26 (edited by Lord Revan Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:15 pm)

Re: Spider-Man 3

Holy Crap Fetter...I am with you 100% on that. Really, you were right about the emo thing and how they treated the symbiote suit...Also, I HATED the way they did the Movie Eddie/Venom (The effects were good and all, but...No. And yes, he was very whiney) I liked it...1% Comic Eddie/Venom...100% I was honestly...Very dissapointed in the movie. (They didn't even put the signature white spider on either of the symbiote suits) Although, I did like sandman's new story. Does anyone agree?

THE SCRIPTWRITERS MUST DIE!!!!!!!

j/k

But maybe punished a little...

"This IS my signature."

Well, at least we have Cassudy to look foward to.  That should be interesting.  I'd like to see who will be chosen for his character.  But Carnage and Venom have been chosen for Spiderman 4.  Apparently they'll be doing one Raimi or no.  This is from the source who said Venom and Sandman would be the villians in 3.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

What is the source?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Wow, I'm not much of a comic fan, but I have liked the previous movies. I'm planning on seeing Spiderman 3 this Sunday.
Fans of the comics: did you like the previous movies or this one a total screw up??

Also, I've read on other message boards that Raimi hates Venom, and didn't even want to put him in the movie... that could be why he doesn't measure up to the comic book version... ?

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Thats in Raimi stays...theres talk of him doing the Hobbit so he has to choose spidey or hobbit...thats when i last read which was a week or so b4 opening weekend so maybe the numbers have swayed his decisions ince then. But he did wanan do the hobbit. (www.comingsoon.net) is where i got that info, youll have to search the archives 4 it since there is always so many new things added each day.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

I'd hate to see the Hobbit done by anyone other than Peter Jackson. Doesn't Raimi know he'll have some awfully big shoes to fill?

But anyway, are you a fan of the comics or the movies, Dageen?

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

32 (edited by Lord Revan Friday, May 11, 2007 1:25 pm)

I liked the movie Doc Ock and Sandman better than the Comics...But as for all the other villains? No. Riami did an outstanding job on Spiderman 2, But 1? I hated it. The 3rd movie was ok, but I ABSOLUTELY HATED the way Riami and the other scriptwriters did Venom. They made Eddie "pray" to God, asking for Him to kill spiderman. That is not a good thing to do. Also in the movie, Venom could have cared less if innocent civilians died, nor did he have his twisted vigilante criminal slayer mentality. In the movie, he was just a bad guy that needed to die. So therefore, he is not the Venom I know and like, and I will not consider it cannon.

*Throws darts at picture with all the scriptwriters in it*

Can you tell I'm mad? I almost wanted to cry after the movie was over.

(Yay! 400th post! I'm still mad at the scriptwriters though...hehehe...)

"This IS my signature."

The movies were not ment to be canon.

im a fan of all old school comics but im deff not a fan of the movie...i prefer the cartoon version of the 90's? better. always watched them whichis the only reason i went to the movies.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Y'all are nuts, sorry. Spider-man 3 freakin OWNED!!!! It was many times better than the first two, and Venom was awsome.  There is a Spidey and Goblin teamup vs. Venom and Sandman battle!  What nore could you ask for?!?

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

36 (edited by Dravage Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:22 pm)

Lord Revan wrote:

The 3rd movie was ok, but I ABSOLUTELY HATED the way Riami and the other scriptwriters did Venom. They made Eddie "pray" to God, asking for Him to kill spiderman. That is not a good thing to do. Also in the movie, Venom could have cared less if innocent civilians died, nor did he have his twisted vigilante criminal slayer mentality. In the movie, he was just a bad guy that needed to die. So therefore, he is not the Venom I know and like, and I will not consider it cannon.

I'm pretty sure Eddie prayed to God to kill Spider-man or Peter in the comics, it just happened in a graveyard or something as opposed to a church. It was a nice homage.

I didnt like this movie as much as the last because I just realized that the writers are focused way too much on making everyone seem like a good guy. I mean, like 90% of the movie villains were forced into being bad it totally sucks.

Venom was kinda cool and I was proud of the job Topher Grace did, but they seriously underused his potential. Venom's supposed to refer to Eddie and the symbiote as "we". And they didn't emphasize that he was invisible to the spider-sense. And where was the trademark tounge action that would've been so cool? But I heard the director really disliked the character which sucks.

If there is a sequal, which I'm beginning to doubt, I don't think Carnage would be a good chioce. Eddie should totally survive to team up with Peter though. Its true that Venom wouldnt truly be Venom w/o Eddie even though now I'm hearing that Scorpion is the new Venom... go figure.

The Lizard should be the main villain since Dr. Conners was like the one door the writers left open in all those movies. I think the Vulture should come in too since they already signed a guy on for this one, but they couldn't fit him in.

I so agree with the lizard thats there best bet. Having anymore goblins come in would ruin it.

―Peter Griffin

I wouldn't mind seeing th Demogoblin.

Spider-Fett wrote:

Y'all are nuts, sorry. Spider-man 3 freakin OWNED!!!! It was many times better than the first two, and Venom was awsome.  There is a Spidey and Goblin teamup vs. Venom and Sandman battle!  What nore could you ask for?!?

