Re: RPG: Age of Skywalker

"I don't think this Mandalorian's one of yours, Drakus,"

Before Starjammer could even finish, Ralin was pumping blaster bolts at the intruder.  The dust and smoke from the explosion clouded his view, however, and the first shots just missed.  Seeing he was under fire, the other Mandalorian dove for cover.

“I’ll keep his head down; the rest of you cover Starjammer!” Ralin yelled to his team over his comm.  Holstering his left blaster, Ralin preped his left gauntlet’s rocket launcher.......

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Cabur looked over, a bit shaken from the blast as she looked over to where Drakus was now shooting the new commer.  The figure who had come through the wall and was wearing Mandolorian armor, odd, she thought.  She continued shooting down gaurds, although she kept some attention on the newcommer, who Drakus was now getting ready to launch a rocket at...

(need me to edit?)

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

403 (edited by virulent_messiah Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:41 pm)

CORUSCANT

Having last seen the two Jedi escape into the sewer system beneath the Jedi Temple, the woman was annoyed. She had attempted to hide her presence in the Force with much success, despite the amount of stress it took on her body. She was skilled at what she did, but it was taxing to remain hidden, especially from two obviously accomplished Jedi such as these. When they encountered the Mustafarian Inquisitor, she knew at least one of them was quite formidable. The Wookie, obviously an apprentice, had ruined their chances of success. The Mustafarian vanished. Then the Jedi fled the temple, just as the Peacekeeper's elite 501st arrived, looking for the missing Mustafarian. The woman knew it was time to flee. She remained long enough to gather that the Jedi knew where their compatriate had been taken. The same person she had been tracking since Endor.

She knew they'd be looking to find a transport aboard the Overlord's Shadow.

She'd have to be the one to provide it for them...

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

As the targeting cross-hairs came up in his HUD, Ralin launched the mini-HE rocket. 

Taking cover behind the armored door he’d just blown in, the Mandalorian armored intruder was thrown backward by the blast as the rocket hit the duracrete edge that still surrounded the door.

Rushing forward, Drakus sent several bolts toward the intruder trying to finish him off.  But the other Mando rolled to his back and held a blaster rife up over his chest, firing wildly in Ralin’s general direction.  Drakus saw the hailstorm of bolts coming and dove out of the way.  Looking back, though, he could see Dussk was right in the line of fire........

“Dussk; INCOMING!!!” he yelled into the comm........

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

"ECHUTA!" Dussk yelled. The mando had lifted his weapon over the door, remaining behind cover. As Drakus yelled a warning into the comm, Dussk dropped his weapons. He didn't have time to move, and he would not die trying to keep his secret. He felt his lightsaber jump to his hand, the yellow blade jumping from the hilt. He raised it and blocked the shots.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

406 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:40 pm)

A Jedi Trando?! Now I've seen it all... Solus put a fresh clip in his blaster and continued to fire at the incoming Trandoshan. Gotta think of something fast! He got up and sprinted twords the lightsaber-weilding lizard, hoping to surprise him, but he didn't so much as flinch. Solus just about got his arm lopped off before jumping into the large Selonian Marble fountain in the middle of the room, taking heavy blaster fire. "This is madness!"

"This IS my signature."

Drakus was too shocked to act.  He wasn’t even sure who he should be shooting at. 

Thinking he had been hurt or stunned, one of Kuat’s bodyguards try to rush in from his right, only to be shot down in his tracks as Ralin watched Dussk charge forward, his lightsaber up.

I wonder if Starjammer has seen this..........

Cabur was in complete shock, Dussk, a force user?!  She snapped back to reality as a shot came flying inches from her head.  She shot back at her attacker, and running to take cover as more shots came flying past.  The fountain in the middle of the room looked like a good place to take a quick break and reload.  She ran past shots, crouching down to avoid getting hit, and finally made it to a relativly low fire zone.  She looked over at the Trando, his lightsaber flashing around and causing some serious damage. 

