1 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, June 9, 2007 1:17 pm)

Topic: Moral progatives and logical fallices.

Well, here it is.  Anything you want to debate, post it here.  Global warming, evolution, immigration, Suns vs Spurs, whatever.  This is where the titans can clash and where only the brave dare to post.  As I've said before I enjoy "tweaking" people and so must warn that while my arguments are logical, they are not kind.  If you are a sensitive person, be advised not to make trivial posts.  To see an example of the way I post, see "The whales are going to lose" thread.  With that said, let the debate begin!

All for one, and that one is me!

2 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, June 9, 2007 1:16 pm)

Re: Moral progatives and logical fallices.

Conspiracy Theorists
Scientists
CLONING is it morally right?
Cloning
Is evolution real? Is evolution true?
Political poison

take it easy baby take it as it comes

3 (edited by cujo Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:54 am)

i believe the "force master" was looking to start a thread of more caustic, blunt discussion.
although, im not sure how many come to this site to looking to get hit over the head with
someones social or political opinion.

but i could be wrong...
it happened once. tongue

and "force master". you should attempt to address one issue at a time, or threads get convoluted. IMO

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

Actually, this sounds like a pretty good idea.  Now someone just needs a topic.  I can't really think of any on my own that haven't already been argued quite thoroughly on this site already.  (heh)

How about . . . animal activists and hunting!  That sounds juicy.  (I do hunt)

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

I love hunting, and PETA can get pretty overeactive at times. They released cards with a drawn picture of a man stabbing a live fish, and a woman gutting a live rabbit, in an attempt to get children to belive that that is what fishing and fur coats are about.

They are also practically terrorists.  A bunch of them burned a building down and a important member stated that if people didn't stop 'hurting' animal, then they would start hurting people.
(If you want proof, I'll get it later.  I'm tired right now)

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

cool, proof would be good.....:)

terrorists are evil......e......v.....i.....l!! if someone likes terrorists they can bug off!  (   except the ones who dont...lol!

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

8 (edited by cujo Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:26 am)

often times when people become passionite for a cause they loose perspective.
for examples of this see...

religion, partisan politics...(opens a whole new can of worms)

as far as peta goes, they work the demagogue angle pretty hard.
poor helpless pets and so on, i dont always agree with them. but i often come to the defense of animals-
such is the case with the dog fights and so on. i believe that our(american) culture is built off
of excess and "because we can" logic, and that annoys me.

i have no issues with hunting for sport, but as always some foo's cross lines...

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

cool, thanks for the info, cujo.

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

i think hunting is ok and usually they have limits and seasons so you cant wipe out an entire species in ana area which is a good thing. usually there are a select few who go over board and they take those 2 say this is what happens just like the woman and the rabbit thing.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

i know im spamming but how do you delete a thread and start a new one?

You can only delete your own threads by clicking the delete button. You start a new one by clicking the button designed for that purpose.

Yautja, I believe you, but I would not mind seeing the source, if it is not too much trouble.

Here's a good article.  It's long, but you can skim through it and see what I mean.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_det … dline/2339

And another.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 01777.html

This one is probably the clearest, though.

http://www.animalrights.net/archives/ye … 00370.html

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Thank you very much.

It depends on the hunting.

I will never agree with fox hunting. I hate it.

I also do not see hunting as a sport. I see hunting as being a way to get food/fur to use.

I also think that if you are to hunt you should cause the animal as little distress as possible. We are in a really fortunate position that we can do this. And of course animals should not be over hunted. Obviously with hunting comes responsibility.

Now about animals activists.

I do not really see myself as an animal activist but I really do not like seeing animals suffering seeing cruel things being done to animals. I truly will never understand how people can take pleasure from hurting animals. I do not think animals should be used for cosmetic testing. I also do not like the medical testing on animals but I do know that a viable alternative needs to be found before anything is done about that. I also really do not like the fur trade. There is so much cruelty involved it is disgusting. There is such good fake fur to wear that there is no point in wearing real fur (with the exception of those who are living in harsh landscapes like Eskimos etc)

Though I NEVER agree with the extreme activists who in my opinion do so much damage in their attempt to do something that they think is good.

There was a case in England where some animal activists released some animals from a zoo thinking that they were doing good. In reality they released a bunch of sick animals that were not native to this country that would have suffered before dying. I thought that was a stupid thing to do.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

This topic may not belong here at The Boba Fett Fan Club. To reiterate item 6 in the posted rules:

Abbreviated: Rules - Item 6: USAGE OF THIS BOARD wrote:

* You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this board to post any material which is:
abusive, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law.
* You agree to be respectful of other users.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

BFFC Admin wrote:

This topic may not belong here at The Boba Fett Fan Club. To reiterate item 6 in the posted rules:

Abbreviated: Rules - Item 6: USAGE OF THIS BOARD wrote:

* You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this board to post any material which is:
abusive, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law.
* You agree to be respectful of other users.

