Re: the greatest superhero of all time?

Ursula wrote:

It's the heavy breathing thing:  he sounds in need of a nebulizer treatment.  Plus, he's very bright and shiney, and high strung.  He pouts when he doesn't get his way.  Total mama's boy.  I like my men a little more independent, and patient.

wink

TOTAL MOMA"S BOY!!!!! i think that is taking it a little far, he left his mother in the past once he became Darth Vader and no he doesn't pout when he doesn't get his way....! His lack of patience is part of his charactor and for the independent thing....he killed his master, what would u call that!!?!!!

{MW} MS9 cool

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

Ursula wrote:
True Warrior wrote:

Because the dark side will kill you Spy!!!!Dont listen to him Ursula!!! He's evil!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:O

Agreed.  I don't like slaves to ideology.  Bat Man and Fett are both 'free thinkers'.

and for this post....i agree with this. Even though i just stood up for Vader in the last one. I never said Vader was my hero but i'm not going to let him be backstabbed......Vader is cool, but Boba waaay surpasses him. Indepencence is what makes a good charactor, i totaly agree with you there. cool

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

I didn't like Vader until Ep. III, but Evil Anakin was just so cool and so...evil-looking that I couldn't help but love it.  And it's made me more aware of how cool Vader's suit and voice is.  But he's nothing compared to Boba, because Boba has a far superior personality.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I didn't like Vader until Ep. III, but Evil Anakin was just so cool and so...evil-looking that I couldn't help but love it.  And it's made me more aware of how cool Vader's suit and voice is.  But he's nothing compared to Boba, because Boba has a far superior personality.

Nicely put....it's kinda what i said...little different wording though....made the point real clear... smile

{MW} MS9

Ursula wrote:
True Warrior wrote:

Because the dark side will kill you Spy!!!!Dont listen to him Ursula!!! He's evil!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:O

Agreed.  I don't like slaves to ideology.  Bat Man and Fett are both 'free thinkers'.

I gotta agree with that.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:
Ursula wrote:

It's the heavy breathing thing:  he sounds in need of a nebulizer treatment.  Plus, he's very bright and shiney, and high strung.  He pouts when he doesn't get his way.  Total mama's boy.  I like my men a little more independent, and patient.

wink

TOTAL MOMA"S BOY!!!!! i think that is taking it a little far, he left his mother in the past once he became Darth Vader and no he doesn't pout when he doesn't get his way....! His lack of patience is part of his charactor and for the independent thing....he killed his master, what would u call that!!?!!!

{MW} MS9 cool

Doesn't pout?  What would you call how he delt with board room pollitics in Episode IV:  "I find your lack of faith disturbing"  as he force chokes the bland little suit dude?  wink

Truthfully, I found Anakin more the 'pouter'.  It could just be Hayden's acting, but there were some very pouty moements.

And he is first, and foremost a Momma's boy.  His first TRUE taste of the darkside came when the Sandpeople kidnapped and tortured his mother.  He slew the entire camp.  Not that he wasn't justified (I'm all for an eye for an eye).  But, the fact remains, he tapped the dark side because of Smi.

Darth was a way cooler character, but knowing the other side of the story (the Anakin side) rounds him out in an interesting way.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

I think the anikan side ruined it for me.  I thought that vader was some mystical guy and we would never really know his past. (like palpatine)  Hayden was the worst actor for a vader i think because he turned vader into a wuss for me

Jawa Java: The Starbucks of Tatooine

well, we did find out palpatines past.

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

THE FLASH wrote:

i hate the new cosutme, i hate the new powers, i hate how he is written like iron man's sidekick, i hate him been part of the avengers, i hate how mary jane seems to be in tears everyissue(what ever happend to her as a powerful strong woman?), i hate the whole registration act thing or whatever, i hate how he died and came back, etc etc.

Why can't we just have good ole red and blue spidey with his powers, and right the rest of as a bad dream?

Well i think the new powers and his joining the avengers is cool, and I like how we now discover he can't die, but everything else you mentioned also irritates me, too.

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

I don't understand  why they have to make most superhero guys wearing these tights that make them look like they are gay, or something.....soo annoying.  Make someone normal for a change, marvel!!!!

{MW} MS9

Yeah! It makes 'm look like figgen Pansies. And another thing, WHY CANT ANYONE TELL SUPERMAN FROM CLARK KENT!!!!?? IT'S SOOOO OBVIOUS!!

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Because he needs a "secret" identity the audience could easily recognize. It simplifies it I suppose

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

I remember a very long time ago (early to mid 90s I think) and I saw an episode of Superman on tv and in it people thought Clark Kent was Superman and then he was giving this speech and somehow he managed to have Superman come in while he was giving the speech so people could see them standing together so they'd know that they were different people. I forget how that was pulled off though, cause I was a little kid and don't remember what happened next.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Oh......ya know what, I saw that happen with another hero......I forgot who, maybe batman?

But originaly......Clark Kent's glasses was his protection from his ,I guess, fake identity...........ya know what I'm talkin about.

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Yeah, I remember in that same tv series that he said his glasses were plain glass, not a special glass to help him see cause he doesn't really need glasses.

Superman's a panzy!!!!

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Yeah, I used to like him when I was a kid, but now I think he's too much of a pretty-boy.

They tried to make him the ultimate superhero...his title gives that away...but they failed with me at least...leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth for an all powerful,flying superman. Miba's right, a pretty-boy he is....

{MW} MS9

Ph34r wrote:

Superman's a panzy!!!!

Truer words have never been spoken.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I'm glad to know that there are so many more smart people out there who agree with me on Superman's worthyness of being the greatest superher.....peace out.

{MW} MS9 cool

I like superman, i#'ll rephrase i ilike what he stands for.

But he isnt in the same leauge as any of the Flashes.

Woo and it is only a month till the relaunch of the flash

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Flash has some awesome villians.

Cicada, Girder, and Murmer to name a few.

But Magenta is lame. Am I supposed to feel sorry for her? I don't.

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

The Flash does have some pretty awesome villians. Some very stupid, some very awesome.

Murmur is a great villaim, but the best, well most intersting is Zoom, aka Hunter Zolomon

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Speaking of super heroes:
"If spider man can do whatever a spider can does that mean he has trouble getting out of the bath?"
"What about his natural fear of newspapers?"
Sorry I just had to add that. I got it from a flash I saw a while back.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)