SF

BUT WHY?!?!? Because there are 2 (maybe 3) good fight scenes? They take up a maximum of 20 minutes. The movie is 140 minutes long. What about the 30 minute emo trip that Peter went on? What about the fact that Spidey was really only in it for a small portion? How about the fact that Venom (while looking cool and having a good fight scene) is still whiny Brock with a suit on? And why add Gwen!!!!?? What real part did she play?

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Spider-Fett wrote:

Y'all are nuts, sorry. Spider-man 3 freakin OWNED!!!! It was many times better than the first two, and Venom was awsome.  There is a Spidey and Goblin teamup vs. Venom and Sandman battle!  What more could you ask for?!?

SF

Amen. For one thing ,why everyone upset about how Venom wasn't in it enough? The movie is Spider-Man 3, not Venom the movie! Also, I really liked the way they made Venom in the movie. That's how I like my Venom: Evil, with little care for civilian lives. He a friggin' villian. Let him be villainous. The worst parts were:
A. The Harry/MJ "Do the Twist" scene. It almost hurt.
B.Sandman killing Unca Ben. So much for it being all Pete's fault Ben died for letting the criminal go. Now he would've died either way. Other than that, this movie was awesome. I really hope there is a Spidey 4.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

True, every word.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

I generaly dont go in for films like this but i saw it because my friends were going. Some of it was alright but most of it was real.... corny lol. All the typical hollywood stuff in the last fight scene like harry giving his life to save Peter. Personally i didnt think it was very good.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Ph34r wrote:

The movie is Spider-Man 3, not Venom the movie!

In agree, it is called Spider-Man 3. So why was Spider-man only in it for like... 20 minutes? Shouldn't by your logic it be called Peter Parker and "Friends" or The Life and Times of Peter Parker

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Dravage wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:

The 3rd movie was ok, but I ABSOLUTELY HATED the way Riami and the other scriptwriters did Venom. They made Eddie "pray" to God, asking for Him to kill spiderman. That is not a good thing to do. Also in the movie, Venom could have cared less if innocent civilians died, nor did he have his twisted vigilante criminal slayer mentality. In the movie, he was just a bad guy that needed to die. So therefore, he is not the Venom I know and like, and I will not consider it cannon.

I'm pretty sure Eddie prayed to God to kill Spider-man or Peter in the comics, it just happened in a graveyard or something as opposed to a church. It was a nice homage.

I didnt like this movie as much as the last because I just realized that the writers are focused way too much on making everyone seem like a good guy. I mean, like 90% of the movie villains were forced into being bad it totally sucks.

Venom was kinda cool and I was proud of the job Topher Grace did, but they seriously underused his potential. Venom's supposed to refer to Eddie and the symbiote as "we". And they didn't emphasize that he was invisible to the spider-sense. And where was the trademark tounge action that would've been so cool? But I heard the director really disliked the character which sucks.

If there is a sequal, which I'm beginning to doubt, I don't think Carnage would be a good chioce. Eddie should totally survive to team up with Peter though. Its true that Venom wouldnt truly be Venom w/o Eddie even though now I'm hearing that Scorpion is the new Venom... go figure.

The Lizard should be the main villain since Dr. Conners was like the one door the writers left open in all those movies. I think the Vulture should come in too since they already signed a guy on for this one, but they couldn't fit him in.

In the comics he was praying to God to forgive him as he was a catholic and intended to commit suicide.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Sam Raimi will NOT be making The Hobbit into a movie, nor will Peter Jackson. Christopher Tolkien won't allow anybody to make it. That, and the Halo movie was cancelled btw, because Peter Jackson would have made the budget go from 250 to $300,000,000.

That was pretty off-topic.

I did not like Brock's aforementioned, sinful prayer.

47 (edited by Lord Revan Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:48 am)

I did not like it one bit either. Here's Venom's Marvel Official Bio:

-> http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venom

"This IS my signature."

48 (edited by cujo Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:54 pm)

just saw the flick...it was doo doo.
and here r several reasons why...

1. venom/brock-were lame. and deserve more screen time-with a better cast actor.
2. sandman wore the same outfit for days, i like the homage to the stripped shirt but come-on!
3. mary jane drama, front and central.
4. storylines were convoluted, dialog was...ok. where was spideys wit?
5. no one should ever have to watch the actor playing spidey dance.
actor that played spidey has limited range. did anybody believe he was actually cool?

there is something wrong when ur two best actors- guy playing harry and j jonah jameson.
the rest of the cast seemed to have mailed it in.

i thought the goblin was great.
and for the love of...get a burned out body builder to play venom-so that he doesnt sound like a
kid when he talks.

draco fett wrote:

I did not like Brock's aforementioned, sinful prayer.

as for that particular scene- i kinda like the vendictive prayer. it was some of the only well written
stuff in the movie.you think he is in there to repent, and then snap!

ill probably edit later...pizza calling me.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

I was sick when I watched it last weekend...must be why I didn't have a problem with it.  ^_^  I agree that they butchered Venom, but that's about the only thing I had an issue with...huh. 

Normally Peter Parker dancing like an idiot would've made me die a little inside. 

Here's an interesting article about Spidey 4. 

http://movies.ign.com/articles/782/782920p1.html

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

what if the venom symbiote developed...................... Endo Spores at a really fast rate like when it was being burned. Then after everyone went away it would go and take over someone else.