1 (edited by Jesse Fett Sunday, May 6, 2007 12:24 am)

Topic: Spider-Man 3

spoiler warningspoiler warningspoiler warningspoiler warning
spoiler warning spoiler warningspoiler warning   spoiler warning

Spider man 3 was bad for the following reasons, not enough VENOM, not enough black suit spidey, and the death of Venom. I'm mega pissed about venom dying, if they would've kept him alive they would've made a ton of money on the 4th with spider and venom teaming to take down carnage. big mistake killing venom.

But on the plus side Topher Grace was a good Eddie Brock/Venom.

Any one else kind ticked off with venom dying, like on every board about spider man 3 all people would talk about is mostly venom and how cool he'll be, so i know for sure there are gonna be people who agree with me

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: Spider-Man 3

whoa, you gotta drop some spoiler warning on this...

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

aw yes thnx for telling me

I'd just like to say that venom is probably not dead yet.  There may be another venom yet.  If you remember the scientist has some of the black goo stuff with him... that could be released into something else.  Say Carnage?  I don't know much about the spiderman universe, but I do know that carnage and venom are similar.

I didn't like the fact that the new goblin died, I spose it would be too weird to have a duo working together in spider man. 

Overall, I was expecting to cry to this movie like I did to SW episode III.  However, no tears came.

I thought the subway fight with sandman was overall better than the actual climactic fight at the end.  The end fight was too predictable, short, and convenient.

big_smile

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

a new venom would truly be venom with out eddie, and ofcoarse that symbiot if it does some how get out and attatch itself, the charechter should be called venom but as we know with the new goblin carnage would end up with the name new venom

He was never even called New Goblin in the movie. Carnage would be called Carnage rather than "New Venom" as that would not confuse people like two Green Goblins would.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

all over the merchandise its New Goblin, like other people have said why wouldnt they just call him Hob goblin?

Harry never was the Hobgoblin. He was the second Green Goblin.

I don't see why everyone's so upset. I thought it was a great movie. Sure, some scenes were lame ("Do the Twist", anybody?) but I still loved it. Venom dying didn't upset me. The focal villian died in the two movies previous, and I was pretty sure going in he would die. I thoguht Sandman would die, but he goes down as the first movie Spidey villian to not die at the end of a movie. The symbiote Conners has will probably be Carnage in Spider-Man 4, if that movie happens. Anyone else notice Venom isn't referred to as "Venom" anywhere in the flick except in the credits?

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

10 (edited by Jesse Fett Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:12 pm)

draco fett wrote:

....did i say he was the hob goblin? What I was implying is that it would've been better had he been the hob goblin. He was just new goblin pure and simple even tho they never said it in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_man … characters

looky see NEW GOBLIN

I thought it was a major let down. If they dont shape up for the rest of the movie series its going to ruin the entire movie franchise. Besides that badness of the movie i loved Stan Lee's cameo.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Jesse Fett wrote:
draco fett wrote:

....did i say he was the hob goblin? What I was implying is that it would've been better had he been the hob goblin. He was just new goblin pure and simple even tho they never said it in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_man … characters

looky see NEW GOBLIN

Giving a character the name of another, pre-existing character would be even worse. I know that he is officially called the New Goblin in the movie, but Wikipedia does not prove a point.

Well you know theres a very slight chance Venom lived. If you remember, Harry took a pumpkin bomb to the face and lived, so maybe Eddie and/or the symbiote lived somehow and we didn't see it, just like we saw Boba fall into the sarlacc, but we didn't see him digested. Do you see what I'm trying to say? Also, we just need Eddied Brock to have survived it; Dr.Connors still has the symbiote.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Here's what I think should have happened.  Sidey should have stopped Brock from jumping after the pumpkin bomb, (how hard could it have been?  He's freakin Spider-man!) and Eddie would have been put in the super-villian prison (I think it's called the Vault) because that's what happened in the comics.  That's also where he met Cletus Cassidy. (aka Carnage)  He could have been re-united with the symbiote piece that Dr. Conners had, (Which is just what happened in the comics) and gotten free.  If they wanted Carnage at any point, Voila.  Perfect synchronization with the comics.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

I'm pretty sure that Eddie Brock died, due to the fact that you could see his skeletal remains desintigrating along with the symbiot...

