Topic: Osama bin Laden is dead!

Any thoughts?

Re: Osama bin Laden is dead!

Even al-Qaeda is confirming it.

Silly conspiracy theorists who say he's not dead simply because photos haven't been released.

Why would the government lie about killing Bin Laden?

Karson Fett wrote:

Why would the government lie about killing Bin Laden?

Lots of reasons, but I buy it.

I was at work when this happened and everyone and everything stopped for an hour wo watch the news that night.

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

So what now? Do we pull out of the middle east?

Karson, he's not the only reason we're there, but I'm sure the troop drawdown will be fast and soon.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Your right the reason we are there is for oil.

and to spread democracy

And to fight terrorism where it comes from, rather than when it comes to us.

We aren't fighting anybody. We are only a police force.

I knew several people that have died in combat that might disagree with you.

12 (edited by Karson Fett Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:18 pm)

Okay, let me explain what I meant so you can figure it out. I'll try to use small words and sentences.

We. As in the United States of America's Armed Forces, are in the middle east.

The Middle East is the part of the world that countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran are.

The United States of America is not at war with any of these countries.

The military of the United States of America has not invaded the countries.

The military of the United States is acting as a police force and training force for these countries.

Yes, there are gun fights in the countries.

Yes, there are people that have died in these countries.

These people that have died have been American citizens.

These people that have died have mostly been all American Marines and Army men.

The Marines and Army men are unable to preform the task that they have been given because of politics.

Do you understand know?

Karson Fett wrote:

We aren't fighting anybody.

Karson Fett wrote:

Yes, there are gun fights in the countries.

Thank you.

14 (edited by Karson Fett Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:19 pm)

Officially, we are not fighting anyone. You know exactly what I mean. We are "defending" these areas.

1fight verb
foughtfight·ing
Definition of FIGHT

intransitive verb
to contend in battle or physical combat; especially : to strive to overcome a person by blows or weapons

16 (edited by Karson Fett Sunday, May 22, 2011 6:28 pm)

Thanks Danial.

Karson, thanks for bringing up all of these points here. But there's a handful of concerns I see with your argument here.

Karson Fett wrote:

It was an undeclared war, just like Vietnam and countless other events. (The last declared war was World War II.)

On September 22, 2001, Bush began an undeclared war on Afghanistan. (Source: CNN). The declaration of war on Iraq was March 20, 2003. (Source: CNN)

This is debatable. The U.S. went into Iraq under the pretense of "weapons of mass destruction," but never found such weapons.

Plus countless more civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. (Source: Wikipedia

The Marines and Army men are unable to preform the task that they have been given because of politics.

Last I checked, the U.S. military serves the commander in chief. If the tasks change, due to (hopefully) informed political decisions, they follow orders.

I hope some of this was helpful for forming your opinions. smile

Founder/Editor, BFFC

18 (edited by Karson Fett Monday, May 23, 2011 6:30 pm)

BFFC Admin wrote:

Karson, thanks for bringing up all of these points here. But there's a handful of concerns I see with your argument here.

Karson Fett wrote:

It was an undeclared war, just like Vietnam and countless other events. (The last declared war was World War II.)

^These are classified as conflicts.^

On September 22, 2001, Bush began an undeclared war on Afghanistan. (Source: CNN). The declaration of war on Iraq was March 20, 2003. (Source: CNN)

This is debatable. The U.S. went into Iraq under the pretense of "weapons of mass destruction," but never found such weapons.

Plus countless more civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. (Source: Wikipedia

The United States is the only country that is putting their troops in harms way.

What I meant was, the US Armed Forces are the only group that does any police work.

Last I checked, the U.S. military serves the commander in chief. If the tasks change, due to (hopefully) informed political decisions, they follow orders.

I hope some of this was helpful for forming your opinions. smile

The United States Military serves the United States Constitution...

Karson Fett wrote:

That's sortof the first part of it, I just looked up. Your verb there is kinda irregular.

For the sake of reference, the literal oath is the following: "I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Anyway...

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

That's sortof the first part of it, I just looked up. Your verb there is kinda irregular.

For the sake of reference, the literal oath is the following: "I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Anyway...

I knew what this oath said, my father was in the Army.

The way this oath is worded though, if the president does something that endangers the Constitution, then the president's authority is nullified.

Also the last part of the oath "according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice..." means that the men and women in the military are not covered by the Constitution, but rather the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Karson Fett wrote:

The way this oath is worded though, if the president does something that endangers the Constitution, then the president's authority is nullified.

I dunno about nullified, but they can certainly be impeached.

Karson Fett wrote:
BFFC Admin wrote:
Karson Fett wrote:

Anyway...

I knew what this oath said, my father was in the Army.

Also the last part of the oath "according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice..." means that the men and women in the military are not covered by the Constitution, but rather the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Actually, the President can declare a state of emergency and scrap the Constitution at anytime.

Yes  !! lots of Lost Souls will rest now
But it's a shame they didn't get that Egyptian who plotted Sadat's
Murder he is a very evil Man also and I think one of the main plotters
too .
And see how that part of the World is changing they want freedom too
bats

The fact still remains, the United States Armed Forces are defenders of the Constitution, not the government.

you say tomato, i say same difference