51 (edited by IG-88 Wednesday, November 8, 2006 3:15 pm)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Fetterthanyou wrote:

ok first of all, there is no doubt that MC's armor is better than boba's. Boba's doesnt have a shield, doesnt cover all of his body, has a cape which i consider a disadvantage.

MC also has awesome reflexes and the military mind to match any general... ever. And he has been trained since he was 6, so he knows his way around a battlefield.

so "Just some guy ina suit" doesnt really cover the whole story, its like saying boba is just some guy with a helmet.

Do we actually know who's armour can withstand the most we dont know the power of the weapons compared and i think Boba's helmet is deffinatly better than MC's plus his armour isnt covered in weapons.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

i dont know much about mc, only that his armor is really heavy and he has personal shields in them. but i know enough about mc that i realize that not even the son of jango fett may be able to defeat him. i honestly cant say for sure who would win, but i would go with boba, because i trust he will find a way to overcome mc, as he always does, overcoming a galaxy of enemies.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

IG-88 wrote:

Do we actually know who's armour can withstand the most we dont know the power of the weapons compared and i think Boba's helmet is deffinatly better than MC's plus his armour isnt covered in weapons.

So, what your saying is... we cant tell whos armor is better (even tho MC has shields and a full body cover), we can't tell the power of the weapons... but you are fairly certain that Boba has a better helmet?  I would love to hear the rationale behind this.

Mostly, i give it to MC because he pulls off manuevers and heroic feats that make you say, "That could never happen because of how awesome it is." While most of the stuff Boba does is, "Wow that was cool because it could actually pulled off." But thats just my thought.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

I didn't even read the first entry, but if anyone is suggesting that Master Chief would even put up a decent fight, they should be slapped.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

55 (edited by Humorbot5 Thursday, November 9, 2006 12:16 am)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Fetterthanyou wrote:

ok first of all, there is no doubt that MC's armor is better than boba's. Boba's doesnt have a shield, doesnt cover all of his body, has a cape which i consider a disadvantage.

MC also has awesome reflexes and the military mind to match any general... ever. And he has been trained since he was 6, so he knows his way around a battlefield.

so "Just some guy ina suit" doesnt really cover the whole story, its like saying boba is just some guy with a helmet.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah....

What weapons are we giving Master Chief for this one?

Assault Rifle and Pistol?
Battle Rifle and Magnum?
Battle Rifle and Rocket Launcher?

Cos he can only carry two weapons.

Also Fett may have no shield but he does have laser weapons!
I would imagine these have at least the power of a uncharged Plasma Pistol.
You can get rid of one of them pretty quickly with an uncharged plasma pistol. Maybe 10 shots at the most.

Boba could easily pull that off, then when he got the chance: disintergration.

and even if MC managed to recharge his shield Boba would realise how this worked and just keep taking pot shots at him so that it wouldn't go up again. He'd just keep at it until such a time as he can get close enough to blow the Master Chief up or disintergrate him.

He might as well be some guy in a suit.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Mostly, i give it to MC because he pulls off manuevers and heroic feats that make you say, "That could never happen because of how awesome it is." While most of the stuff Boba does is, "Wow that was cool because it could actually pulled off." But thats just my thought.

I don't think I ever heard or saw Master Chief do anything that made me think "That could never happen" or  "That was awesome"

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Fetterthanyou wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

Do we actually know who's armour can withstand the most we dont know the power of the weapons compared and i think Boba's helmet is deffinatly better than MC's plus his armour isnt covered in weapons.

So, what your saying is... we cant tell whos armor is better (even tho MC has shields and a full body cover), we can't tell the power of the weapons... but you are fairly certain that Boba has a better helmet?  I would love to hear the rationale behind this.

Mostly, i give it to MC because he pulls off manuevers and heroic feats that make you say, "That could never happen because of how awesome it is." While most of the stuff Boba does is, "Wow that was cool because it could actually pulled off." But thats just my thought.

Eh Boba's helmet is so much more technical it can let him see behind him heat vision cna take servier punishment Infer red etc etc.  We dont know what metals are used and wiche would be stronger and how powerful weapns from halo compared to weapons from star wars. Boba has performed many feats that i thought impossible single handedly flying a star destroyer, outsmarting 2 of the smartest droids ever, defeating an entire imperial garrison etc etc.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

IG-88 wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

Do we actually know who's armour can withstand the most we dont know the power of the weapons compared and i think Boba's helmet is deffinatly better than MC's plus his armour isnt covered in weapons.

So, what your saying is... we cant tell whos armor is better (even tho MC has shields and a full body cover), we can't tell the power of the weapons... but you are fairly certain that Boba has a better helmet?  I would love to hear the rationale behind this.

Mostly, i give it to MC because he pulls off manuevers and heroic feats that make you say, "That could never happen because of how awesome it is." While most of the stuff Boba does is, "Wow that was cool because it could actually pulled off." But thats just my thought.

