My Bounty for BFFC MembersLogin to add to list, rate, and review
Review ThisLogin and add a rating before writing a review.
Written by J. W. Rinzler.
This book notes that the approximate price to build Slave I in 1979 was $15,000. Adjusted for inflation, that would be over $50,000 in 2021 dollars.
This book outlines the shooting schedule for "Empire."
* March 22-25, 1979: Jeremy Bulloch's fitting
* April 5-12, 1979: Scene 380 (Luke Skywalker sees Boba Fett on Cloud City) plus Scene 381 (Princess Leia tries to warn Luke Skywalker, with Jeremy Bulloch's cameo) on Stage 2
* April 17-30: Scene 316 (Imperial Star Destroyer with Bounty Hunter Line-up) on Stage 5
* May 9-14, 1979: Scene 363 (Cloud City Corridor and Dining Room) and Scene 364 (Vader Trapping Luke's Friends) on Stage 2
* May 21, 1979: Scene 371 (John Morton's "Bespin Boba" role) on Stage 2 (note: the book says mid-May but a camera slate not in the book shows May 21)
* June 12-15, 1979: Scene 379 (Carbon Freezing Chamber) on Stage 4
* August 23, 1979: 2nd Unit for Slave I interior (Jeremy Bulloch's last day of filming - 19 days total)
The enhanced version of this book includes audio and video. One of the videos is silent film footage of Boba Fett's first public appearance in 1978, where he wears an early pre-production version of the costume at the San Anselmo Community Fair and Parade.
Review on io9.com:
"In addition to the concept art, there are also a ton of set photos, including things like a cast being made of Harrison Ford for the "frozen in carbonite" Han Solo, and Darth Vader and Boba Fett out for a stroll. And there are tons and tons of pieces of script pages and scribbled notes. You get a real sense of what it would have been like to be inside this madhouse of creativity and seat-of-the-pants improvisation."
Important Dates in History
- No reviews yet.
- 4,848 views
- Ranked #9 out of 188 in this category