Re: Boba Fett costume parts

yah i thought of carving it out of wood at first but then i thought of the weight!!

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

ill post pics when its finished so u guys can see it in its real glory!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

cool, it'll be sweet when its finished......:D

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

how do u get the armor to atach to the vest??? Please hurry on the reply because my costumes being entered in a contest in a week!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HURRY!!!!!!!!!!

55 (edited by Ninjax008 Tuesday, September 4, 2007 1:20 pm)

Devin have you thought of trying velcro? thats an easy way of doing it or so i heard( can't vouch for it cause i haven't tryed making a costume yet.....)

"i know all about the art of the hunt"

Velco would be good, but if you want more permanat id use hot glue (carefll tough if you chose hot glue, it can be messy and might not be as good as velcro)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Hot glue comes off, especially if you sweat in costume (and trust me...you will sweat).  The easiest way to attach your armor is by using sticky back industrial velcro and epoxying one side to your armor and sewing the other side to your vest/clothes.

The best way however is using heavy duty snaps.  Thats what I use and have yet to have my armor pop off.  Even while running or 8 hours of continual wear.

Mandálii kote. Eran, vode, c'rtä! - Mandalorian Glory.  We, brothers, stand as one!
[url=http://mercs.firespray.net]Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club[/url]

Ninjax008 wrote:

Devin have you thought of trying velcro? thats an easy way of doing it or so i heard( can't vouch for it cause i haven't tryed making a costume yet.....)

ya ive got velcro but it always falls off

ive got an idea would buttons work???

Devin, you can use the edit butto to modify previous posts, so you don't have to post twice in a row. smile

I personally think velcro would look niftier.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

but it will come easily

Or the snaps, if their heavy duty like Novall Talon said

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

you could glue a piece of material on the back of the armor and the sow it to the vest

thanx ill do those on my costume and ill post pics of my costume very soon...

How soon?

maybe a week before halloween thats not too far away is it