Indeed mandal your upped halo and star wars army couldnt even come close to the space marines chapters, a small squad enough to destroy 1000 space marines? ( that is right isnt it? 1000 space marines to a chapter?)
The space marines are super humans, gods among mortals, they symbolize perfect warriors, there training is Enough to kill spartans alone in my opinion.
The basic equipment of a space marine, correct me if im wrong:
The power armor, Mk.VII 'Imperator' Armour and Mk VIII Power Armour: Errant Armour are the standard issue to space marines, the later being for sergeants or higher i think. Which is capable of surviving in any enviroment and withstanding A high degree of punishment.
There standard issue rifle is a .75 calibre bolter, capable of firing
* Bolts: regular ammunition
* Kraken Penetrator Rounds: equipped with an adamantium tip designed to penetrate the hardest armour, the Kraken rounds offer even better penetration than standard rounds
* Inferno Rounds: rounds filled with flammable materials instead of explosives, they ignite on detonation, burning a target from the inside out in many cases
* Hellfire rounds: contains a potent mix of poisons, bacteria and acids that cause massive tissue damage to the target. Often designed with specific targets in mind (i.e. Tyranids)
* Stalker rounds: silenced ammunition using a gas launched ignition system to remove noise/muzzle flash, range is considerably less than regular bolts
* Metal Storm rounds: fragmenting rounds designed to explode in much the same way as a fragmentation grenade
A chainsword or chain weapon, commonly found used by squad leaders can cut through most armor alone, hacking at limbs severing them, if not the tendons and veins creating mass bleeding and eventually death.
Power weapons include such as
The following is a list of the most common forms of power weapons found amongst the Adeptus Astartes:
* Power Sword - By far the most common power weapon, the power sword is favoured by a large majority of Imperial Servants for its versatility in both attack and defence. Less frequently seen versions include smaller powered knives. Notable power swords are the Dark Angel Sword of Secrets and the Black Sword of the Emperor's Champion Sigismund.
* Power Axe - A less often seen pattern of power weapon, the power axe is nonetheless used by many warriors, especially those hailing from worlds where the axe is commonly used, such as Fenris. It can be wielded much like a sword, but relies on hacking and slashing rather than stabbing. Well-known Power Axes include the Axe Morkai and the Axes of Ultramar.
* Power Maul - A relatively rare weapon, the power maul relies on its mass and concussive power to damage targets, rather than an edged blade. In the hands of a skilled wielder it can inflict grievous wounds. Power mauls have traditionally been a symbol of office for many Adeptus Arbites judges, yet they have also found favour with certain Space Marine Chapters. The Traitor Warmaster Horus is often depicted carrying a power maul in battle, and it was a common armament of early Space Marine Terminator squads.
* Lightning Claws - A lightning claw consists of several miniature bladed power weapons that extrude from a housing in the user's wrist, or a gauntlet's digits. Designed to slash and stab at the enemy with great speed, a pair of Lightning claws can inflict raking wounds that are hard to dodge or parry.
* Power Fist - Also known as a power glove, the power fist is a large armoured gauntlet that is sheathed in the same disruptive energy field that is used in other powered weapons. However, it relies on punching and crushing attacks to inflict damage on the enemy, lending great strength to the user's punches. When worn in conjunction with a suit of powered or Terminator armour, the strength is even more significantly improved, allowing the bearer to punch through even armoured vehicles and buildings with ease. A power fist may be switched off to allow the user normal usage of his hand. Powerfists are a standard weapon employed by most Astartes Terminator units.
When fitted with a powered chainblade attachment, the powerfist is capable of cutting neatly through walls, bulkheads and armour plate, augmenting the squad's already formidable anti-armour capabilities, and allowing a squad easy passage through obstacles and buildings.
* Thunder Hammer - A thunder hammer is a powered hammer that has been modified to emit a strong blast of energy on impact, often shocking or incapacitating any target able to withstand the hit. The sound of an impact from this mighty weapon resembles a thunderclap, and is the source of the thunder hammer's name. Thunder hammers are often used by Terminator assault squads in conjunction with a Storm Shield, protecting the wielder as he strikes.
This is just a small array of equipment, not going into melta weapons, plasma weapons or las weapons (Lascannon, not the las gun haha )
And to top it off just imagine a land raider
* Weight: 72 tonnes
* Height: 4.11m
* Width: 6.1m
* Crew: 2 (Driver, Commander)
* Max Speed: 55kph (48kph off-road)
* Engines: Adaptable Thermic Combustion w/Auxiliary Reactor
* Main armament: 2 x Twin Linked Lascannons
* Secondary armament: Twin Linked Heavy Bolters
* Ammo Capacity: Lascannons: Unlimited (reactor can recharge powerpacks as long as it has fuel). Heavy Bolters: 2,600 rounds
* Transport Capacity: 10 fully armoured and equipped Astartes or 5 Tactical Dreadnought Armour equipped Astartes
* Armour: 95mm Advanced Composites including adamantium plate, titanium/plasteel plate, ablative and ceramite layers that provides protection similar 300mm conventional steel protection at greatly reduced weight
* Capable of operation in inhospitable environments such as toxic atmospheres, death worlds, hard vacuum, high & low gravity etc. Able to operate in water exceeding 35m deep
* M32 'Cyclops' class Machine Spirit, comparable in ability to Machine Spirits used by Warhound & Reaver Titans
* Advanced communications gear & holographic display linked to Cyclops class Machine Spirit allows it to act as a command centre for expeditionary forces
* Squad monitoring equipment: allows vehicle commander to remotely monitor vital signs of Marines assigned to transport
* Transportable via Thunderhawk Transporter making it possible to field in the most unexpected locations
* Excellent mobility - wide tracks provide low ground pressure and offer ability to traverse virtually any terrain
* Includes medicae facilities for treating injured Astartes
* Energy systems capable of recharging Astartes power armour and energy weapons
* On-board stores sufficient to allow embarked squad to campaign for extended period
* Adaptable engine allows the Land Raider to run on a variety of fuels such as fossil fuels, gas, plant derived oils etc.
* Onboard shrine ensures spiritual well-being of embarked troops
With a squad of these space marines on. The land raider would easily smash past a defence line, deploy its cargo and wa'la.
The land raider is practically a moving bunker.
I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.