Re: Speak in Mando'a

LOL
I think that learning Mando'a would be really cool. I already know a good bit, and me and several of my friends speak in Mando'a together, and to others, especially when it comes to others, we enjoy insulting them in Mando'a(specifically if those 'others' insult star wars LOL)

Boba Fett FTW!!! Altair, Ezio, and Connor, all good men since 1200AD
Anime rules, Believe it! Black Steel Gajeel, the Iron Dragonslayer

There is a Mando'a dictionary I found a while ago. Just type Mando'a dictionary and it should pop up

“Whoever angers you, owns you.”

Manda'lor Revan wrote:

LOL
I think that learning Mando'a would be really cool. I already know a good bit, and me and several of my friends speak in Mando'a together, and to others, especially when it comes to others, we enjoy insulting them in Mando'a(specifically if those 'others' insult star wars LOL)

http://mandoa.org/

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Thylacine wrote:
Zeek_Fett wrote:

you know what i think?I think Mando'a is stupid. Travis thinks she can do all that all by herself? All of a sudden she can create a Mandolorian language and not talk to the old Fandalorians? she's full of herself. she has no right to write about Boba, no one does, but all the Boba Fett fans should. This goes for Mando'a too.

Is Huttese stupid? Is Klingon stupid? No...they're not. You know why? Because someone actually took the time to create the language, same as Ms. Travis did.  If you think the languages are "stupid" create one for yourself, you'll see how hard it is to do (Trust me, I created several. Not an easy task.) so give her some credit. At least she gave us a language for our Mandos. Besides, she has to get permission from Lucas or whoever is in charge of those things to get it published, so she probably isn't doing it all by herself.

About that writing. You say she can't write Boba but a fan can? Isn't that kind of counterdictive? Besides, she's probably a Boba/Mandalorian fan herself, otherwise why would she write stories for him?

I 100% agree with you because if you have the dedication to create an entire language it shouldn't be called stupid!

I also agree that if she can write books about boba than she must be a boba fan.

Thylacine wrote:
Zeek_Fett wrote:

you know what i think?I think Mando'a is stupid. Travis thinks she can do all that all by herself? All of a sudden she can create a Mandolorian language and not talk to the old Fandalorians? she's full of herself. she has no right to write about Boba, no one does, but all the Boba Fett fans should. This goes for Mando'a too.

Is Huttese stupid? Is Klingon stupid? No...they're not. You know why? Because someone actually took the time to create the language, same as Ms. Travis did.  If you think the languages are "stupid" create one for yourself, you'll see how hard it is to do (Trust me, I created several. Not an easy task.) so give her some credit. At least she gave us a language for our Mandos. Besides, she has to get permission from Lucas or whoever is in charge of those things to get it published, so she probably isn't doing it all by herself.

About that writing. You say she can't write Boba but a fan can? Isn't that kind of counterdictive? Besides, she's probably a Boba/Mandalorian fan herself, otherwise why would she write stories for him?

I 100% agree with you because if you have the dedication to create an entire language it shouldn't be called stupid!

I also agree that if she can write books about boba than she must be a boba fan.

To start out for my mando’a lessons, I translate parts of vode an.

Favorite Star Wars character: Boba. (Well, duh!)

And no, I do not have disney plus. I have to have everything spoiled for me. :(

funbun wrote:
Thylacine wrote:
Zeek_Fett wrote:

definitely. I enjoyed a practical man a lot.

MandaloreRising wrote:

There is a Mando'a dictionary I found a while ago. Just type Mando'a dictionary and it should pop up

Thanks!

sola-lor wrote:

Here's a Mando'a Language Dictionary I've been working on. The first part, mostely complete, is the alphabet and grammar. The second part is the dictionary, not even close to being finished.

What do you think?

The link for it is
http://www.mand-alore.com/MLD.pdf

The server can’t be found for some reason. Am I the only one with this problem?

The post you're quoting is from 2007. The site must have died since then.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

The post you're quoting is from 2007. The site must have died since then.

Darn.

Just cruising boards and in case anyone else here comes looking.
Live site for Mando'a

https://mandoa.org/

Karen's website, which originally had it all, needs the Wayback Machine (archive.org) version to look back at what was there:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130617082 … 20/page26/

Pretty cool stuff: grammar notes, alphabet, and original dictionary.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I can greet a person in mandoa, insult them, an threaten to slap them in the face.
that's it.

-someone who joined this site in 2020