Sarlacc BBS Down Temporarily

Updated December 13, 2014 11:39 am • Published
Written by • Filed under Community

The message board server at is going through some general maintenance through the weekend.

But, when it returns, is it still worth visiting? Some regulars want a more subjects, others want graphical avatars as personality accents, and yet nothing is heard by the staff as enough to upgrade the system.

More than 18,000 posts from over 1,300 members, often building community amongst fans from around the world and bringing up hot topics of discussion, The Boba Fett Fan Club hopes to see the boards bloom. Ideas welcome, so comment below.

6 thoughts on “Sarlacc BBS Down Temporarily

1. Gwen says:

I'd post on the board, but I've tried registering from three different computers and 3 diff operating/browsing systems and none of them worked. I ran out of emails to use to register with. Something easier, like a phpbb system would be good. Or, if you don't want any upkeep at all, get one of those ezboard forums and pay for it or do it free and deal with the popups.

2. Miss Chrys says:

You probably already tried this, but just in case you haven't, I couldn't get the bulletin boards to work until I switched to Windows XP (and Internet Explorer 6).

Good luck

3. Gwen says:

Windows XP and IE 6.0.28 right now. Not a thing. Seems to me that if it's that hard to get on the boards, then this quote from above:

"and yet nothing is heard by the staff as enough to upgrade the system."

is a good enough reason to upgrade. Perhaps not a lot of people are talking because most people can't.

4. danny says:

The problem is stemming from an already known registration problem, where the email to activate account isnt actually being sent.

5. Miss Chrys says:

Are you sure, Danny? Because I think in my case that the email was sent. I signed up for three different usernames with three different addresses, and I know that the usernames were actually registered because I couldn't use them or the address over again. When I switched to XP, all I did was request that my password be sent to me again--and I immediately received 2 out of the 3. Doesn't that mean that the problem lies with a person's password actually being sent out?

And is Aaron fixing this problem while he's got the boards down?

Gwen, I agree; I think there aren't many people posting because they can't; and I know some old posters have been locked off due to these same problems.

6. mandy lore says:

yeah, its real hard to get on to post things and there are so many things to post. They sould have a person on the staff scan through everything on the site once a week or at most once a month. i'd be better then nothing.

Total Votes: 53 Started: October 11, 2015 Back to Vote Screen