Eh Boba's helmet is so much more technical it can let him see behind him heat vision cna take servier punishment Infer red etc etc.  We dont know what metals are used and wiche would be stronger and how powerful weapns from halo compared to weapons from star wars. Boba has performed many feats that i thought impossible single handedly flying a star destroyer, outsmarting 2 of the smartest droids ever, defeating an entire imperial garrison etc etc.

Seeing as an ordinary human being in Halo can be shot at point blank range with the plasma pistol or rifle in the head and survive, and the other weapons are mere projectile weapons or rocket launchers (which I'm not currently counting) then I think its reasonable to assume that a Stormtrooper's blaster is more powerful than a Covenant Plasma Rifle.

And I was just thinking throughout today about the

FetterThanYou wrote:

Mostly, i give it to MC because he pulls off manuevers and heroic feats that make you say, "That could never happen because of how awesome it is." While most of the stuff Boba does is, "Wow that was cool because it could actually pulled off." But thats just my thought.

part.


I think that in actual fact with the Master Chief I either thought "How stupid." or "Wow that could actually be pulled off" (m ainly the first one.) Whereas with Fett you're more like (I'm thinking about that Star Wars Tales where he sets the guy with the shield on fire) "I'm not sure I woulda thought of that, thats great."

Also I think I'm in a very good position to judge the Master Chief seeing as I've read all the novels, completed both games on Legendary and read the "Art of Halo Book." If I wasn't more interested in completing my "Tales Of The Jedi" collection I'd have read the Graphic Novel too. Unfortunately its grossly overpriced here in England... sad

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

You probably wont belive this but my brothers friend Harry is no 1 in europe at Halo 2 tongue. Anyway Boba has drew with Vader and has killed numerous Jedi. I think a Jedi could kill master chief so Boba could.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Humorbot5 wrote:

and even if MC managed to recharge his shield Boba would realise how this worked and just keep taking pot shots at him so that it wouldn't go up again. He'd just keep at it until such a time as he can get close enough to blow the Master Chief up or disintergrate him.

He might as well be some guy in a suit.

So really in your situation the MC is just watching as Boba runs circles around him... which to anyone who has any real knowledge of MC would know wouldn't happen. Even if Boba would win (which theres an even chance of) he would definately not destroy the MC with ease.

Humorbot5 wrote:

I think that in actual fact with the Master Chief I either thought "How stupid." or "Wow that could actually be pulled off" (m ainly the first one.) Whereas with Fett you're more like (I'm thinking about that Star Wars Tales where he sets the guy with the shield on fire) "I'm not sure I woulda thought of that, thats great."

So you think anybody could suck themselves into space carrying a giant bomb, aim themselves through a crack in a ship, arm the bomb, kick themselves away and land on a friendly ship?

Last time i checked that was pretty amazing.

And yes Boba does some genius things, but as i've mentioned before, MC is not a mental pushover. He can hold his ground againt the top military geniuses of the future. Plus he has even more intel with Cortana, but he definately does not need her to function.

Humorbot5 wrote:

Seeing as an ordinary human being in Halo can be shot at point blank range with the plasma pistol or rifle in the head and survive, and the other weapons are mere projectile weapons or rocket launchers (which I'm not currently counting) then I think its reasonable to assume that a Stormtrooper's blaster is more powerful than a Covenant Plasma Rifle.

You can't really go by that, because in the books, people are taken out by one plasma blast, and in the star wars games people can take alot more than 1 blaster bolt before they die. Its all just set up due to the circumstance.

So what i'm really trying to say is we have no idea whose weapons are stronger, so you can't base a prediction on that.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

That was what i was saying and you said it didnt make sense!

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Humorbot5 wrote:

and even if MC managed to recharge his shield Boba would realise how this worked and just keep taking pot shots at him so that it wouldn't go up again. He'd just keep at it until such a time as he can get close enough to blow the Master Chief up or disintergrate him.

He might as well be some guy in a suit.

So really in your situation the MC is just watching as Boba runs circles around him... which to anyone who has any real knowledge of MC would know wouldn't happen. Even if Boba would win (which theres an even chance of) he would definately not destroy the MC with ease.

Well I'm imagining this in one of those rooms from "The Silent Cartographer" on Halo 1. Boba has a billion places to hide in there. He has all the weapons he needs at his disposal. Believe it or not Master Chief is only powerful against an enemy which is fighting him directly. Boba would fly around hitting MC and hiding again. These Guerilla tactics would mean thta Boba would win. General tatics or not Guerilla tactics are the best tactics. And quite frankly the Americans couldn't utilize them if the World depended on it. Just look at Vietnam. You got the American Army the most technologically advanced army in the World against some Tribesman. Thinking about that. Who do you think would've won, just from that.

The Americans of course.
But they didn't win, did they. They were sucked into a war that lasted too long and had a great loss of life.
And it was all thanks to Guerilla tactics used by the Vietcong.