She started reloading, back against the fountain, when she heard something behind her.  She got to her feet and spun around, staring back into the intruding Mandolorian's visor.

"FREEZE!" she yelled at him, pointing her weapons at the other, who had obviously been taking cover inside the fountain.  Something about the man triggered a memory, but it couldn't be, could it?!

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

<-so, I'm thinking that he must be on one of the orbiting ships.> Shiv told Tanis as they closed the grate over the sewer exit they just escaped through.

"You think so? Well then..." Tanis said as they walked out of the alley and into a main street. He looked up into the sky and seemingly into the space beyond where the orbiting ships were.

"It will be difficult to get there. By now, they are most probably scouring the space ports for us, and even if we did manage to get through we definitely could not simply fly into the ships hangar and stride through."

(theres your opening VM)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

410 (edited by virulent_messiah Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:21 pm)

CORUSCANT
The woman couldn't help but smile at her good fortune. Apparently, it was the will of the Force that she should accompany the two Jedi. She had placed herself in a good position, using her influence within the New Imperial Order to contact Commander Jir and have him send a few squads of the 501st to this location. She watched as the two Jedi exited the sewer system, then walked out of an adjoining alley and onto the main street.

Just in time..., she smiled silently as the first squad of the 501st Peacekeeper Legion, heavily armed and armored, turned onto the main street two and a half blocks behind the Jedi. As she expected, another squad turned a nearby corner a couple of blocks away, flanking their left as the human looked up into the sky for a moment. She, in turn hurried towards the two Jedi, her long, platinum blonde hair trailing behind her.

"We don't have much time to talk, but hear me out," she said as she practically ran into the stunned Wookie, a look of shock on her face. "I need help getting to my cargo ship. I can take you anywhere you need to go."

The human looked somewhat doubtful, and the Wookie looked anxious to avoid a fight with the 501st.

"My associate and I have more pressing matters actually," said the human.

The blonde woman, her face made up a bit heavily, raised an eyebrow, "More important than avoiding the 501st?"

"What makes you think they're any of our concern?" asked the human. The Wookie brayed nervously as the Peacekeepers moved in closer.

"Your Wookie friend's looking real uncomfortable," the blonde woman smiled.

Then a blaster bolt flew past them...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

KUAT CITY (KUAT'S SECRET FACILITY)

I deflect a few shots as best I could before Drakus decides to launch a mini-rocket towards the enclosed space providing cover for the newest Mandalorian on the scene.

Echuta! I thought these guys were supposed to be professionals! I think.

The snap-hiss of a yellow blade temporarily distracts me as my HUDs flash supressor kicks back in. I notice the Trandoshan wielding said lightsaber to deflect a few shots.

Hmmm...you and I need to have a talk my friend, I think to myself.

I search the room for Kuat of Kuat. He's found cover twenty or so feet away from the Selonian Marble fountain in the middle of the room. It looks to me as though he's heading in that direction. I wonder to myself whether or not he intends to run past the two Mandalorians using the fountain for cover. The female that Drakus hired had paused at the fountain to reload, and then stopped when she realized the newest threat was right there.

Some kind of standoff? No...her body language suggests...hesitation?

My thoughts are diverted once again, as Scratch growls towards a set of doors to our right. They fly open as twenty or so new Kuat Security Forces enter the fray...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________                   KUAT CITY SPACEPORT (Damn you JD!)

Anor'rkh was extremely annoyed. The rodian smuggler had just been reunited with his beloved YT-2400 The One Sure Shot, and was extremely happy that the Peacekeepers had miraculously neglected to disable any of his highly illegal mods. He'd flown off into space, despite the lack of clearance from Kuat Planetary Control. Not that he hadn't tried, somehow they just weren't answering. The firefight between Kuat Security forces and those psycho Mandalorian thugs had scared him off this planet for good.

He had just made it into the comforting black void of space, when...

Echuta!

He was quick to flip The One Sure Shot, onto its side, as he activated his portside deflector shields, when a barrage of turbolaser fire from a flight of Predators splashed off of them.

