Re: Quarantine (RPG)

"Was there any food in it, like meat i mean, not bread or anything." Frank asked

"Um...I dont think so."

"Then it should be fine, I think we can make it, its just a block, and if we drive, were less likely to be shot by the army. We should leave as soon as every one is ready. I dont want many more of them to show up" Frank said looking at the zombies.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Krista nodded, "Okay let's get this over and done with."

She checked the glock to make sure it was fully loaded, although she felt less than adept at doing so.

"I'm parked a block away from work. There's a small car park with a kids slippery-dip in a picnic area beside it. Do you know the one I'm talking about?" Krista asked.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

"Im not from around here." He pointed at the glock. "You got a round in the chamber?"

"I'm not sure," Krista replied then pulled a handful of bullets from her pocket. "Do I load it manually? I'm not too savvy with guns."

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

"Here, let me see." Krista handed Frank the gun, and he checked to see if a round was in the chamber, there wasnt. He racked the gun, and checked the safety. then handed it back. "If you want to shoot, make sure the saftys off. Im assuming you have extra clips?"

Krista nodded, "I grabbed all the extras I could find when Alicia came in... before she died."

Frank patted her on the shoulder. "Good we're going to need all the ammo we can get."

Krista let out a sigh, "Okay which is the best exit out of here?"

BFFC Moderator

"Well its closest to your car if we go out there, I think, but thats where all of the zombies are. We can out run them if we walk fast i think. When you reload, make sure to pull the slide back." Frank grabbed a titanium crowbar from a shelf.

"Okay then, let's get this over with." Krista said as she bounced on the spot trying to pump herself up to run.

Calvin had been remarkably quiet but it seemed that he wanted out too. He'd found an iron bar at some stage.

BFFC Moderator

"Jesus, what the hell am I doing here?" Frank muttered "Ok, lets go." Frank kicked the door outward, and knoked a small path through the zombies, they were out, and the sprinted through the zombies, who grabbed at frank, and sucseeded in getting his jacket.

Krista kicked out at the zombie that lashed out at Frank. It groaned and fell backwards. Calvin smashed a few that grew close and the group made a run for it. Krista tried not to gag as the stench of rotting flesh touched her nose. She had to lead the others to her car since they didn't know the area.

They turned down a dark road, smashed cars were smoldering against building walls and Krista hoped that her car had not suffered the same fate. She went to turn the next corner when she heard the tell-tale groan of a zombie.

Frank grabbed her shirt sleeve and pointed up a fire escape ladder on a nearby building. She nodded and the group started to climb. When they reached the top, they were able to see just how many zombies were about and it wasn't looking good.

BFFC Moderator

"Can you see your car from here?" Frank asked. He picked up a brick that was on the fire escape and threw it at a zombie beneath them. "If we can get to it, we can just run them over."

Krista blinked, looked below and saw her yellow Camry, "It's over their, the yellow one you can't really miss."

"Looks a bit battered," Calvin said as he observed it.

"I bought it looking that shabby. Couldn't afford anything else. Besides I know it'll never get stolen." Krista told.

"That's true," Calvin said and tried to ignore the dirty look he got.

Krista looked below and saw an opening in the ambling mob of zombies. "We can climb down the other fire escape and get to the car that way."

Frank nodded, "Sounds good."

The group edged their way down the second fire escape and were glad that the zombies were distracted with the fire escape they'd originally used. Krista took the lead and held her keys tightly in her left hand while the glock was held steady in her right.

They were almost to the car when one of the zombies turned in their direction and moaned hungrily. "Damn it, they've sensed us." Krista said as she slid the key into the driver's door. The central locking allowed the four doors to open the survivors got into the car and locked the doors. Krista started the car and immediately threw it into reverse, slamming a couple of zombies in the process.

BFFC Moderator

Calvin went to his jeep.
He got in. "Com'on, baby,"siad Calvin. The jeep cranked up.
Zombies herd it. Calvin threw the jeep in reverse and followed the girl.

[Stage 4 ZOMBIES CAN MOVE AT A FAST JOG/SLOW RUN]

Frank sat in the passanger seat, the pistol in his hand, looking out the window. He saw a person, far down one of the streets, fighting off a small group of zombies. The person was hurt badly, and he soon fell to the group. Not group. Frank throught. Swarm
"How much farther do you think it is?" Krista asked

"It should be right around this corne-" As they rounded the corner, they saw a collapsed wall of sandbags, a burning APC and hundreds of bodies. Frank got out of the car. He walked up to the baracade, staring blankly. He heard a snarl form the ditch, and a zombie actually ran at him, and tackled him. The glock skidded off, out of reach, his hands flew up, holding the things head back.

