Re: RPG: Age of Skywalker

The arrival of the others is well timed. My destruction of the E-Web reduces what little orderly discipline exists among the security forces. I make quick work of a few of them, and the hired guns do the rest. Scratch leaps at the midsection of a security force person, knocking him down as the blaster flies from his hand. I grip the blaster in the force and launch it towards the doorway, applying pressure to my grip until the pressurized gasses explode. The improvised grenade goes off in the faces of several personnel running in from another doorway. They get cut down like all the others. I make my way towards one of the turbolifts. Powers out.

<Smart,> I think <Keep us from getting down to you... very well...>

With my lightsaber, I cut through the sealed turbolift doors and use the force to pry them open. I look into the turbolift shaft. None of the lifts are anywhere near this level...sigh...oh, well...

I leap into the open shaft head first, and position myself for a long freefall...

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Ralin's night-vision allowed him to see Starjammer disappear down the inconspicious looking shaft.  As the others held off the Kuat reinforcements, Ralin ran to the edge.  Starjammer’s silver blade was all he could see, sill decending the seemingly bottomless pit.

Ralin moved behind Ma’ryk and slapped his shoulder to get his attention over the sounds of battle. 

“I’m going after Starjammer.  Hold the Line HERE!

Turning without waiting for the response Ma’ryk was too busy to give, Ralin leapt down the shaft...............

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

378 (edited by virulent_messiah Monday, February 11, 2008 10:06 pm)

I allow myself a moment of exhilaration as I speed down the shaft, shooting past each lower level. I pull up the spaceport's floor plan in my helmet's HUD on the way down. I search for the best possible location for a secret office in the lower levels that would accomodate access to a private hangar bay. Sub-level 31 looks like the best place to stop. Time seems to stretch as I mentally count to about thirty, then adjust my angle of descent. Falling upright now, I detatch my hilts again, and use the force to shift my fall closer to the wall in front of me. I plunge both my silvery blades, hilt deep, into the wall.They hum angrily as they encounter the reinforced durasteel alloy material. I brace my feet against the walls, using the force to cushion the soles of my armored boots. My plummet continues at the same breakneck speed at first, blades burning deep furrows into the shaft's wall. I apply more of the force to my grip on both my feet and my lightsabers, and eventually begin to slow down. Then I see the rooftop of a turbolift down at about sublevel 33.

<Looks like company...> I think.

I land hard on the turbolift's roof, using the force to absorb the shock. I reach out in the force, feeling four figures in the lift, just now alerted to my presence. A couple of blaster shots lance out through the alloy.

<Obviously firing blind,> I smile.

I wait, and in the force I sense another attempt. Four more shots fire through, and with great concentration, I deflect those shots back down below me. I am rewarded with grunts and the sounds of two bodies dropping, as the other two back out of the lift. I carve a circle in the metal right under me, dropping down into the turbolift car, facing two very surprised guards...

Ma'ryk nodded, and thought better of it.  What would happen if his Vod got injured while going off on his own.  He couldn't have that now.  Besides.  Drakus couldn't have all the fun.  Drakus sent off another burst of blasterfire and mowed down another line of troops, chucking a couple of thermal detonators into the mix.  As the soldiers dove for cover, Ma'ryk ducked into the cover of the turbolift's alcove, and got ready to jump.  It was only then that he noticed how high it was.  Ah well.  He clamped a magnetic clip onto the wall, and attached a rappel line, and began to rappel down.

Please, oh, please, let there be some left for me...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

380 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:53 pm)

A red light flashed and buzzed in the cockpit as the Allegiance pulled out of hyperspace over Kuat. "Ah what now?" Solus climbed out of the small bunk and sat in the pilot's seat. "Heh, interdiction field. I don't remember Kuat having such tight security...Kuat dosen't use the 418's...Skywalker. It has to be...This will be interesting."

"This IS my signature."

Ralin controlled his fall using slight movements of his hands and feet.  As the turbolift roof came within range of his zoomed in night-vision setting, Ralin’s jetpack ignited, the straps to it cutting into his shoulders as it slowed his fall. 

Killing the thrusters, Ralin dropped onto the roof of the lift.  Thought his sensors didn’t pick up any life-signs, he pulled his right blaster out and dropped through the jagged hole in the roof ready for action.  Moving into the room, two bodies lay in front of him; one was cut nearly in half, and the other was missing his head.

Hearing blaster shots ahead, Ralin rushed passed and followed the trail of bodies..........

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

382 (edited by virulent_messiah Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:32 pm)

I regret having to kill. This mission is growing more difficult by the moment. Kuat of Kuat is vital to this mission. I must have him.

