Topic: new forum layout

i gotta say aaron, i am totally digging this new layout!

Re: new forum layout

It's............different

The 'Recent Posts' link isn't working I've noticed

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I don't think it's there to stay... methinks the boss is working on something.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Had to quickly hack something together with the upgrade to the message board app. This design will keep changing when I have a moment to work on it. Sorry it's such a mess.

I fixed "Recent Posts" on the home page. All of the URLs are now different. Better for the long haul.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

5 (edited by Terra Monday, July 19, 2010 3:19 am)

It's when we see it like this that we realize the hard work that's been put on the layout design. Hide this, replace that, set all the margins right. 14 years. Must have been so much work. There's always a bug here and there with these things. I don't know how you could keep this giant going smoothly for so long, it's cool. smile

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

6 (edited by Miba Monday, July 19, 2010 2:52 pm)

I quite agree with Terra, it's a lot of hard work to get it to look as great as you do.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Agreed; can't wait to have the custom design back up and running.  Look forward to navigating the new upgrades as they arrive

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Thanks!

smile

Hope it's not too bad to deal with for the time being. Lots of CSS (cascading style sheets) to wrangle here.

Already added four built-in features that shouldn't degrade like the other did, including private messages and per-post karma.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

The new boards are.............sleek

10 (edited by Terra Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:38 pm)

Can't wait to have it in order. There's a lot of crappy forums out there, while this one's really cool...

...but sometimes it's tough to just post now, lol.

(sorry about my impatience, lol, I just love this place...) tongue

Yeah, new designs have flaws for a bit. It should be back to normal soon...as far as working order goes

12 (edited by Terra Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:24 pm)

There must be a lot of little margins and widths and heights to set. Everything that looks odd now is just all these little places where he usually put the customizations, like the smilies and stuff. Must suck to have to redo the little specifications all over again one by one.

It's getting closer to our usual BFFC already, so it's great. Wish I was such a CSS/coding wizard. I just read one chapter in a book about Javascript/PHP and I'm lost already tongue

One thing I'm noticing is the smilies are super tiny.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

14 (edited by Terra Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:34 pm)

Miba wrote:

One thing I'm noticing is the smilies are super tiny.

Yeah. They appear about the size of text "M" capital letter (if you count the antenna and padding), instead of custom-sized like before. Must be difficult for the admin to find time for the forum at the moment.

We can be happy that the boards are still functioning though. Some admins would just shut everything down until it's all set. At least here, even though it's "under construction", lol, we can stay in touch and keep sharing about Boba. smile

Aaon will probably worked on all the little things at the sametime.