"Fort is Special Forces, sent here to help contain the situation. I am outside law enforcement. I protect this city from scum in ways that the police cannot. And I will protect what's left, no matter the circumstances. You are with us or against us. No middle ground. Stand down... or fall down." Jon was getting impatient, and his trigger figger was getting itchy.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

"Just a sec Jon. Yes if you couldn't tell from when I yelled it out earlier, I am Sargeant Daniel Fortesque of the Marine Special Forces Corps. Jon here is...a vigilante...helping me out. Who did you come with? Who sent you here? I came with one of the only 2 detachments that were sent here and I am the sole survivor. Don't tell me they sent more..."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Somehow, Frank knew this was it, he didnt know how but he knew.  Still, he held the zombies head back and reached for the gun. The zombies breath stank of rot, and with every moment, its teeth drew nearer to his throat.

Krista leaned out the car window and aimed the glock. She wasn't confident but she had to try and save Frank. She pulled the trigger and closed her eyes for a second. When she opened them she saw that she'd cleanly shot the zombie through the head. She had no idea how she'd managed it but decided that luck was on their side for once. "Come on, we'll look for another way."

Frank nodded looking a little shaken as he pushed the zombie's body away so he could get up.

BFFC Moderator

"With all do respect, we were here before you. They sent in 2 platoons after the local Police called in the Military for support. I was leading 2 sqads of men when our Blackhawk was shot down and we all nearly died in the crash. Myself and Renfro managed to get out with a few men and salvage rations, weapons, and supplies before the whole thing got blown to kindom come. After that, we made our way up here, as you can see. The other few men had sucumbed to the disease and they killed themselves in fear of what might happen...I actually have been waiting for radio contact from the Special Forces Detachment that was sent in, namingly you Daniel Fortesque." Castle turned to Jon.
"As for you trigger happy civilian, don't you ever try to intimidate me again. If you do, you might as well kiss your *** goodbye, because I don't put up with bullshit. Also, if anyone is going to stand down, it will be you! So don't even try to be smart with me."

"This IS my signature."

"With all do respect I am the commanding officer here as Master Sergeant, so as far as im concerned you answer to me now. I dont care what god damned creatures are popping out of the walls, you will address me as sir and we will keep proper protocol in the face of any danger. Also, although my buddy here is a vigilante you will address EACH OTHER with respect. You, Castle, will respect that he helped me get here and Jon respect that Castle is an officer in the Marine Corps. Now... you said you were shot down Castle. So was I. Do you remember what exactly shot you down? (refer to my earlier posts to see what shot me and the other blackhawk after me down)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Frank saw a M16 lying about five feet away. He got up and went to get it. It was empty. He looked over at the bodies, and walked over, undid a soldiers belt found it had a few clips and two greandes. He got clips from the rest of the bodies. All of the dead soldiers had wounds to their heads. some had bites on their arms. He cliped the belt, and found there was a holster on it. He secured that aswell, and grabbed a pistol and four clips. He looked at the soldiers he had taken the ammo from. "Sorry."  He went back to the car.

Krista was very happy to see that Frank had acquired himself an M16, sure it was from the dead but they weren't going to miss it. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I could do without close encounters like that," Frank told as he examined the gun.

"I don't think there's anyone who'd disagree with that." Krista was backing up the car and looking for another exit.

"I was thinking of trying to get on the freeway, it's less likely to be blocked." Krista said.

Frank shrugged, "It might actually be worse."

"How so?" Krista asked.

"You think how many people use the freeway." Frank pointed out.

"Ah, good point." Krista said wondering where to go next. If only there were some soldiers to come to their rescue.

BFFC Moderator

173 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:03 am)

"I can't believe you're pulling rank on me. This guy nearly nearly guns me down and you're taking his side..."
"Well, anyway all I saw was a gas-masked figure wearing black with a shoulder-fired stinger missile."

"This IS my signature."

"Besides, there might be, well." Frank trailed off.

"What."

"Zombies, that got bitten on the way out, but died in the car, and....reanimated." Frank looked over, at the overturned APC. "Are there any other ways out of here?"

"Yea i saw the same thing. We've gotta watch out for him. For now lets continue up this building. Jon do you know what ere looking for?"

Est Sularus Oth Mithas