Re: What misconceptions of Star Wars did you have as a kid?

Well, along the line of Darth Maul names, my little sister thought that DM's name was 1) Darth Mole (Me: Sis! It is MAUL, not MOLE!!!) and 2) Darth Mall.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Oh, that reminds me. I remember when I first noticed ANH had "Episode IV" on it and I thought, "4? I wonder where the other three are?" So my logical conclusion was that SW must be a book series and they made movies off it and for some reason only did the last three books in the series. So I went to the library and looked in the card catalouge for SW hoping to find the first three episodes. I was disappointed when I didn't find them, but I didn't care cause I found The Galaxy of Fear series and the Jedi Prince series. Unfortunately back then I thought I'd found a treasure, though now I know better.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

i used to think that Darth Vader was actully the Emperor. That was before i saw ROTJ when i was slightly older tho(i first saw it when i was about 3ish)

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

When I first saw StarWars I called Boba, Babada the Hutt,and Jabba,sadly,was Boba Jabada.My little sister also thought Boba was Boomer,and Luke-my brother- was totally obsssed with Darth Vader...imagine his confusion when Vader said,"Luke,I am your father."
We all are about a year apart,and when we went to see Episode 1(I was about 6,so count done to find out all ofour ages,all four of us,Emi wasnt adopted yet) all of us were stoked to see it.After I saw it I asked my mother,"Mama,where is the guy with the helmet.Babada is my best buddie,I thought he was in this.He gonna be reallll mad cause he wasnt."
Suprisingly,my mom said that h ewasnt born yet.So thankyou BobaFett for giving me my first lesson on where babbies come from in the theater in OakRige

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

30 (edited by Boba Dude Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:16 am)

When EpII came out I saw a Sneak preview jango fett and I got really mad because I got really excited and said "Daddy, Daddy, look its Boba Fett." and my dad said "No Matthew, it says his name is Jango Fett." and I thought "Who the **** is Jango Fett" I thought that Lucas messed up big time. Then i saw the movie and I thought how stupid I was to think that Jango was dumb. There's is mine!

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Oh, I remember another misconception I had... When Vader said, "The Empire will compensate you if he dies." I thought he said, "The Empire will confiscate you if he dies." I was really confused...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

There I fixed it, you happy now?

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

I used to think that the dead Jawas in A new hope came back to life after seeing some again in mos eisley, also thinking they were midget Sand people

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Oh, I thought the Jawas were a group of rebellious kids who ran away from home. o_0

I know I posted a lot here, but I just remembered something I thought in ROTS, even though I wasn't a kid then. When Bail and the Clonetroopers are talking and Bail said, "And so it is." I thought he said, "It always is." I felt bad for him cause I thought everyone always wanted him to go. tongue

When I was little, I was scared to death of ESB and absolutely refused to watch it. My little sister and I would always skip it, and would run from the room whenever my sadistic older sibs tried to make us watch it or trick us into it.

I remember a while back before TPM came out I saw this picture of Queen Amidala and Obi-wan Kenobi standing together on this bridge by a waterfall, and I was like, "Sweet! Obi-wan gets a girl friend!"

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

Speaking of The Empire Strikes Back, when I was in High School they had the 20th Anniversary Editions on in the cinemas. Me and one of my friends had a personal joke running on the bit where Vader says, "No Luke, I am your father." We shouted out: "Another reason for birth control" and cracked up the whole crowd.

But anyway my confusion as a kid was why Leia had to be Luke's sister, surely the hero always got the girl smile

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

That is pretty funny.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

THE FLASH wrote:

i used to think stormtroopers where cyborg type creatures, and when han was been tortured on bespin, that he was been tortured by a machine that turned men into stormtroopers.

There's more obvious stuff like "dark vader" which has been mentioned.

LMAO!!! oh god thats great

Behold! Tis The Slipknot Freak!

Wee bit of an over-reaction there.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

When i was 4,5,6 or 7 (i forget the age) I thought that all of the stormtroopers were just robots .......nothing more and lets see   what else.....hmmmmm......and some other small things like umm......thinking that basters had infinity ammo and that the jawa's had no face.....i was pretty creeped out by those critters.

'MandalorianSpy9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

42 (edited by True Warrior Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:27 pm)

Boba Dude wrote:

When EpII came out I saw a Sneak preview jango fett and I got really mad because I got really excited and said "Daddy, Daddy, look its Boba Fett." and my dad said "No Matthew, it says his name is Jango Fett." and I thought "Who the **** is Jango Fett" I thought that Lucas messed up big time. Then i saw the movie and I thought how stupid I was to think that Jango was dumb. There's is mine!

lol lol That made me crack up, for some reason.

Well.....there's Dark Vader, and life-saver....and I could never get the numbers in C3-PO in the right order! Like 3P-CO....lol! :lol:I wasnt interested in Star Wars when I was little, and the only thing I remember from it is Vader,Yoda, Chewie, R2 and a little more. But I do remember Vagly(hope I spelled it right!) a man with T-shaped helmet, and a cool, raspy voice. Then when I was older and saw Episode 2......there was a strange connection between me and Jango the second I saw his helmet on him. I then looked into all the movies, and I was fascinated with Boba Fett. I've loved him ever since.

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Here's something rather emabarasing.  I first saw star wars when I was about five, and I was really into robots.  When I first saw Darth Vader I said "Is that a robot?'  My dad said "Well, he's a half robot"  At first I thought he meant that Vader was a half a piece of robot, and I thought "he looks like a whole robot to me."  Stupid, huh? 

Also, when I first saw empire strikes back, I thought that perhaps Boba was a robot. (Hey, I was only 5, go easy on me.)

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

44 (edited by Jawa Java Saturday, June 3, 2006 11:37 am)

i also thought that jawas had no faces and were midget humans with a gift for tech and absolutely refused to watch the end of ESB.
i had this miconception for a loooooooong time, that dv's voice was inside the armor
also until reading this post i thought R2-D2 was a puppet

Jawa Java: The Starbucks of Tatooine

Jawa Java wrote:

i also thought that jawas had no faces

That is one that i had too.....i thought that they were just some kind of invisible ghosts or something that had red eyes and little brown suits so you could see the shape of their body....

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:
Jawa Java wrote:

i also thought that jawas had no faces

That is one that i had too.....i thought that they were just some kind of invisible ghosts or something that had red eyes and little brown suits so you could see the shape of their body....

{MW} MS9

Me too! but it wasn't very long untill I found out the truth.

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]