His comm crackeled loudly.

"Unidentified vessel, please return to the planet's nearest spaceport for search and seizure. We are in the middle of an engagement. The Kuat System is now under control of the New Imperial Order."

Anor'rkh was confused for a moment until his front viewport gave him the clear view of a massive Peacekeeper fleet engaging Kuat Defense Forces.

"Blast!" Anor'rkh cursed loudly.

The comm crackeled again, "YT-2400, you have been warned. Return to the surface where your ship will be-"

His topside Dymek heavy dual laser cannon turret flashed in response, turning the offending Predator into a bright fireball.

Anor'rkh was really confused. He knew he hadn't touched his weapons systems. According to his weapons board, they were set to manual, which meant there was a gunner in one of his turrets...but...

"No time to thank me, Bug-Eyes! How about we clear away from this battlefield, huh?" a male voice responded from the interior comm system built into both of his turrets.

"Who in the name of The Hunter's Moon are you?!" Anor'rkh responded furiously to the voice.

"Name's Colebin...Colebin Calid. I know...I stowed away on your ship...and you're mad. I would be too. Look at it this way, at least you have yourself a new copilot...and a gunner..."

He almost shot the helmetless Mando in the face before Solus recognized who she was. "...Cabur? Is that my Cabur?"

"Solus?"

"Cabur! It's damn good to see you!"

"This IS my signature."

“FREEZE, Mando!” Drakus ordered from behind the intruder as his personal cloaking devise disengaged.  “I know how strong that armor is, and trust me, it’s not enough at this range.”  With a firm grip, Ralin pointed the heavy Mandalorian blaster in his opponents head, keeping just out of range of any disarming move.  “This thing can knock your helmet clean off...........and you head would go with it.”

“Drakus wait!” said Cabur.  “I know this man..........”

Tanis stood and did not waver as the blaster shot wizzed by his head. His facial expression did not change. He was scrutinizing this woman, and he would not make a move until he decided whether or not to go with her. And he quickly came to the conclusion that anywhere was better than here. Yet still, it just seemed wrong...her timing...it almost as if-

"Well? What say you? Would you prefer to be mowed down right where you are standing now?" The woman said. The trio ducked back into the alley for the moment. Tanis looked at Shiv. The wookie had the same face (if possible on a wookie) of 'I've got a bad feeling about this...'. But there was no other way.

Tanis looked at the stranger and narrowed his eyes.

"Very well." He said as he replaced the hood of the brown Jedi cloak over his head. "Lead on."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

414 (edited by virulent_messiah Friday, February 22, 2008 10:15 am)

CORUSCANT

The woman nodded as she looked at the two Jedi.

"Smart move," she said.

She led them through a maze of alleyways towards a nearby spaceport, avoiding a couple of close calls. They had moved quickly to avoid pursuit. As doubtful as the two Jedi obviously were about the strange woman, they had no trouble keeping pace.

When they arrived at the spaceport, they noticed that the 501st had a couple of squads positioned to cover the doors into the facility. They were obviously on high alert status.

"What now?" The human asked.

The blonde woman looked at the two of them blushing slightly with embarrassment, "I had hoped you two might figure a way out of this, to be honest."

KUAT CITY (KUAT'S SECRET FACILITY)

I'm tired of this, and my impatience irritates me. I face the incoming forces and activate my lightsabers dual-length function. The hilt guards spring out, both of the blades doubling in width and length, now a bright flaming red. I detatch the hilts, as the length of Mandalorian Iron and cortosis ore chain swing, building momentum. I feel the force flow through me, my lust for combat and my impatience fueling the Vapaad fighting style.

I am immersed in combat, the Force guiding my hands. My blades are weaving wide, blood red trails of death. Weapons are severed along with limbs, and heads. The Force guides me towards victory...

PLANET KUAT: ONE SURE SHOT: MODIFIED YT-2400

Anor'rkh had no choice. Another flight had responded to the loss of the first flight's lead Predator, and they were closing in fast.

