Re: what colour lightsaber would you have?

omg I can't believe that I didn't post in this topic originally. I collect sabers and am dying to have one custom built for me in real life. I know this website for a group in New York state that makes them and have so many wicked awsome hilts on the site it makes me want to drool. Ok I digress.

My personal blade color would be a blend of a dark blue and green, though much more green. Very saturated blade color if I it were possible to achive it with the crystals. I prefer just a single blade, and a contour grip with a recessed activation so that it wouldn't accedentaly go on or off.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si, could you pm me with the site, please!
Oh, and I think i've made a mistake, here..
I did not mean saberstaff (double bladed lightsaber), but lightsaber staff.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/d/d9/Sazen%27sArm.jpg/800px-Sazen%27sArm.jpg

"He who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
                                                                               William Shakespeare

Alo my mando, uses two shortened gray sabers from time to time. Black is cool (if you have not seen them they look good.)

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

I'd have two lightsabers. They'd be orange and green

Theres that picture, thats what I mean when i say staff hilted

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

That TOTALLY makes sense to me now. Thanks for the visual.

This is the website I was refering to:  http://www.randomsabers.com/index.php

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Thanks vod!
Well, that's quite a collection, there! So many designs, yet I like none, hahaha!~
I'm strange, dammit.
I'm expecting photos of your own saber, once it's ready!

William Shakespeare

Uber-Mando wrote:

I'd have two lightsabers. They'd be orange and green

If more than one lightsaber ( I spelled it right this time) is an option, then my second lightsaber would be powder blue. smile

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

draco fett wrote:

No, they are not.

I would want a black one.

That's what I would do too. I thought I was original. Good choice, though. Also, a pure white saber would be cool, too. And I also think Draco should be promoted to a moderator. smile

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Which raises the question.  Is a black LIGHTsaber even possible?  By definition that should be impossible.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Sev Fett wrote:

Which raises the question.  Is a black LIGHTsaber even possible?  By definition that should be impossible.

I don't think so.  the definition of black is void of color and light, which = no LIGHTsaber.  I heard the theory that it would in invisable, but a lightsaber is a beam of pure engergy.  Not sure such a beam would exist without creating light

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

87 (edited by Sev Fett Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:08 am)

A voidsaber!  That would be crazy awesome.  Come into a room and ignite it and the light seems to be sucked away.  I'd really like that for an RPG concept.  Now if only you could explain it scientifically within the Star Wars universe.

EDIT:  Could it be possible to find some sort of light absorbing crystal?  And the blade itself would defined as where there is absolutely no light.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Huh, but what would a voidsaber do if you hit someone wit it?  suck them up like a black hole?  or chop'em like a normal lightsaber?

"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."--
Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.

Would it cancel out a lightsaber?  I'd hope it would just act like a normal.  Even if it didn't I would make it normal.

Why cancel it out?
Actually I do not think that would be possible. I mean, not even in Star Wars.
Voidsaber? How?
If it was something similar to a black hole, what would be there to stop it from sucking the handle in and the user afterwards?
Let's stick with the lightsabers. They do not devour hands if you don't want them to...

William Shakespeare

No a light-absorbing crystal, not a miniature black hole generator (Like the one in Heli Attack tongue).  So it's like the anti-saber basically.

Good old lightsabers are good enough for me, but interesting concept.  It's true that you GET a lightsaber from the Force sensitive crystals, so if you make up one that absorbes light, I suppose it would be possible. 

I honestly don't know, I'm a Mando addict, not Jedi/Sith.  I havn't sudied the workings of Lightsabers at all.  All I know about them comes from the movies and KotOR

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

No.  Of course not.  I reserve it for an RPG character though!

I would have two staffs, one staff all green, the other all blue

He's no good to me dead...

my color of lightsaber................would be whatever color the Jedi or Sith's saber was when I took it off their dead body; would look schweet hanging from my Mando belt  big_smile

Ralin Drakus wrote:
Sev Fett wrote:

I don't think so.  the definition of black is void of color and light, which = no LIGHTsaber.  I heard the theory that it would in invisable, but a lightsaber is a beam of pure engergy.  Not sure such a beam would exist without creating light

Well I bet some crystals would/could make an infrared beam, which would be awesome for stealth....especially if you could kill the sound

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Well maybe if it was a cortosis crystal? cortosis is impervious to lightsaber energy, so maybe some sort of workings with that.

HA NB! See mine when its done? One must have money first to order something of that magficance before it can be created. I was thinking though as to making my own... I know it can be done with stuff you find at home depo. (I think it would just end up being a hilt sadly.)

i take blue

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

mine would be purple, have actually kinda drawn out how it would look too

Ven'gana mhi yaim'ol // We will have our homecoming

If I could create my own lightsaber, It would be orange.