1 (edited by Ursula Friday, February 10, 2006 7:42 pm)

Topic: SW Insider #86 Gets the Nod

A wonderful day indeed.  New Fett Boards, AND, the new issue of SW Insider.
This is a MUST read !  Not like the developers of Lucas products , or the Flanneled One, need my approval of what ever they do (nor do the seek it out even on a limited basis), but I give them a serious Nod for this! 

The development of the Mandalorain culture is really interesting. You're not born into it so much as you stand up for the count. It's kind of like a big nomadic gang, and everyone has wicked cool armor.

Ursula

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: SW Insider #86 Gets the Nod

I got my Insider too but I haven't read it yet, I just skimmed the article and saw.... a female Mandalorian! big_smile That's cool, and gives us something to base armor off of and proves they exist. And some learning of the Mandalorian language, which is so cool cause I love languages, and I could possibly do a Mandalorian Dictionary when I get back the ability to update my site. (I've been having problems with that for the past few months)

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

You're more than welcome to contribute here in the meantime. The new "knowledge base," to be released like this board in coming weeks, already has some material contributed by Karen Travis and the Mandalorian language.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

I've never read an Insider before, but I'm excited to see this one.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I've never read an Insider before, but I'm excited to see this one.

Nor have I, as am I.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Hi Draco!

BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

Hi Draco!

Hello BFFC Chrys(or would you rather still be called Miss Chrys?)!

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Don't you have to be member of Hyperspace (Official Star Wars fan club @ starwars.com) to get the magazine though? Or can anyone buy it...like at CVS or maybe Barnes & Nobles?

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I know not many stores carry Insider these days. Used to be you could even find it at Wal-Mart (that's where I got my very first Insider, that was Insider 51, I think). I saw one at Borders once a while back, but I don't know if they still carry it. And I don't think you can get just the magazine without the Hyperspace. But, if you do sign up for Hyperspace put me as a referal or something if there's a box (put Miba) cause there's a contest out right now that if you get five or more people to sign up for Hyperspace you get a bounty hunter tshirt.

Chrys is just fine.  smile

The bookstore where I live sells Star Wars Insider, and usually the little grocery store has it too (which amazes me.)  I would just check around if I were you.

BFFC Moderator

Well, I looked into signing up for Hyperspace along time ago and it seemed way to expensive, heh. Guess I'll just have to try my luck at Barnes & Nobles (No Borders in my town).
Maybe someone would be kind enough to scan in the article if they have access to a scanner??

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Whenever you sign up for the Star Wars Insider, they automatically hook you up with the Hyperspace stuff now.  As for book stores, I know that most comic book stores, Barnes and Nobles, and Walden Books sells the Star Wars Insider in their magazine sections.  Hope this helps.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

I'd scan the article, but my scanner won't run with my computer right now and by time I get my new computer (sometime in the next few weeks, I hope, my dad'll be mailing it soon) you'll prolly already have seen the article and if not, I'd scan it for you then.

Ah, well, hopefully I'll be able to get to Barnes & Nobles this weekend. I hope there are lots of good reference pictures in it, I'd like to draw a female Mandalorian...
And I appreciate the thought, Miba. smile

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

15 (edited by Miba Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:49 pm)

smile You're welcome.  And, as far as I can remember, there's at least three images of female Mandalorians. Both have really cool armor! Both Mandalorians, there's one pic of one and two of the other.

I wish we could live like Mandalorians, have our own clan, we would rule!

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

thesithlord wrote:

I wish we could live like Mandalorians, have our own clan, we would rule!

We could do a "clan" system on the forums or something like that. That would be interesting. I am not sure exactly how it would work or what the differences would be though... It could become confusing...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

I got my copy at Barnes & Noble.  I recommend it highly.  I think the Mandos are in pretty good hands with Ms. Traviss.

I'm not sure I'd really want to live the Mandalorian lifestyle.  I mean, I like to go camping and all, but not 24x7.

But I have to admits that it's tempting.  I used to do SCA, and I really liked the fighting.  And camping with armor.  Of course, once I stopped, it took 2 years for my wrists to stop hurting.  So I can definitely understand how Mandalorians have a short lifetime.

What Would Boba Do?

We don't get insider in the U.K. But we do get the star wars magazine which seems to be a few monthes behind insider(for example the last sw mag had the clone trooper article by Karen Traavis which was in insider a few monthes ago). So hopefuly, in a few monthes Star Wars mag will have the mando article

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

I got mine today at Walden Books. I really enjoyed the Mandalorian article, as well as the one on General Grievous's past... really sad. I haven't taken the time to read up on the Mandaloorian language, but I'm sure it's really insightful.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

The Mandalorian language article was really cool, but it didn't have enough vocab words, and there were a few problems I found with it (can't remember them at the moment).

BFFC Moderator

i like darkhorse comics

What if he doesn't survive?He's worth alot to me

My GF had it and let me borrow it, it was good but everyone favors the Mandolrions for being so strong, but now they are but a little epc of dust in the puter rim. Hell the Bothowns made it lol

A clan system wouldn't be that hard.

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

BFFC Chrys wrote:

The Mandalorian language article was really cool, but it didn't have enough vocab words, and there were a few problems I found with it (can't remember them at the moment).

Yeah that is rather dissapointing... but I just bought SW: RC Triple Zero yesterday and in the back is a glossary of some common Mandalorian words; it's more extensive than the artcile. smile

-BFFC Manji aka Jess