Re: What misconceptions of Star Wars did you have as a kid?

Fettish that's funny.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

The first few times I saw ANH, I thought that the rebels on the Tantive IV were the ancient order of Jedi Knights being wiped out. There was one that the camera zooms in on(for about a second) who I was convinced was a younger Obi-Wan. I'm still not completely sure why I thought that, especially since that would mean Leia doesn't age.

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum

i still have a missconsception about starwars. i think that storm troopers are recruited and not cloned but i have a visual dictionary and it said that they are unbribable and unseduice able and stuff like that. i also thought that clone would attack the republic and after i saw ep. 2 i was like "why dont they call it rescue of the clones?"

Just because you're unbribable doesn't mean you're a clone. Not all stormtroopers are recruited, some are cloned. But a lot of them were recruited.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

My  misconception about Star Wars was that until I saw AOTC I thought Owen and Beru really were Luke Skywalker's aunt and uncle.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

They kind of are. I have a step-sister who has kids, which makes me their aunt, even though we're not really very much related.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I confused Wampa with oompa-loompas for a while.  Don't even bother asking.  tongue  Like looking back I don't even know why.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

thanks Miba i remembered i thought boba was force sensitive. i dont know why i was like "wow hes freaking awsome he must be like a jedi or use the force"....

BFFC Manji wrote:

We all had them... simple misunderstandings like 'Lifesaver' and 'Dark Vader.' I know I'm not the only one.
Also, I thought Boba Fett didn't have a face, that his black visor was actually an emptiness under his helmet!! tongue
Another, that I had when I was a bit older from when Star Wars Episode I came out, is that when I saw the first scene with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon flying towards the Trade Federation space station, I thought that it was the Death Star and that it used to have a ring around it!
I probably had more, but I can't remember if I did...
Well, what about you??

Lifesaver.. Used it for two years...

Favorite Star Wars character: Boba. (Well, duh!)

And no, I do not have disney plus. I have to have everything spoiled for me. :(

I always thought that Jabba shrunk that twi'lek girl named Oola down to the size of a space-frog and ate her after he plunged her down into the rancor pit.

I have to admit, for a very brief time (over 20 years ago now), I heard "lightsaber" as "lifesaver" at age 7. A year prior to that, before I'd even seen Star Wars, or really heard of it, I saw The Phantom Menace- themed soda cans, and asked my mom what they were; I know she actually said "Star Wars", but my 6-year-old ears somehow heard it as "Star Horse".

MacheteFett wrote:

I have to admit, for a very brief time (over 20 years ago now), I heard "lightsaber" as "lifesaver" at age 7. A year prior to that, before I'd even seen Star Wars, or really heard of it, I saw The Phantom Menace- themed soda cans, and asked my mom what they were; I know she actually said "Star Wars", but my 6-year-old ears somehow heard it as "Star Horse".

That's hilarious.

Also, I'm shocked this thread is still alive and kicking. It must resonate with a good number of folks, haha.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I used to think that the Sarlacc was called the “SarNACC” for some reason when I was in elementary school lol

BroBa Fett wrote:

I used to think that the Sarlacc was called the “SarNACC” for some reason when I was in elementary school lol

I feel like this might be when a Sarlacc and Mynock have a baby. o_O

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Lol I did not think about that but now that I do, it really does yikes

BFFC Manji wrote:
BroBa Fett wrote:

I feel like this might be when a Sarlacc and Mynock have a baby. o_O

When it saw ROTJ, and thus Star Wars, for the first time in my life, I saw the stormtroopers and i asked my dad who was sitting next to me, “daddy are those robots?” He said no. “Are they aliens?” Another No. “Are they people?” Dad said yes.

I thought he was wrong though and thought stormtroopers were robots for the next few weeks.

Favorite Star Wars character: Boba. (Well, duh!)

And no, I do not have disney plus. I have to have everything spoiled for me. :(

True lol! Speaking of robots, when I first saw Darth Vader I thought he was completely a robot lol...

Bobafett2020 wrote:

When it saw ROTJ, and thus Star Wars, for the first time in my life, I saw the stormtroopers and i asked my dad who was sitting next to me, “daddy are those robots?” He said no. “Are they aliens?” Another No. “Are they people?” Dad said yes.

I thought he was wrong though and thought stormtroopers were robots for the next few weeks.