

I am guessing it is like this:

10 = Clone
25 = Renegade
50 = Smuggler
100 = Mercenary
500 = Bounty Hunter

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

KudarMubat15 wrote:

10 = Clone
25 = Renegade
50 = Smuggler
100 = Mercenary
500 = Bounty Hunter

I agree, except that I would assume that 1000 equals Mandalore. It is also possible that Jedi hunter is a rank.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:

10 = Clone
25 = Renegade
50 = Smuggler
100 = Mercenary
500 = Bounty Hunter

I agree, except that I would assume that 1000 equals Mandalore. It is also possible that Jedi hunter is a rank.

That's an interesting thought. Then we could add a 2500 rank and a 5000 rank as well. I really think we need those two...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Hm... There is no 5 star rank. That is strange. Miba has just reached "Journeyman Protector", yet she still has 5 stars... Is this purposeful, or should it be fixed?

Yeah, I was curious about that too. I'd heard we get more than four stars now?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I'll double check. The titles and stars might be on different numbers, as they're both custom. wink

Founder/Editor, BFFC