Re: Favorite bounty hunter (classic trilogy)?

I'd have to say Dengar

"Die? Didn't you know that Spartans never die?'- Spartan-051 "Kurt"

IG-88 wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

Eh i think you should think too.
1.Is that actually considered a proper fight they were in a confined space Dengear was having one of his mad moments and if he wasnt couldve easily just shot Boba.
2.Boba only won that because he took the blaster basically i just consider that a tiny litle scuffle.
3. I dont really think its really besting somone taking a blaster out of ther holster.
Im obviously not saying Dengar could beat Boba but im saying he is the closest bounty hunter to Boba.

proper fight? you dont have to "best" someone just in a fight. its called "outsmarting" them.
besides dengar is not the closest. Ig-88 could chew dengar up and spit him out

No way Boba destroyed 3 IG droids IG's underestimeated him and he owned them. Dengar has genetically increased strength speed and stamina and is afraid of nothing.

Quote- gun pointing at Dengar "Go ahead i have nothing to lose" - Dengar Tales of the bounty hunters

and wat do you think would have happened if ig-88 fought dengar?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I like Dengar but wasn't Dengar killed by Mara Jade in one of the comics?  Or was that just canon...

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

No the person had a fake i.d saying he was Dengar. In a fight between IG and Dengar it would be quite close i but i think it would be Dengar.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Sev Fett wrote:

I like Dengar but wasn't Dengar killed by Mara Jade in one of the comics?  Or was that just canon...

Canon means that something actually happened.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

IG-88 wrote:

No the person had a fake i.d saying he was Dengar. In a fight between IG and Dengar it would be quite close i but i think it would be Dengar.

and why do you think Dengar would win?.

Dengar and Greedo are my favourites.

Dengar because he's a normal bloke in extraordinary circumstances. Despite (or maybe because) of all that's happened to him, he's casual, rude, crude and cynical. Aloof professionalism is all very well, but personality is much more fun.

Greedo because he looks like a little green mousie.

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

I agree with what they said. Dengar has hightened senses, strength, speed, stealth, and intelligence.

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

I agree with what they said. Dengar has hightened senses, strength, speed, stealth, and intelligence.

but have you read tales of the bounty hunters? ig-88 can view things a lot slower than humans do, so he can move really fast. besides, is this against 1 ig-88 or all of them?

besides ig-88 is a better bounty hunter. he wouldve got to solo days before dengar would've.

also bossk can probably eat dengar.

110 (edited by IG-88 Sunday, January 7, 2007 1:57 pm)

Dengar against Bossk would be no contest Bossk is sadly a little thick. IG only got there first because Boba let him put a tracker on Slave 1 then Boba owned IG. Plus Dengar only got there after IG because Boba tampered with his ship and Boba himself said Dengar was dangerous, he obviously tampered with his ship because he thought of him as a more dangerous rival.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

IG-88 wrote:

Dengar against Bossk would be no contest Bossk is sadly a little thick. IG only got there first because Boba let him put a tracker on Slavew 1 then Boba owned IG. Plus Dengar only got there after IG because Boba tampered with his ship and Boba himself said Dengar was dangerous, he obviously tampered with his ship because he thouhgt of him as a mroe dangerous rival.

nicely argued. and i changed my mind about bossk, now that i think of it hes a little wuss and dengar could probably kill him.

Thanks personaly i think IG would be second best after Dengar.

IG-88 wrote:

Thanks personaly i think IG would be second best after Dengar.

lol of course, ig-88 could rip apart zuckuss, 4-lom and bossk. not at the same time, but 1 on 1.

since we're open to the entire original trilogy, i'm going to have to say after boba fett, my favorite bounty hunter would have to be dannik jeriko.  he's the hookah smoking anzati in the mos eisley cantina, and while technically not a bounty hunter, he's still very cool, and very scary if you read his story in tales of the mos eisley cantina.

because you ruled out episodes 1, 2 and 3 and boba, then i would hav 2 say dengar, definately (uk)

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

116 (edited by Dexor Fett Sunday, January 7, 2007 7:55 am)

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

but have you read tales of the bounty hunters? ig-88 can view things a lot slower than humans do, so he can move really fast. besides, is this against 1 ig-88 or all of them?

besides ig-88 is a better bounty hunter. he wouldve got to solo days before dengar would've.

also bossk can probably eat dengar.

bossk would never have the guts to eat dengar (2nd best bounty hunter (that i know) )

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

Boba has described Dengar as second rate in a semi-canon source. I would say that Kenix Kil, Cassus Fett, Aurra Sing, Jodo Kast, or D'har'han would be the second greatest bounty hunter of all time.

no offense, but wenever i submit an incorrect post, it's allways you that comments, draco

I am not saying that your post was incorrect, I am just stating my opinion. Also, I think that I happen to be on this site more than a few other members, so I may be the first to respond.

Just because Boba described him as second rate dosent mean he is. D'harhan didnt really do anything special. how much information do you have on Cassus Fett? I didnt know there was much.

I am not saying that that means that he is not great. Anyone that Boba chose to work with on multiple occasions has to be great. The small amount of information that was given, states that he was one of the greatest assassins.

Ok. Thanks for the info Cassus sounds really good.

i think draco was referring to dengar in his last post.  cassus was around 4000-ish years before boba, you have to option to buy his armor in knights of the old republic, afaik, that's all the info on the guy, unless there's a wookieepedia on the guy that i'm way too lazy to go check.

124 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, January 9, 2007 1:00 pm)

No, I was refering to Cassus. I remember reading in either the New Essential Guide to Chronology or the information that was given when you buy his armor and/or gun. It is possible, that I am wrong.

125 (edited by saint_nasty Tuesday, January 9, 2007 5:24 pm)

the working with boba on multiple occassions part was what i was referring to, that was about dengar, right?  it'd be kinda hard for cassus to team up with boba, generation gap and all that