26 (edited by Seco Fett Thursday, February 5, 2009 8:21 pm)

Re: Where do you go to school?

Man. I'd die to work at the GAP in Tokyo! But you're right, 2,400,000 yen a year is nothing in Tokyo. What are you're housing arrangements?(if you don't mind my asking. wink )

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

Eh, the fasions there are overrated. I see images of their so called trends and cringe. Granted, I'm not into any trendy clothes, but those are especially bad.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

28 (edited by tachyonblade Friday, February 6, 2009 5:58 am)

Seco Fett wrote:

Man. I'd die to work at the GAP in Tokyo! But you're right, 2,400,000 yen a year is nothing in Tokyo. What are you're housing arrangements?(if you don't mind my asking. wink )

The idea of working at the Gap in Tokyo, I agree, is really cool. I speak Japanese all day and hang out selling clothes. The reality is a bit different. I live in a descent apartment with my wife but she basically puts food on the table. I have to buy Gap clothing so that cuts into my already meagre income. I am lucky that I get a chance to do something that few westerners do but I just wish the conditions were a little better. I would really like to be a full-time artist...but that is probably going to have to wait for the next life.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

Eh, the fasions there are overrated. I see images of their so called trends and cringe. Granted, I'm not into any trendy clothes, but those are especially bad.

I agree, but I look at this subject from a very specific perspective. I did my master's thesis on fashion and identity in Tokyo. It's complex and the thesis is super dull reading but in general you are right. The fashion thing here is way overrated. And to be honest most people here are clones. They follow whatever is popular at any given time and change their style when the wind changes direction. That's one reason why I am working for the Gap. It's not too trendy and you can mix and match easily. I worked for Ralph Lauren here in Tokyo a few years back and that was hell.

I am an artist at heart so I tend to be pretty simple when it comes to my own style so I don't worry to much about the trends.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

Whew!! I've been to quite a number of schools in my life but to keep it simple I'll stick with colleges. I've been to UNC Charlotte and Chapel Hill as an undergraduate and UNC Greensboro as a graduate student . Later I hope to go to UNC Central to work towards a teaching license.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Yeah I know the fashions there arn't too hot, but hey, It sure beats working at a concessions stand!

Seco Fett wrote:

Yeah I know the fashions there arn't too hot, but hey, It sure beats working at a concessions stand!

Ya got me there.:)

"D'oh!"

My sister said if they ever filmed another TV show that was called something like "Hell's Kitchen", The Tater Stand East would be it. LOL I'm glad I've never had to work in that particular stand. LOL