Hmmm... I geuss the question is will my "tweaking" of people be disrespectful of others.  I will not post any coments that are intentionaly hatefull or malicious.  My brother tells me that he has seen people use profanity on other forums, espetial in reference to Jango.  I try to refrain from profanity, exept  in the use of comman phrases or in reference to others profanity.  Sexualy oreinted posts, privicy invation, and law breaking are not things I would even think of doing. They hinder logical disscution. What would happen is if people posted a comment that gave me a chance to "tweak" them, I probably would.  It wouldn't be hurtful, just annoing.  If you still think that this thread is a bad idea, then please post and I will cease and desist.

And now for responses:
Draco: What did you mean by the threads you posted at the top?  Were they topic Ideas or were they just there to show my some other threads to post on?

cujo: While it is true that the treads could get tangeled, I hope to keep that from happening by responding to whatever topic is currently the one everyone is posting about, currently Hunting and PETA.  And I agree with you that passionite people often become blinded by their goals, but peta intential goes to the extreme intentionaly, trying to tick people off.  And it oftan blows up in their face, such as when they ran aground on a reef they were trying to protect.

Devil girl: I'm not sure about fox hunting.  I need to know more about it before I can make a ruling on it.  Please send me a source or two (and its best that they not be connected to peta in any way.) 
As for hunting, what you say is true with causing as little pain as possible.  I really have no opion on sport hunting, pity, seeing as this is currently the topic of choise.  And yes, I personaly think that you can be an animal rights activist and eat only veggies, just don't get in my face when I start grilling my steaks, which I need to do now and so I'll end my post here.

All for one, and that one is me!

Devil Girl wrote:

I do not really see myself as an animal activist but I really do not like seeing animals suffering seeing cruel things being done to animals. I truly will never understand how people can take pleasure from hurting animals. I do not think animals should be used for cosmetic testing. I also do not like the medical testing on animals but I do know that a viable alternative needs to be found before anything is done about that. I also really do not like the fur trade. There is so much cruelty involved it is disgusting. There is such good fake fur to wear that there is no point in wearing real fur (with the exception of those who are living in harsh landscapes like Eskimos etc)

Though I NEVER agree with the extreme activists who in my opinion do so much damage in their attempt to do something that they think is good.

There was a case in England where some animal activists released some animals from a zoo thinking that they were doing good. In reality they released a bunch of sick animals that were not native to this country that would have suffered before dying. I thought that was a stupid thing to do.

I also do not like to see animals suffer from someones malice or carelessness.  I have quite a few pets myself, and I like most animals.  (Except dogs)  I enjoy hunting because it's a challenge, just like many of the other things I do.   When you hunt, you are always taught to kill the animal as quickly as possibly in order to cause it as little discomfort as possible.

Force Master R,  you do have some very good arguments, but what exactly do you mean when you say tweak?  You keep saying it, and I have to admit, it is slightly annoying.

I'm Old Gregggggggg!

As someone who has grown up with hunting all his life whenever me and my dad go hunting every animal we get we eat.  I think hunting for sport is quite stupid, pointless.  Except when it comes to coyotes.  And I'm sure almost every chicken farmer agrees with me.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Force Master R, I am a vegetarian (and planning on becoming a vegan) I have absolutely no problem with people eating meat. I have even cooked meat for others. I also used to work in a pub where I had to cook food, which included cooking meat. It did not bother me at all. LOL I was even told by someone that I cooked a perfect steak for them smile

Here is a link to what Wikipedia says about fox hunting. This will pretty much tell you what you need to know. There will also be more links on that page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_hunting

I do not like fox hunting as there is a much better way than that but then again fox hunting in my opinion is not really about controlling the fox population.

Foxes are killed for the same reason that coyotes are. Though I still think that you should not show off about it. Devil boy has seen some pictures of people parading over bodies of coyotes and I do not think that is right. As far as I am concerned you do what you need to get done. I am sorry but showing off over dead animals does not seem right to me.

There must be a way though to protect the chickens better from foxes and coyotes.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

or if you wanted to go hunting you could get a bb rifle or something.......

You could not kill a deer with a BB rifle.

you probably could make a rabbit un concious i would think if not, " doh! "

That would be animal cruelty. And you could not knock out a rabbit with a BB.

i know it's animal cruelty and you were right about the bb not hurting it, i like rabbits anyway , i dont want to hurt them..... smile