Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I bet someone in lucas animation would dissagree with you tongue

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

I bet someone in lucas animation would dissagree with you tongue

Yeah well they suck pretty bad. Anakin looks completely different and so do the SBDs and Clones' waists are too skinny. And Dooku looks completely different too. And so does Yoda. And so does Obi-wan. And so does Mace Windu. And so does pretty much everyone. But I still think the fight scenes were cool. I saw the Battle of Teth and the Battle of Christophsis on the CW website.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

I don't like the name Christophsis. I haven't looked yet, but I wonder who it's named after. It's obviously based on the name Christopher. I think it's kinda stupid, really.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

It kinda sounds like crystal, so I think the name is fitting for the planet considering it's made of crystals, but yes, I agree it's obviously based off of Christopher.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

yep, perhaps Christopher Lee? apparently the city where the battle took place is called Crystal City, so it might be based off the word crystal. yes, Count Dooku looks very different (it's the beard, there's way too much hair). they also shaped his head funny. of course, I think Mace Windu looks similar to his original CW counterpart. same for Yoda (don't forget, he's supposed to be younger). the only real difference between CW Ventress and this new Ventress was the eyes (they didn't give her eyes in the old show and it made her look more evil, even though she actually did have eyes).

Yeah I didn't like Dooku's pointy beard, it didn't look right to me. I actually like the fact that Ventress has eyes. They look black and heartless, and they make her seem more evil then in the old CW, but that's my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing about Christopher Lee/Christophsis. He's definitely one of the only good actors in the prequels, along with Liam Neeson and a couple others.

Oh, right. I don't know how I missed Christopher Lee. And I didn't know that about the planet being made of crystals, that would make sense for the name.

And I don't like the look of just about anyone in it. Everyone looks weird. But Dooku especially.

Is it true that the animation is so stiff and wooden that the characters move like puupets amde of wood?

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Miba wrote:

Oh, right. I don't know how I missed Christopher Lee. And I didn't know that about the planet being made of crystals, that would make sense for the name.

And I don't like the look of just about anyone in it. Everyone looks weird. But Dooku especially.

Yoda has weird growths on his face

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Yea. But he is very cool so far. big_smile
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Star_Wars_Clone_Wars/star_wars_clone_wars_yoda.jpg

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

Did anyone else think that the film ended really abruptly?

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

On another note...

Does it bother anyone else that Lucas built an entire subplot around a minor background character. I mean everything from the clone armor to the Mandalorian back story he just pulled out of his behind when he saw that there was cash to be made. I hate the evolution of the clone/ stormtrooper armor soooo much. It is so obvious that some dork was looking at a stormtrooper helmet and looking at a Boba Fett helmet and thought  "two great tastes that taste great together. "One of the things I liked about Boba Fett growing up was how mysterious he was. He was a much more interesting character before episodes 1-3 and all the other stuff. I am a bit older than a lot of the folks in the forum so it may just me being an old fart but Lucas has lost my admiration little-by-little over the years and the change in Boba Fett's character is a perfect example.

I love Boba Fett and I think everything about him is pretty cool but I guess I have my own pre-episode 1-3 version in my head that keeps him cool for me. I don' read a lot of the expanded universe stuff and I am not so into the games so if there are people out there that know something I don't I am happy to hear other opinions.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:
Miba wrote:

Yoda has weird growths on his face

Where??

tachyonblade wrote:

On another note...

Does it bother anyone else that Lucas built an entire subplot around a minor background character. I mean everything from the clone armor to the Mandalorian back story he just pulled out of his behind when he saw that there was cash to be made. I hate the evolution of the clone/ stormtrooper armor soooo much. It is so obvious that some dork was looking at a stormtrooper helmet and looking at a Boba Fett helmet and thought  "two great tastes that taste great together. "One of the things I liked about Boba Fett growing up was how mysterious he was. He was a much more interesting character before episodes 1-3 and all the other stuff. I am a bit older than a lot of the folks in the forum so it may just me being an old fart but Lucas has lost my admiration little-by-little over the years and the change in Boba Fett's character is a perfect example.

I love Boba Fett and I think everything about him is pretty cool but I guess I have my own pre-episode 1-3 version in my head that keeps him cool for me. I don' read a lot of the expanded universe stuff and I am not so into the games so if there are people out there that know something I don't I am happy to hear other opinions.

