Topic: HK-47 vs. IG-88

I'd love to see this fight smile

Who do you think would win?

This is kind of hard to figure out. Both are assassins, and both are self sentient. They're both equally smart, in my opinion, so brain power's not a problem. Plus, both are walking weapon factories, so fire power isn't a problem either.

I'd have to go with HK. He's a psycho, plus he's more agile than IG, he can probably out maneuver him.  IG's a bit clunky.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: HK-47 vs. IG-88

I vote for IG-88 because the only person I remember defeating one was Boba Fett.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

My vote goes to IG-88 because their were actually four of them so I like the odds of 4 to 1.

IG is smarter than Hk i dont remember any other driods actually taking control of the second death star and formulating a plan to take over the galaxy. IG is also very agile at the start of his story in BHW he was fast enough to dodge the attacks or make sure the shots hit him were the armor was thickest.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

IG-88 wrote:

IG is smarter than Hk i dont remember any other driods actually taking control of the second death star and formulating a plan to take over the galaxy. IG is also very agile at the start of his story in BHW he was fast enough to dodge the attacks or make sure the shots hit him were the armor was thickest.

Hell yeah

I vote IG-88 only because Hk-47 got taken down by T3-M4, and i think he is a little too cocky for his own good.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

wizardofcars wrote:

My vote goes to IG-88 because their were actually four of them so I like the odds of 4 to 1.

But HK-47 had his "offspring" of the whole FACTORY of HK-51s.  Not to mention he's been blown up who knows HOW many times and he keeps coming back, so my money's on the Meatbag-hatin' machine.

"Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!" -HK-47

I vote for HK-47 because he is really good in KotOR, and I don't think IG-88 was that great even though I read his story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. And wizardofcars, the battle is only IG-88 vs. HK-47, not all four IG's against HK-47. Lord Revan would probably also vote for HK-47. Hey, did anyone notice that HK-47 sounds like the gun AK-47?

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Appo, i'm 99.999999% sure thats where the name came from =/

And although HK is completely awesome, easily one of the greatest characters ever, he just doesn't have the reasoning capacity that IG-88 has. Plus, 88 is more than 47...

Hail to the King Baby!!

IG-88 would have slaughtered HK-47 if technology in Star Wars followed a logical form of progression, but for some strange reason...everything stays the same for centuries and centuries (or close enough anyway.)

As much as I love HK, I lean towards IG-88 in the fight because HK was always following someone else's orders while IG-88 brought about his own self awareness and served no one...ever. But they're both awesome.

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

I don't know a lot about IG-88 so I'm more inclined to go with HK. Besides HK would have to stand for Hunter-Killer surely? (Ah a Terminator reference) big_smile

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

what if HK stood for Heckler & Koch?  /shifty

who would win in a fight?  i don't know.

personality?  hk wins that one.  ig is cold and boring.  hk at least makes your last few moments interesting with his rapier wit.

saint_nasty wrote:

what if HK stood for Heckler & Koch?  /shifty

who would win in a fight?  i don't know.

personality?  hk wins that one.  ig is cold and boring.  hk at least makes your last few moments interesting with his rapier wit.

Yeah, I like it when he says, "Statement: I am ready to serve, master."

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

[quandry] i'm not really sure if you're being sarcastic or not...  if you are, that droll wit isn't translating well across the internets.  if not, rock on.

[elated response] It appears I am not the only one who finds this style of talk amusing.

Hail to the King Baby!!

Fetterthanyou wrote:

[elated response] It appears I am not the only one who finds this style of talk amusing.

[Reply] It appears you aren't, meatbag.
[Opinion] HK-47 kicks IG-88's shiny metal butt!
[End of post] That is all, meatbags.

Lol there was no need for that lol. Hk wouldnt stand a chance aginst a far superior droid.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

18 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:27 am)

Irritated Answer: Oh, Yes there was. Must I remind you that HK-47 survived for 3,939 odd years. Meatbag.

"This IS my signature."

star wars galaxies doesn't count.  that game was so messed up not just in playability, but in continuity too.

Lord Revan wrote:

Irritated Answer: Oh, Yes there was. Must I remind you that HK-47 survived for 3,939 odd years. Meatbag.

Statement: I wasn't wrong when I said that Revan would agree with me.
Idea: HK-47 fans, let's all call IG fans meatbags on this thread so that they will become so sick of it that they will become HK fans like us. J/k, j/k! But you IG-88 fans still are meatbags.
Opinion: I still say that HK beats IG any day! Also, IG-88 looks kinda stupid to me. His head looks too weird.

The stupidity of his head has nothing to do with this. So what your saying is that technolegy gets worse over time?

Answer: No, that is not what he said, he merely stated that HK could probably beat IG.
Statement: Although I do have to agree with him about his head. It's a re-used cantina prop.

"This IS my signature."

Commander Appo wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:

Statement: I wasn't wrong when I said that Revan would agree with me.
Idea: HK-47 fans, let's all call IG fans meatbags on this thread so that they will become so sick of it that they will become HK fans like us. J/k, j/k! But you IG-88 fans still are meatbags.
Opinion: I still say that HK beats IG any day! Also, IG-88 looks kinda stupid to me. His head looks too weird.

Question: What's wrong with liking IG-88? Fine if we're meatbags, then you're fruitbags!

Yeah you tell em Gustavo! I'll hide in the corner. But anywho hk-47 didnt nearly overtake the universe did he?

25 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Saturday, February 3, 2007 6:37 pm)

Lol. Anyways I can;t answer your question because I don't know much about HK-47, other than the fact that IG-88 would totally blow him apart into spare lawnmower parts.