Security forces seem to get tighter, and as I continue to disable them, I'm losing my patience. Then as I turn a corner, a barrage of blasterfire lances out at me. The force directs my hands as I deflect a few bolts, then step back around the corner for cover.
<Droids...> I smile bitterly. <Echuta!>

B2 super battle droid's are supposed to be ancient tech, but someone must've forgotten to tell these three units. I take a deep breath and allow the force to guide my hand in combat.

"It's a Jedi!" I hear the lead droid exclaim as I step out again.

"I'm no Jedi, tin man!" I say as I toss my lightsaber at it, silver blades locked into the on position. I guide my throw with the force. The blade spins down the hallway, plunging through the machine's heavily armored torso, burning through the delicate processing unit and signal receptor within. I call my lightsaber back to me as the other two open fire. The force guides my hand up, and as before, I feel the sharp sting of a blaster bolt and the blazing heat of the energy shoot up my arm. I choose to save the energy for my next attack, so the pain remains intense. As the heat spreads up my arm and accross my chest, I grip both the droids in the force and batter them against each other. I'm greeted by the satisfyingly screeching crunch of metal on metal, as both B2's are destroyed...

383 (edited by Ralin Drakus Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:16 pm)

Ralin raced down the hallways, the sounds of blaster fire having faded again.

”STOP” The voice filled his earpieces at a splitting high level, stopping Drakus in his tracks. ”This is Starjammer; look to your right.  There should be an open doorway.  Enter it.”

Ralin recognized Starjammer’s voice, which kept him from assuming that it was a Kuat security trick and just killing his comm.

”Send the turbolift to your team above; we’ll need them.  Then join me as quickly as you can”

Looking around the control room, Ralin recognized it as a forward security station.  It wouldn’t help him get deeper into the complex, but he could control everything in the areas he’d just passed.  Finding the proper control, he sent the lift back top-side.

As he ran back out into the passageway, he thought, I hope Ma’ryk is holding the line as I told him to and didn’t try to come down here..........................

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

As his rappel line wizzed through his belt, Ma’ryk felt a strange vibration in his feet when they touched the turbo-lift wall.  Looking down, he couldn’t see anything..................until the image of the speeding turbo lift came into view. 

Damn........................

My victory was short lived as I finished my run down a length of unguarded corridor. Around the only corner at the end of the hall, I heard an odd metallic clanking of metal on metal, as if  something large were...rolling?

<What the...?>

I saw two wheel-shaped droids unfold themselves in front of a quickly sealing blast door. They had large blasters for arms, and the moment they were in full combat position, each of them was encased in a shimmering blue energy field.

<Awww...Echuta...>

ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap...

Ma'ryk retracted the rappel line, and tried to get topside fast.  He made it, but the turbolift smashed his heels, forcing him to sprawl facefirst into the ground.  That was definitely not something that he wanted to ever do again.  And now that the turbolift was here, he could probably use it to get down there in a safer manner.  He called out to the other Mando girl, and the Trandoshan.

"Our ride's here, fellas.  Let's get moving."  He emphasized his statement with a spray of blasterfire that tore down a couple Kuat personnell, as the others sprinted over to his position.  When they were all inside the 'lift, Ma'ryk hit the controls, and sent them down to the depths of the complex....and to more fun battling...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Dussk looked at the hall way, and was surprised by how many bodies littered the floor. The other mandos stepped out guns up. Dussk forgot his situation momentarily "Put your guns down. Their all dead." The others apparently believed him, as they lowered their guns. The 'dog' thing next to him seemed to hate lizards as it was growling at him continually.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

387 (edited by cloneapart Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:16 pm)

Cabur lowered her gun slightly, aware of the low growl of Scratch, who was staring straight at Dussk.  She realised that Dussk was probably right in his assumption that all was clear, but just as she was getting comfortable, more security gaurds mixed with a few older droids came out of a side passage.  She raised up her blasters along with the others, shooting down some of the gaurds and droids...

(need me to edit?)

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

I don't even have time to think before confronted by the merciless torrent of blasterfire. My lightsabers flash wildly as I deflect the attacks. The force is strong with me, but I can only withstand so much, before stepping back around the corner.

"I think now would be a good time for assistance..." I say over my comm.

389 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:33 am)

"Heheh, like I was never even here." Solus couldn't help but to chuckle as he switched on the cloaking device. All the instuments went dead as the ship melted into the black void of space, he would have to go in manually for this one. After a few minutes of precision flying around the interdictors, he was through the blockade, entering Kuat's atmosphere. Even being halfway across the planet, the Allegiance made good time to Kuat City. Solus flew low and fast, his arrival was crucial to get Kuat before Skywalker did. He flew to the lower city, the bowels of Kuat's precious industry, cutting through a few places he should not be fitting. This is where things would get tricky...supposed to have been tricky. Unknownst to him, the cloaking field disrupted the automated defense system, causing it to go haywire and target other gun emplacements, workers, and friendly ships, forcing security to put the whole defense net in lockdown. Solus was close, very close...