And this is why Lucas is making the movies and not you. lol. if you read my post on the page before this one I talk about how all Lucas has cared about since ep6 is making money. Witch I think is fine I would do the same. Plus I love the mando background and I would rather have Lucas "ruin" it than someone like Travis or one of the many many people who write stupid stories changing his character.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

So you would like all the mandos to get wacked into a big pit by a bunch of blind dudes?

Yeah...I think I'll stick with Karen Travis.

141 (edited by Miba Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:13 pm)

Traviss who tried to turn Clonetroopers into Mandalorians? Even though there's really no possible way for that to work?

Miba wrote:

Traviss who tried to turn Clonetroopers into Mandalorians? Even though there's really no possible way for that to work?

Why is there NO Possible way for that to work?  I think KT went a little overboard in her Mando conversion of the clones; but that's just be being a guy who likes his own version of how it happend  tongue

My totally seperate idea for how it Could be possible, why Isn't it possible?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Alo Fett wrote:
tachyonblade wrote:

On another note...

And this is why Lucas is making the movies and not you. lol. if you read my post on the page before this one I talk about how all Lucas has cared about since ep6 is making money. Witch I think is fine I would do the same. Plus I love the mando background and I would rather have Lucas "ruin" it than someone like Travis or one of the many many people who write stupid stories changing his character.

It's true, I'm just a translator living in my small corner of Tokyo living my small little life and George Lucas is, well, George Lucas. It's his world to do with as he will. I guess I just react to the developments of Boba Fett's evolution the same way I react when a Super hero film comes out and the costume looks nothing like it does in the comic. I mean for those who read the comics they know what they want or expect to see for everyone else, they wouldn't really care because they are usually going to see the film because of camp value or because they read the comics as a kid or something like that. What I am saying is that people would still think Boba Fett was kick *** even without all the back story. I just don't see how it helps make the character any cooler and for those people that are not really that into him anyway it wouldn't make a difference. Does any of that make sense?

"D'oh!"

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Why is there NO Possible way for that to work?  I think KT went a little overboard in her Mando conversion of the clones; but that's just be being a guy who likes his own version of how it happend  tongue

Well, because in the comic Open Seasons we see that the Mandalorians are killed off and that Jango is the only sole survivor. So then many, many, like just about 20 years later probably, we have a bunch of Clonetroopers magically having Mandalorian knowledge, training, language, songs, and are Mandalorians in almost everything but name. I've heard that someone tried to fix this by saying Jango trained a few, and even if he did train five or six guys that doesn't account for how a few million clonetroopers could all know this stuff.

Miba wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

Well, because in the comic Open Seasons we see that the Mandalorians are killed off and that Jango is the only sole survivor. So then many, many, like just about 20 years later probably, we have a bunch of Clonetroopers magically having Mandalorian knowledge, training, language, songs, and are Mandalorians in almost everything but name. I've heard that someone tried to fix this by saying Jango trained a few, and even if he did train five or six guys that doesn't account for how a few million clonetroopers could all know this stuff.

There were other Mandolorians who also trained the Clones who were brought in by Jango. The idea that the Jedi wiped out the last few except Jango has been effectively ret-conned by Lucas. Just another dumn ret-con to add to the list....

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

y'know this movie is just a pilot episode for the tv show right? they'll replay it on tv before the new episodes start.

If that's the case there is no point in me going and seeing the movie I'll just see it on TV or wait until the DVD comes out.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

148 (edited by Miba Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:45 pm)

I doubt it'd be on tv before the dvd came out unless the dvd was coming out on the same day.

This movie was NOT a kiddie movie as I have been told by many. This movie is basicly a regular Star Wars movie.......ANIMATED. We find out that Anakin has been assigned a Padawan, and apparently, her skills with a lightsaber suggest otherwise. of course in this movie they DID exagerate the abilities of the Jedi, but it was still a great movie.
Once I saw this movie, a lot of new questions arose in my mind about Anakins unexpected padawan, as Im sure everyone else did as well.

Where is she from?
Whats her backround story?
Did she survive order 66?
Did Vader slaughter her along with the other jedi in order 66?
Did she acheive the rank of master?

These questions went unanswered for a considerable amount of weeks, until I saw a commercial of the new Star Wars: Clone Wars series on cartoon Network. Hopefully, this new series will answer all of my questions. wink

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

150 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Friday, September 12, 2008 12:11 pm)

Yeah...actaully it was a kiddie movie.

The lines for the characters were corny and stupid...somthing only a five year old would find really entertaining/funny.

Its obvious as to what age group it was aimed at.

I do not associate animation with kiddie movies...its just that this movie was both.