Topic: Boba Fett costume parts

All I need to finish my costume are the boots and the jetpack, does anyone know where to get them?

"This IS my signature."

Re: Boba Fett costume parts

boots are easy, jet packs not so much. well for the boots i've noticed at the bowling their shoes look really similar to fetts boots, you could get a pair change the color to match fett, and replace the sole with a maybe a boot sole or, well just a bigger sole thats flat, as for spikes... I dont know, with my boots all i've managed to do is get little saw blades in them. if you know how to weld and u got a welding gun that might be easyier.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Revan, you should refer to TK409.com. There, Chris has a lot of links to vendors and artisans who make "Boba Fett boots" (see CABoots), along with some guidance for the exact molds and paints to get your costume up to par.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

About the jetpack, I'm making my own. It's coming out pretty good actually.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

The CABoots link wasn't working so here's another also try starfortressproductions.com and ebay.com.

Hey, Gustavo, got any pics of that jetpack?

"This IS my signature."

7 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:39 pm)

Unfortunately not yet remind me to make a photobucket account k?

And I havent worked on it much in a while....lol it isnt very complete it's only like 5 percent done but so far it looksm good I can even wear it and stuff.

Last night I got a pair of boots to be converted into Boba boots. They are nearly perfect for it, and they were only $8.74. So, if you want to convert a pair, I reccomend these. You can get them at Target. But they are signifigantly more if you get them online.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr … B000FA7R38

"This IS my signature."

9 (edited by FettFan79 Friday, February 9, 2007 8:43 am)

WOW--those are great.  I about picked up a pair very similar to those on clearance at Wal-Mart last week for $9.  Hope they still have them (Targets are much farther away for me).  Good find, Revan wink

Gustavo--I'd like to see those pics too smile

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

Ok cool I just made my photobucket account. I will post my pics on it and provide a link in the near future.

11 (edited by Lord Revan Friday, February 9, 2007 7:25 pm)

I hope that tutorial helped. big_smile

"This IS my signature."

i made my jetpack by just building a wooden frame to roughly the right size and shape, then i stretched some sheet alluminum around the outside for a smoother metal look. The nozzles i used some pvc plumbing fixtures, lol and as for the missile i couldnt find any thing lying around that resembled its shape, so do you remember those dorritos 3d's? and how they came in those little black plastic tubes? well thats where i got the missile part. all in all the jetpack is pretty unique in its overall design, its not an exact copy of a fett pack but for just a mando it works nicely.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

That sounds like a very creative and inventive way to make a jetpack, Vassili!  Sheet aluminum--how expensive was that?  I know the price of aluminum has been going up lately.  I have possible access to sheet metal, but aluminum would be much lighter, if I try something like that.  Yeah!  I remember those Dortios tubes (I work in a grocery store lol) very good choice there.  What kind of wood did you use? 

I'd like to see pics once you get your jetpack completed, even pics of it now smile

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

I'll take some pics tonight. Yeah the alluminum is very nice because it saved alot of weight. I'm not too sure what kind of wood it was but it was almost like panneling, like fiber board or something. I stenciled the shapes i needed onto cardboard templates then transferred them to the wood to make like a skeleton. I found the alluminum lying around in my garage but its almost the same rigidness of like alluminum gutters, so it was easy to put on the frame. then i just spray painted it.

Did you just use a picture of Boba's jetpack to go by or did you find a diagram somewhere online?  It takes lots of talent to just look at a pic of something and build it smile

I actually did it all from my head suprising enough. I had a little boba fett action figure with a tiny jetpack that i glanced at for the overall shape, but other then that it was just by memory. I mean i've seen Return of the Jedi and Attack of the clones countless times just to watch Boba and Jango lol

Vassili Fett wrote:

I mean i've seen Return of the Jedi and Attack of the clones countless times just to watch Boba and Jango lol

big_smile  so do I, but add ESB to that too.

That's great that you can do that from memory

does any one know how to make fetts gauntlets please I really need help on this smile

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

that's so cool that you guys make your own Fett armor!

Star Wars Episode VII: Boba Fett's Revenge
Coming to theaters whenever George Lucas dies.

20 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:08 am)

Best thing I can do is give you the actual gauntlet templates.  You can use Sintra (PVC foamboard) and cut the gaunt pieces out of that, then glue them together using PVC epoxy.  Cover with Bondo, let dry, sand them smooth then paint and your good to go.

Mandalorian Mercs Tutorial/Template Library

[ADMIN: Link to mercs.firespray dot net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=50 no longer active.]

We've got quite a few members who have dome scratch built armor pieces, so hopefully that can help you guys out.

Mandálii kote. Eran, vode, c'rtä! - Mandalorian Glory.  We, brothers, stand as one!
[url=http://mercs.firespray.net]Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club[/url]

21 (edited by Devin Jax Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:46 pm)

Do u think the Rubies Boba Fet helmet will work for my costume...http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc109/DevinJax/3599.jpg

Ryan vanvulkangoedwell miss you bud your gone to heavan and you will be missed...Jared and Jacob your brothers...think of this not a good bye but a see you later.....and ill bring the beers! :?

Yes, it will.  However, you need to put a different T-Visor in it as well as install a craft ring around the inside bottom to make it flare out like a normal Mandalorian helmet.  It's common for our costuming members who are starting out to use a Rubies helmet.  It's a great starter helmet big_smile

Mandálii kote. Eran, vode, c'rtä! - Mandalorian Glory.  We, brothers, stand as one!

wow the novall talon.... (faints on floor) its really cool that you guys make the costumes and acssesories. want want to my mine but i have to be older when i stop growing

24 (edited by BFFC Admin Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:08 am)

Actually, there is a new tutorial on our site for making armor out of poster board using newspaper and modge podge.  It's perfect for kids who are still growing because it's a fairly cheap way to go.

Poster Board Armor Tutorial

[ADMIN: Link to mercs.firespray dot net/forum/index.php?topic=725.msg8821 no longer active.]

Novall Talon wrote:

Yes, it will.  However, you need to put a different T-Visor in it as well as install a craft ring around the inside bottom to make it flare out like a normal Mandalorian helmet.  It's common for our costuming members who are starting out to use a Rubies helmet.  It's a great starter helmet big_smile

Thanx im gonna buy it off my freind