Right?

well along with the fact that a bomb blew up and totally destroyed everything its safe to say he is dead. Besides the symbiots dead so his character role is no longer needed so im sure he got fried.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

As pointed out, the symbiot is not dead. Connors still has some.

draco fett wrote:

As pointed out, the symbiot is not dead. Connors still has some.

unless the symbiot is able to devide its cells at a rapid rate, its not enough. Tho i dont know if it can devide its cells, see I have a life to tend to so i dont got time to look.

No need to try and burn people, Jesse.

it does have the ability to divide cells as seenw hen he attaches himself to spidey i mean it as like there wasnt anything left at the site so maybe connor will be the new venom but that would just make the next movie awful

―Peter Griffin

They could have made the entire Harry thing 1 movie.  I think the movie was too short to fully develop the plot of three villians.  Honestly, Topher Grace is a good actor, but I was excpecting someone a bit bulkier.  It was Stan Lee's first talking cameo.  And I believe the correct spelling of 'symbiot' is symbiote.  There actually aren't many A-list villians left.  Kingpin was already done in DD.  Can any of you guys think of any (besides Carnage)?
All I got is Lizard but he isn't exactly your criminal mastermind.  More like a semi-mindless monster.
  As a sidenot it would also be cool to see a Toxin symbiote incorporated somewhere into the 4th movie, if done.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Scorpion? Kraven? Electro? Chameleon? Although the only villian who could sustain a movie plot would be Chameleon, all the others are jsut petty thugs.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

What  about Mysterio? But I can't possibly believe that Eddie dies. I just can't. What moron would do such a thing? The script writers need to be slapped up side the head (Several times, and very, very hard) I mean C'mon, He has got to be in the top 3 favorite villains of Spidey's comics. You can't senselessly just kill him off.

"This IS my signature."

Harry was not the hobgoblin or the second green goblin, the hobgoblin was Roderick Kingsley, trying to live up to Norman Osborn's legacy. Then later it was Jason Macendale. Also, there were many stand-ins, so others might get caught while the real Hobgoblin was around. Also, Harry was known as the new Green Goblin, so technically the movie is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgoblin_%28comics%29

Fett_II wrote:

Harry was not the hobgoblin or the second green goblin, the hobgoblin was Roderick Kingsley, trying to live up to Norman Osborn's legacy. Then later it was Jason Macendale. Also, there were many stand-ins, so others might get caught while the real Hobgoblin was around. Also, Harry was known as the new Green Goblin, so technically the movie is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgoblin_%28comics%29

We already have a whole topic devoted to this post, so I won't say anything more than go find it because all of this info has been divulged.

As for the movie. AN ATROCITY. Pure and simple. the 3 villains...

Goblin / Harry: Goblin was good, but Harry was such a cheesy bad guy.

Venom / Brock: Venom looked awesome and had cool scenes, but Brock was more annoying than I would have liked, even as Venom. (why did he have so many lines as venom...?)

Sandman: I loved the character and the way he was portrayed, but the situations they put him in were terrible. And why did he have the ability to fly?

As for the simbiote suit Spidey... I almost walked out. Instead of making him more agressive (which they did slightly) they made him emo... He combed his hair in front of him, wore black (not just the suit) and... strutted down the street like an imbicile. That was funny for the first... 3 seconds.

And am I the only one that felt that the movie should be re-titled = "The adventures of Peter Parker (with some spidey)"

All in all, too much stupid soap opera crap and not enough Spidey 1 liners and superhero struggles. I don't go to Spiderman 3 to see how MJ does in her acting career, or how close Peter Parker can get to becoming a slit-your-wrists wife beater. I go to see Super powered battles (which surprisingly weren't too bad when they stuck to fighting not talking) and maybe a little about how Peter can deal with an alter-ego.

So that's how I felt about the movie. 125 minutes of my life wasted. 15 minutes of marvel goodness.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!