Re: What Spoils Boba Fett's Uniform

Jetpack is good for getting places, but the exaust would be a dead givaway. and the noise.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

i dont see a problem with fett at all...hes got pretty awesome armor clothin etc hes perfect on my standards

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

Well, on a scale of one to ten, his amour definitely rates a 9.75.  I don't see anthing wrong with the armour, BUT (hey, it was inevitable) I think that he should re-think the Wookiee pelt things, and possibly better leg protection.  The leg protection is not that bad, actually, but I'm all about the aesthetics (spelling?).  Now, the pelts, those I don't like.  Boba knows he's the best, everyone ELSE knows he's the best, why show off?  Besides, wouldnt they get in the way in case he's trying to make a fast exit, and they get caught on some portrusion while he's jeting away?  That wouldnt be very good.  And there's no point in enraging a whole species of able-to-tear-arms-off creatures whenever you walk by.  That's not worth the pain, I'd say.  Other than those small complaints, I think his armour is the best, appearance-wise.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Terron wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

Anyway, I think the jet back is a good thing to use if you are a sniper.

...Sounds like somebody's played a bit too much Jedi Academy... ?

What?

As far as traditional beskar'gam goes, Boba Fetts armor's okay. His ingenuity has made it work for him, with his "always have a backup plan" attitude. As far as color, I know the color Green represents Duty in Mando'a culture, and in my opinion, it's a sense of duty to his father (we learn more of the Fett's personal motivation in Legacy of the Force:Bloodlines.)

We all know that jetpack and rocket combo has saved his sheb more times then we can count.

Like I said as far as traditional beskar'gam goes, Boba Fetts armor's not too shabby.

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Karson Fett wrote:
Terron wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

Anyway, I think the jet back is a good thing to use if you are a sniper.

...Sounds like somebody's played a bit too much Jedi Academy... ?

What?

Ah, so you didn't know?

Multiplayer --> Mercenaries --> Scout-class = Boba Fett with a jetpack and a sniper rifle.
Clear?

Космические рейнджеры 2: Доминаторы
(Lancelot! <3)

That would be a dangerous combo...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

33 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, December 3, 2007 5:38 am)

Actualy a dangerous combination is:
Zombies+Ninjas+Pirates in  The desert on a big mesa locked in mortal combat+Chuck Norris, with nothing but what comes attached

But you raise an interesting point, and I agree.

I don't see anything too bad about Boba Fett's Costume.

How am I supposed to drive with yo head in my face?

I still think the total lack of leg protection is annoying.  Just one of those things that makes you say well (for lack of a better word) GAH!

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Ok, so Boba's on a mission. Say he doesnt have his jet pack. A sniper sees him, where does he shoot? The head? The chest? No, the legs, because he would know that the head and chest would be heavily armored.

37 (edited by Ralin Drakus Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:20 am)

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

"I don't see anthing wrong with the armour, BUT (hey, it was inevitable) I think that he should re-think the Wookiee pelt things, and possibly better leg protection."  "Boba knows he's the best, everyone ELSE knows he's the best, why show off?  Besides, wouldnt they get in the way in case he's trying to make a fast exit, and they get caught on some portrusion while he's jeting away?  That wouldnt be very good."

That's a very good point; a point that I'm sure isn't lost on Boba.  Which tells me they have a VERY special meaning for him. 

As usual, I have a far-out alternat expalation.

Does anyone know anything about Mando marriage rights??  Is it posable that the braids aren't battle trophies at all (or not all of them are), but a Mandalorian version of a wedding ring??

I know this one is reaching WAY out there, but it's something that came to mind as I was writting my story. 

There is no canon info on what they really are or where he got them, is there??  Also, is there such a thing as a blond Wookiee???  That's the big one that jumps out at me. 

The bountyhunter he had a child with, she has dark hair, right?  so that could be one of those braids.  The blond one. . .  another flame in our favorite bountyhunter's life??

Just thinking out loud.  Can anyone prove me wrong??  I'd like to know myself

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Well, on a scale of one to ten, his amour definitely rates a 9.75.  I don't see anthing wrong with the armour, BUT (hey, it was inevitable) I think that he should re-think the Wookiee pelt things, and possibly better leg protection.  The leg protection is not that bad, actually, but I'm all about the aesthetics (spelling?).  Now, the pelts, those I don't like.  Boba knows he's the best, everyone ELSE knows he's the best, why show off?  Besides, wouldnt they get in the way in case he's trying to make a fast exit, and they get caught on some portrusion while he's jeting away?  That wouldnt be very good.  And there's no point in enraging a whole species of able-to-tear-arms-off creatures whenever you walk by.  That's not worth the pain, I'd say.  Other than those small complaints, I think his armour is the best, appearance-wise.