Now from various stories we can see that Fett is very likely to use Guerilla tactics if he's facing something he couldnlt beat directly.
I think that gives Fett the winning advantage regardless of the weapons the Master Chief has.

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Humorbot5 wrote:

I think that in actual fact with the Master Chief I either thought "How stupid." or "Wow that could actually be pulled off" (m ainly the first one.) Whereas with Fett you're more like (I'm thinking about that Star Wars Tales where he sets the guy with the shield on fire) "I'm not sure I woulda thought of that, thats great."

So you think anybody could suck themselves into space carrying a giant bomb, aim themselves through a crack in a ship, arm the bomb, kick themselves away and land on a friendly ship?

Last time i checked that was pretty amazing.

And yes Boba does some genius things, but as i've mentioned before, MC is not a mental pushover. He can hold his ground againt the top military geniuses of the future. Plus he has even more intel with Cortana, but he definately does not need her to function.

Yeah I played the game. I saw the clip.
I saw it when it was a trailer as well.

Its stupidly unlikely. He didn't even look out the window how could he possibly have worked out how where the Covenant ship was heading.
It just generally made me think. That was trying to be so amazing, and yet.... urgh.

I'm not arguing with you, yes he did some cool things, but he was just too perfect. Its boring...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Very well argued nice work and Boba could beat MC head on just nto as easily.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Mandalorian wrote:

I didn't even read the first entry, but if anyone is suggesting that Master Chief would even put up a decent fight, they should be slapped.

what makes you think mc would'nt put up a good  fight? on the contrary, mc is not going down without a HUGE fight. what makes you think fett can kill mc so easily?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Boba would totally kick *** no doubt

master chief would be lucky to make it out with arms

yeah...

"Who's more fool the fool, or the fool who follows him?"- Ben Kenobi
Yeah...

65 (edited by Boba Fett91 Thursday, November 9, 2006 3:10 pm)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Totally Boba would kill him and all other Halo characters

"Who's more fool the fool, or the fool who follows him?"- Ben Kenobi
Yeah...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

ok over the whole armor thing in halo once your sheilds are gone your gone unless you can hide behind something so armor doesnt seem to do much good and so you can pretty much put them equal as to armor protection. also lets not forget that when boba fett shot his laser at luke and missed it put a crater in the wall the rifles only put small holes or holes in a wall like that.

but what would probably realy happen is the chief and boba would become allys and a spartan plus a mandalorian equals a republic commando so that what should be in halo 3 lol

http://games.kikizo.com/media/starwars_ … ew/04c.jpg

The jedi have defied the laws of physics for the last time. countless awsome villians have died. now they must be punished. . .

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

I agree with SGT-BOB
Yeah...

"Who's more fool the fool, or the fool who follows him?"- Ben Kenobi
Yeah...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

This is probably yhe last thing i'll say since im starting to realize that this topic is starting to go into the "Boba would win... just because" area.

MC is not completely devoid of any guerilla tactics and stealth abilities. In the first book, he and his squad as children became almost invisible in a training room, completely obliterating a squad of hardcore soldiers. This happeneing without a single shot being fired.

So i guess in the end I still give it to the MC. Of course Boba would probably take him to an inch of his life, but in the end my money is on MC walking out of it alive.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

69 (edited by Humorbot5 Friday, November 10, 2006 9:54 am)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

I can't believe I forgot about that.

Still the black suits they were weaing in there are very different to the green clunky metal stuff they wear now.
Still on the plus side I was actually making proper arguments and not just "cos he's great" ones.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

ARC Fett wrote:

The armor jsut makes them better, the Mark 6 armor is even better the the Mark 5.

Yeah but metal no matter who's wearing it, makes more noise than cloth and Shiny Green is less stealthy than black...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Humorbot5 wrote:

Still on the plus side I was actually making proper arguments and not just "cos he's great" ones.

I know, and i appreciate that. I was refering to some other people... They know who they are. You're all on THE LIST

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

72 (edited by Boba Fett91 Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:25 am)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

"Yeah but metal no matter who's wearing it, makes more noise than cloth and Shiny Green is less stealthy than black..."
1 Boba's armor is not shiny green it's dull green
2 It depends where they fight coz if it was in a jungle green armor is better than black
and besides MC wears too much armor he'd never catch up with Boba

"Who's more fool the fool, or the fool who follows him?"- Ben Kenobi
Yeah...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

Boba Fett91 wrote:

"Yeah but metal no matter who's wearing it, makes more noise than cloth and Shiny Green is less stealthy than black..."
1 Boba's armor is not shiny green it's dull green
2 It depends where they fight coz if it was in a jungle green armor is better than black
and besides MC wears to much armor he'd never catch up with Boba

I was talking about Master Chief's armor.....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Boba Fett vs. Master Chief

I meant to do that
heh heh...
Yeah...

"Who's more fool the fool, or the fool who follows him?"- Ben Kenobi
Yeah...