"Well, Colebin Calid...you got us into this situation. Do you have anymore bright ideas to get us out of this?"

As in response, another shot from his turret blasted off  the starboard wing of a pursuing Predator. It spun wildly in response, clipping its wingmate. Both fighters became a roiling fireball in The One Sure Shot's front viewport, as a panicked Anor'rkh flew right through it. The shield's crackled as they deflected the energy of the explosion.

"WHAT THE-"

"Sorry, Bug-Eyes,,,that's all I had..."

The remaining Predators opened fire in earnest.

"STOP CALLING ME BUG-EYE! MY NAME IS ANOR'RKH! AND STOP SHOOTING! YOU'RE GONNA GET US KILLED!"

Cabur was in total amazement.  Solus, here, now?!  They had barley exchanged a few words when Drakus showed up from out of nowhere, right behind Solus, pointing his heavy blaster at the other Mando's head.  He was just out of range to be disarmed as he threatened Solus, and realizing what was about to happen, Cabur interfered quickly.

"Drakus wait! I know this man" she said, although the words did not seem to comfort the other in any respect.  "Look," she said, "we're getting paid to do a  job, we can make introductions later"  She looked over her shoulder, more guards were entering the battle, and the 'jedi' seemed to be getting irritated.  She looked back at Drakus who lowered his weapon slightly...

(need me to edit?)

*wouldn’t lower my blaster just yet, CA smile *

“That’s right, Cabur, we’re getting paid to do a mission.  And until I know this one isn’t a threat to that mission, I consider him a threat; or judging by your entry, competition,” said Drakus, never taking his eyes or sights off of the intruder.

“So what about it, Mando?  Why are you here??”

"I'm here to ensure the safety and survival of Kuat of Kuat." Solus stood up, Drakus keeping his blaster trained on Solus's T-visor. "And you?"

"This IS my signature."

Tho'un had been brought to the 501st's commander, and had taken command. That also meant he was in control of their assests. That meant the Eviscerator, an Eclipse-Class Star Dreadnought. The Jedi had last been seen near a spaceport, with a new friend.  They would probably attempt to secure a ship and leave the system. He had a direct link to Admiral Pithe, on board the Evisceraotr. "Activate the gravity well generators. They will not escape the system. If they do, you will pay." He had a viewscreen in his helmet, he could see the admiral, but the admiral could not see him. He saw the admiral flinch at this. "Yes milor-" he began, but Tho'un cut the channel. He had Jedi to hunt.

419 (edited by virulent_messiah Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:16 pm)

CORUSCANT

The blonde woman was concerned. It was vital that she lead these Jedi to believe that she was harmless, at least enough to be trusted. She needed to get onboard the Overlord's Shadow quickly, and get to the one called Kharn.

She knew her opposition wasn't far behind. Especially since catching a flicker of his presence in the Force after retreiving the data from the crashed stasis pod on Endor. She waited for the Jedi to come up with a plan and remembered a conversation she'd had with the man she knew was also intent on possessing Kharn's knowledge.

FLASHBACK:

4 A.B.Y. (2 weeks after the Battle of Endor.)

It was she who had found him, exiting the temple at Korriban. She had been there tracking some information she acquired a few months ago. She had hoped to find a holocron left there by the ancient Sith Lord XoXaan, whom this man claimed had spoken to him.

Darth Vader had told her of this secret, unbeknownst to Darth Sidious. She knew now that with both of them gone, she would need to move quickly to assume power. She had no idea who would take control of the fast- crumbling Empire, not until she'd gotten word that Luke Skywalker himself had moved to usurp control. It wasn't official yet, but the move by her former lover had intrigued her.

This man, who kept his face wrapped in the garb of a bounty hunter, claimed that the information was rightfully his. When she revealed that somehow a man named Kharn had acquired the information for himself, then hidden it, the man was furious. She offered to assist in tracking Kharn down and the man had allowed her to do so...

Approximately 6 A.B.Y.