Honor those you have killed. You take a trophie to show that you beat them, and that they were a chalange, that they deserve honor.
(as for the blondness, how old were they? they could have just been paled by sunlight and exposure)

Maybe thats why he has that blond wookie pelt, because it was from a unique blond wookie he killed. So it would be a more unique trophy of sorts...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

On the subject of lack of leg armor.  Mobility is a major factor. Boba has to be able to move around.  Effective leg armor would make it harder to move.

41 (edited by Ralin Drakus Sunday, December 9, 2007 1:21 pm)

Good point Coyote 850.

'Heavy assault & superior firpower' is more my style, making heavier armor like Jango's more to my personal taste; but that's not Boba's method, and I'm good with that. 

If there's anything I'd change it would be the shoes; combat boots really would look better I think

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I agree.

However, the leg armour could be compensated by having light armour plating on the thigh and shin.  It wouldn't be too heavy, and would still be very protective.

And V_M, if Fett indeed wore marriage braids, why would he go around wearing them in public so much?  That would boradcast that he has someone special, and his many enemies would know where to strike.  I suppose a blond Wookiee is not farfetched; enough tanning time can do that to a lot of people.  But I still think that the braids would hinder him more than help him on the field.  Just my thoughts and all.

And V_M, if Fett indeed wore marriage braids, why would he go around wearing them in public so much?  That would boradcast that he has someone special, and his many enemies would know where to strike.  I suppose a blond Wookiee is not farfetched; enough tanning time can do that to a lot of people.  But I still think that the braids would hinder him more than help him on the field.  Just my thoughts and all.

No reason to fear wearing the braids if they belong to his GFs; the whole galaxy thinks they're Wookiee pelts!   big_smile   Seriously.  If they really are some kind of Mando wedding/relationship symbol, the belief that they're Wook pelts may have spawned from Boba himself; one of his 'selfmade' myths that misslead his enemies and furthers his mystique.

One other thing that makes me doubt the "Wookiee pelt Trophies" is that he has more then one (just how many does he have, 2 or 3??  Looking at my Boba Fett FatHead, but can't tell in that pose).  Not if he kept them to Honor worthy adversaries.  What are the odds that the only 2 creatures in the galaxy that Fett felt earned his respect would both be Wook's; and one a blond one at that   hmm

One for sure could be, but 2??  I think there's a backstory behind at least one of those braids that doesn't involve a Wookiee

Perhaps he just assumes, i dont know why, that say, skulls clinking on his armor mess with stealth,

once again blond because of sunlight and harsh elements. Mabey he had a bunch of other trophies, but he just prefers to wear the wookie pelt.

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

Perhaps he just assumes, i dont know why, that say, skulls clinking on his armor mess with stealth

True; his available space for knick-knacks would be limited to what little room isn't taken up by tactical equipment AND whatever didn't hamper his mission (though I never believed in that story that he bacame a Journeyman Protector, leaving you to wonder where he really got that red belt. . .  hmm  )

What spoils Bobas uniform to me is that missle that sticks out above his head on his jet pack.To me it is a one shot wonder.
Does he carry extras someone on him we dont know about?Maybe in a chamber in the jetpack?
It would seem that it would get in the way of hidding and creeping around.
I like the arena jetpack Jango used.The stubby one.

"I am just a simple man trying to make it in the universe"

I also think that he should have a bit more armour on his legs. It should be nothing too heavy so that he can remain mobile, but at least something more to protect him.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Devil Girl wrote:

I also think that he should have a bit more armour on his legs. It should be nothing too heavy so that he can remain mobile, but at least something more to protect him.

Plastic Shinguards big_smile

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:
Devil Girl wrote:

Plastic Shinguards big_smile

Yes that would be funky especially if they were pink wink

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Lopero wrote:

What spoils Bobas uniform to me is that missle that sticks out above his head on his jet pack.To me it is a one shot wonder.
Does he carry extras someone on him we dont know about?Maybe in a chamber in the jetpack?
It would seem that it would get in the way of hidding and creeping around.
I like the arena jetpack Jango used.The stubby one.

I agree with that one.  Still has the missle, but it's a little more practical.  It doesn't tower over your head to get caught on something.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."