Topic: Upgrades Throughout August/September

Head's up. The forums will be rapidly upgrading versions in the coming weeks. Just did one this morning. Things may break. Let me know. Thanks!

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

2 (edited by Terra Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:29 am)

Re: Upgrades Throughout August/September

Where's the link to access our PMs ? It seems like it disappeared. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any way to access the PM system anymore.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Ah, yes, I see that now. I'll check for an upgrade to the PM system later today.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I noticed the banner at the top is different. Unless I'm just behind on these things and hadn't noticed before. But I like it.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Miba, it's new and throughout all areas of the site now.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Just finished a major, 2-hour upgrade. Many things are back and the spam sign-up problem should be gone now.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

You asked to mention the odd things. Might be just a detail, but there seem to be smileys missing, some of them don't appear as before.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Terra, good catch. Which ones did you try or find missing?

I have it working right now with some further improvements (i.e. noses not requires).

smile, smile,=), neutral, neutral, sad, sad, big_smile, :-D, yikes, yikes, wink, hmm, tongue, lol, mad, roll, cool

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Karma seems to be down, but that's not necessarily a bad thing tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

10 (edited by Terra Monday, September 1, 2008 1:39 am)

BFFC Admin wrote:

Terra, good catch. Which ones did you try or find missing?

I have it working right now with some further improvements (i.e. noses not requires).

smile, smile,=), neutral, neutral, sad, sad, big_smile, :-D, yikes, yikes, wink, hmm, tongue, lol, mad, roll, cool

Nice, they really all seem fine now. I had a PM filled with many of them and all I could see were stretched yellow faces. They all seem to be working now.

Are they supposed to work in the chat room too? We can make tests.

wow are some of those smileys new?

Fett_II, no. Some are just less common to type, but that's the full set (with duplicates where variations are allowed, like smileys with and without noses.)

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I was just in my message box, and I didn't see the 'delete more then one message' option.  Is it missing?  or was it moved and I'm just not seeing it?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ralin, it used to be there? Even I have to delete one by one.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

There's twice a link to "Messages" on the bar.

Index, User List, *Messages*, Rules, Search, Profile, *Messages*, LogOut

Wow I hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it...

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Fixed.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

Ralin, it used to be there? Even I have to delete one by one.

Oh yeah, it WAS there up until a few days ago.  Was sort of obscure, well under the list of messages in a lighter font on the lower left.  I last used it..........like last friday I think

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Thank you for making the "edit", "delete" and "quote" links text again. The pictures were really confusing cause I could never remember which was which.

yeah, i always used to forget that the yellow flag somehow meant edit.

Miba and Fett_II, glad that helps! Hopefully having two indicators helps overall, too.

Ralin, yeah, everything got upgraded. I'll see where that link went; I keep back-up copies before upgrades.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Not a biggy

Everything else looks really sharp!  Love the pic that'a always above All the pages now; such a great shot, nice to always have it up now.

Ralin, cool. It needed more Boba Fett. I'll also rotate in new ones, to keep it fresh and fun.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Sounds good!

And btw, I noticed last night that the Rep/Karma meter is off

25 (edited by Miba Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:02 pm)

On the Karma thingie, I'm only seeing it for certain people. In this thread, for example, I only see it for Mel, FettII, Terra, and myself.

And I think the idea of rotating the picture at the top once in a while is a good one. Though I do like this picture.