"There it is...Aww, how cute. Say goodbye to your precious life boat, Kuat of Kuat." He muttered as the landing pad came in view. *clink* SSSHHHHHFOOM!!! In a brilliant display of superior firepower, the emergency escape craft was incinerated, causing a nice big fat poofy mushroom cloud. "Tracyn'la! Yeah!" Solus shouted as he landed next to the burning ship.

"This IS my signature."

390 (edited by virulent_messiah Friday, February 15, 2008 9:59 am)

The building structure shakes violently at some unknown location high above ground level. I have Glitch monitor the situation. He responds rapidly, informing me that apparently there was some kind of explosion at a nearby landing pad. I have the coordinates transmitted to my HUD.

<What the frell?...>

According to my specs, there was never a landing platform there. I would've remember having seen one...unless...

"When did you first notice the platform, Glitch?"

"Approximately eight point seven minutes prior to the offending explosion, Master! It must have risen up from the lower levels. Apologies for not informing you earlier, but I was fending off a shipjacking attempt. Not to worry, the threat has been neutralized!"

"I see...well done, then..."

"THANK YOU MASTER! YOU COMMAND, I OBEY!"

I consider my current predicament, when help finally arrives...

I think now would be a good time for assistance... rang in Ralin’s earphones just before an explosion rocked him against a wall.  Picking up the pace again, he turned one last corner and saw Starjammer taking cover from a hail of fire.  Sweating from the long run with all the heavy gear and armor, he continued to jog up to the Inquisitor. 

“Situation?” Ralin asked as he moved his back against the wall next to Starjammer.

“A pair of destroyer driods.”

The incoming fire hadn’t slowed much.  Bolt after bolt was getting pumped into the corner they were taking cover behind, with a few bolts streaking past just in case any of them decided to stick their head around the corner.  The sound of the droid's pointed legs could be heard as they moved toward them.

Drakus reached into one of his belt pouches and pulled out a grenade.

“I don’t know how strong in the Forceyou are, Jetii; but you might want to step back” said Ralin as he slid the safety trigger on the thermal detonator to ‘Live’..............

Starjammer took a few steps back as Ralin moved closer to the corner; the durasteel melting from the barrage of fire.  Taking aim with his left wrist gauntlet, Drakus fired a stun dart into the wall opposite the hall the Destroyers were in.  The dart ricocheted harmlesly against the floor and into the far wall of the hallway.  The movement caught the attention of the driod’s motion sensors, diverting their fire away from the corner for just a second.

Taking the moment of opportunity, Ralin stepped so only a sliver of his body and right arm were exposed, and tossed the thermal detonator.  It was a light throw.........needed time to run his life. 

Racing back toward Starjammer at full speed when the grenade detonated, the intense shockwave knocked him off his feet.  Anticipating the blow, Ralin rolled with the blast and came up in a crouched position, his left hand down on the floor for support.

As his head came back up and he could see toward the hallway, he saw a chunk of one of the destroyer droids slide by.

Standing back up and pulling out his right side blaster, he looked over at Starjammer.  “I think the way is clear for you now, my Lord.”

392 (edited by virulent_messiah Friday, February 15, 2008 6:19 pm)

I brace myself for the impact of the detonator's explosion, as the Mandalorian rolls in front of me to absorb the blasts impact. He gets up, brushing himself off.

"Did you guys just take out that platform?" I ask.

The mandalorian is silent for a moment, obviously contacting his cohorts for information on the explosion.

"Wasn't us, Sir. Maybe KDF's getting desperate."

"...or maybe someone just tried to prepare their getaway vehicle, and got themselves vaped for it," I say as we pass the smoldering wreckage of the two droideka.

We walk up to the sealed blast door. I activate my lightsaber, carving a large hole. The material is heavily reinforced and provides a good amount of resistance against my blade. I continue, nonetheless, and am rewarded by a good humanoid-sized hole. My lekku twitch with restless anticipation. At the end of this hall, are a large set of unguarded doors. I reach out in the force towards those behind those doors, and find several individuals in a good sized group. I feel a mix of anger, determination, steel hard resolve, and a little fear. At the center of it I get the impression of what I assume can only be Kuat of Kuat: fierce, proud, angry, tinged with only a slight amount of repressed fear. Something is odd though, his mind seems...young...