Lumiya, Dark Lady of The Sith, stared into the eyes of the man before her. She felt a small shiver of fear, and pity, and those gave way to feelings of anger at herself. She pushed those feelings away and became calm again. She hadn't seen him in over two years. She knew he was different, changed. The dark side was stronger in him. His anger was suffocating.

"I tracked what information I could of this Kharn man." Lumiya said, "apparently, he was around about 3,000 years ago."

The man, dressed now in some kind of strange, shell armor that seemed...alive, looked at her curiously. "I see...the Order would be most benefited by knowledge of such life lengthening ability."

"It appears as though it was nothing more than fortuitous circumstance within a stasis pod, nothing more."

What little she could see of his eyes appeared intrigued, "of course...and do you think you can find where he hid my holocron?"

"Perhaps, apparently the vessel's records state that the pod was headed towards Endor. I'll be heading there next. Perhaps I can locate the pod and acquire his remains."

"That would be too bad. If he'd somehow survived, we in the Order could benefit from his knowledge."

"As I said before, I have no intention of joining your Sith Order. It goes against the tenets of Darth Bane. Such a thing would do you and your followers more harm than good. It has already cost you at Belderone."

"You heard about that, did you?" The man looked at her questioningly.

Lumiya just smiled, I still have ties among Imperials, despite Skywalker's recent claim that they are now loyal members of his New Imperial Order.

"Very well then, just get me my holocron. Then stay out of our way."

"As you wish...Darth Krayt."

"I'm here to ensure the safety and survival of Kuat of Kuat.  And you?" asked the other Mandalorian as he got to his feet.

“We’re here to take him for Skywalkere……… alive.  Care to try and stop us?”

421 (edited by Lord Revan Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11:35 pm)

"Me? No...well, yes, but not now, not at this moment in time." Solus watched Ralin's finger tighten on the trigger of his blaster. "On the other hand, I-"

"RALIN LOOK OUT!" Cabur opened fire wildly in the general direction behind Drakus, causing him to lose focus for a second.

Now's my chance! Solus jumped for the other Mando, twisting the blaster out of Ralin's deathgrip and whipped out one of the E-11 blaster rifles out from under his arm, leveling the sights at Ralin's T-visor.

"How about now?"

"This IS my signature."

422 (edited by Ralin Drakus Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:45 am)

*I REALLY Hate those scenes in movies where guys get their guns knocked out of their hands, as it’s not something easily done…..especially when the guy is a battle hardened Mando.  And also, didn’t I say before I was too far for a hand-to-hand disarming move??  But I’ll make an exception for you, Rev.  I got the drop on you without consulting, so I guess it’s my turn to have a blaster in my face   tongue *

The other Mando’s disarming move knocked Ralin back a few steps before he looked up into the muzzle of his competition’s blaster.

Damn it Cabur.  Maybe you don’t have 360 vision, but I do.  I was just about to handle him…….

"How about now?" asked the Mado smugly. 

The question set something on fire inside Drakus.  First to have his blaster knocked away like some raw recruit, now to be dishonored like this??  No more…..

“Now,” Ralin said in a voice with a razor edge, “we find out how good our armor really is….” as he lifted his hand just slightly and fired a HE rocket into the floor between them.  Drakus only had time to turn slightly before the explosion sent both Mando’s flailing back.

Crashing down hard on his shoulder a few feet away, he lay still for a momet and took stock of his equiptment......and limbs.  As he started to get up, he could see the blood starting to flow from a 4 inch long gash in his right leg.

As the pain started to set in, Ralin got to his feet and started for the other Mando, who was on his hands and knees trying to get up.  As he limped toward the stunned Mandalorian, Drakus pulled his left blaster out, and the two-prong blades from his right gauntlet sprang to full length.....

*CA, A_A, or V_M; if one of you 2 would like to step in, this would be a good time, as I'm not sure Rev and I can take much more of eachother's attention   tongue *

The guards were dead. Any of the survivors had fell back, running to the safety of their barracks. Dussk stood, his lightsaber still active, when he heard and explosion. He spun around, seeing the two mandos be thrown into the air. Ralin rose, and started for the other mando. This other was apparently someone Cabur knew. Dussk pushed Ralin back with the force, sprinting over and placing his saber above Ralin's head. "You will not kill him." He hissed.

424 (edited by Nigzy Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:22 am)

is it ok if i join in?

if so here's my character

Name: Ben Griffin

Species: Minor genetically modified Human

Occupation: Peacekeeper Storm Commando in the 501st Legion. Corporal.

Loyalties: To his leaders

Weapons: A  modified A280 with a 4X magnification and extended power cell, a customised DL-44 blaster pistol and a sith sword also concussion grenades and thermal detonators.

Armor: storm commando armor; based on the lightweight armor of the stormtrooper scout, but is coated with an advanced polymer called reflec which bends light and sensor energy away from the trooper. but is padded with reinforced armored plates which absorbs or reflects concentrated energy to a moderate degree. also inbuilt are 2 types of 'injectors' one which is a small bacta tank can increase recovery and the other injects drugs which increase combat performance.

his helmet has vast array of targetting systems to help combat enemys from distance. idetifying weak points in armor (if known) also giving range indication and relays the targets to ships and other vehicles so they can fire upon. also once the enemy is seen and scanned sensors stay on the target and can track upto 62 different targets at one time and fire using a shoulder cannon mounted on the shoulder of his suit. although moderatley weak is is used for suppresive purposes.

Appearance: standing 6" 1' tall with a muscular build from intensive and modified training since of a young age. the use of combat drugs also has developed a faster recovery rate and steady nerves.

Personality: a serious soldier who focuses on the mission. will over come if he can any obstacles in his way. a trained soldier and a vigourous leader. he prefers to fight on the ground and will not himself use heavy vehicles on the ground. he eats, sleeps and drinks with his squaddies.
he will do anything to unite the galaxy under one banner, that banner being the empires.

Corporal Ben Griffin of the 501st legion stood proud upon one of the empires capital ships. his helmet under his arm and rifle slung over his shoulder he was waiting for a new mission to arise. behind him his troops prepared the transport ships eagerly awaiting commands. he was new to this part of the galaxy. His commander has said that they would be heading to coruscant, where another 501st squad was deployed and that corporal Griffin was to help them in there mission which was not revealed to him.

Ben Griffin began to brief his troops, he had 7 under his command,
Griffin had recently revocered the remains of a republic attack gunship and had his team restore it.

"get ready men, where being deployed to coruscant, high commands orders. something big it seems, so check over your armor and weapon systems and meet me on the transport in an hour. be prepared" he told his men

this was it, finally some action

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

425 (edited by cloneapart Sunday, March 9, 2008 6:49 pm)

Cabur was now furious at both Mandolorians.  No wonder there aren't many of us left, she thought to herself.  She had been blown back a bit by the explosian, but not as bad as Solus and Drakus.  She steadied herself and wiped some blood from a scratch on her cheek.  She looked over, as Drakus walked to where  Solus had landed, pulling out a blaster and blades.  Before Drakus could do anything however, Dussk intervined, pushing Drakus back with the force and his lightsaber to Drakus's head. 

Dussk looked over at Cabur, making sure his actions were acceptable, but they were most certainly not. 
"Dussk, NO!!" she yelled at him, "leave him be!" Dussk, evidentally startled by the way she had responded, pulled Drakus to his feet with a helping hand.  Cabur, still stood between them, not wanting to hurt her current partner, but at the same time, defending her former mentor.  Cabur backed up slowly, and went over to Solus, trying to help him up.  She made sure none of his wounds were mortally threatining before turning around and walking towards Drakus.

"Look," she said quietly to Drakus, "I'm sorry for Dussk's actions, but I can't let you kill Solus.  He's my old mentor, he took care of me when no one else would.  I don't want to betray either of you, but I would die to defend him should the situation see fit.  Can we not find a way to work things out so that all of us may benefit?"

(need me to edit?)