Ma'ryk raced through the tunnels, blasting any unfriendly unit, until he met up with Starjammer and Drakus who were busy melting their way through blast doors.  His sensors showed that there was a good sized group behind the metal.  He moved up to stand alongside Drakus, and leveled his blaster at the door, nodding at his vod.

"Sorry.  Took me longer than I expected..."

"Sorry.  Took me longer than I expected..."

"Not an issue," I say as the Mandalorian's partner  joins us. "The welcoming party at the end of the hall, however, is another matter entirely."

I feel for the presence of Kuat of Kuat and am troubled by the mind I have found. I've never felt anything so odd. It's as if I were sensing the mind of a child, yet one with plenty of worldly experience. I'm confused, but I carry on.

I point at the door as the one who'd just arrived levels his weapon.

"Target's in there. I want Kuat of Kuat alive."

Dussk stepped around the corner the dog-thing still growling at him.

"I want Kuat of Kuat alive." The 'jedi' said. Dussk made a huffing sound "Doesn't sound to fun...." He muttered, Ralin shot him a look, dispite his face being hidden, that clearly said shut up.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Cabur had to stop herself from chuckling slightly as Dussk made the point at how fun this was going to be.  Ralin didn't take to well to the response, shooting Dussk a look.  Cabur had to wonder why the 'jedi' had made such a point about keeping Kuat alive, personally, it would have been easier to just vaporize him now.  She let the thought pass, as long as the job was worth their while...

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

397 (edited by Ralin Drakus Friday, April 11, 2008 4:20 pm)

"Doesn't sound to fun...."

Ralin jerked his head toward his new partner, cutting off anything else he was going to add.  Though he had to agree, capture missions of unwilling targets could be no fun at all, it wasn’t their place to say so.  They had been paid well........... it was time to earn it. 

Walking down the short hall, Ralin pulled a breaching charge from his pack, while Ma’ryk did the same and wired the other side of the armored passageway.  His life-form sensors picked up as least a dozen creatures in there; with plenty of weapons........

Ralin looked around at the gathered team.  “Are you all ready?”

"Yes" answered Starjammer.  "Kuat of Kuat is mine" he added.  "You are to disreguard him totally.  The guards are your mission."

"It will be done," said Ralin with a nod.  Stepping back, he pulled out his heavy blasters.

It only took a slight whisper into his helmet comm to send the door surging into the other room, taking about a couple guards as it flew by.  Four stun grenades followed as Ma’ryk and Cabur each tossed a pair.

A second after the last detonation, the team followed Starjammer in, ready for anything..............

398 (edited by virulent_messiah Monday, February 18, 2008 8:37 pm)

I'm getting tired of being shot at... I think.

I enter the room, encountering all variations of blasterfire. The stun grenades have slowed down most of the guards in the room. A couple of guards decide to be stupid and fire blindly from behind a makeshift barricade. Both bolts glance off of my silvery blade. I deflect them into the gunarm of one and the left shoulder of another, as I run straight through the guards, the Mandalorians and the trandoshan firing behind me. I make my way towards a knot of guards obviously protecting Kuat. The group parts and I am stopped short by a barrage from a heavy blaster cannon they had concealed amongst them. Scratch knocks me flat to the ground just in time. I take a shot in the left side of my torso as I hit the ground. As I reach out in the force to grab the weapon, Drakus moves into position to cover me. I grab the cannon and smash it hard into the wall in my invisible grip. The group protecting Kuat scatters as they dive for cover behind a section of the barricade.

399 (edited by Lord Revan Monday, February 18, 2008 10:40 pm)

"Oh Kuat...You shouldn't have, a durasteel blast door? Psh. I'll take my way." Solus chuckled as he placed the 4th and final permacrete detonator on the wall by the massive door. "I hate to spoil your party Kuat, but..." He took cover behind the coridor and pushed the detonator. KAFOOM! Solus checked his ammo then sprinted through the door that he just made in the wall. Dust filled the air, blaster fire was whizzing every which way, but not all directed at him. This could only mean one thing...

"This IS my signature."

The ensuing explosion is deafeningly surprising. I hit the ground hard from the blast as the explosion rolls over me. I notice in my helmet's HUD that a few of the guards had taken cover. Some weren't so lucky. The blasterfire is still raging, but lessened now with the destruction of their repeater cannon. I know Kuat's still in there somewhere. My imaging systems are going haywire trying to keep a lock on him through all of the settling dust. Then I see something unexpected climb through the hole torn through the door to  Kuat's only escape route.

"I don't think this Mandalorian's one of yours, Drakus," I say.