Re: How old are you?

You guys are lucky. You actually HAVE birthdays every year. The next time I can actually celebrate it on the right day will be 2012.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

You guys are lucky. You actually HAVE birthdays every year. The next time I can actually celebrate it on the right day will be 2012.

0_o

you lost me.....

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Its called a leap year...only happens once every 4 years.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

interesting. so when do you celebrate your birthday all the non-leap years?

Carry on my wayward son!

I think most people move it to February 28th, don't they? I would assume they would. Easier than doing it on March 1st, cause at least with using February you keep the same month. *shrug* I've never actually met anyone born on a leap day before, least not that I remember right off.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Rep Com, clonecommandos.net, fan...

31, Capricorn

Be.

so then how old are you? 4? 5?

Miba wrote:

I think most people move it to February 28th, don't they? I would assume they would. Easier than doing it on March 1st, cause at least with using February you keep the same month.

Try saying that to my mother. I've had dozens of arguments with her over the years about it. She ALWAYS insists its March 1st because "You weren't born on February 28th!". Then I argue back that March 1st isn't my birthday either. I suppose it doesn't matter anymore anyways, since all my parties ended up being well into March due to circumstances. Anyways, I'm too young to party with people my age still, and lack friends to celebrate with as well. This is what you kids can look forward to at this age. wink

Whoa...so you dont know how old you are? That would be disorienting for me....

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

....I know exactly how old I am. And I really hate it when people go "lolol so you're 5?" because THAT got old before I was even 7.

I'm sure it did..... that must suck

What's your Mom's big deal about having it on the EXACT day??  Birthday is as much to celebrate you still being here after a year as it is to celebrate the day you got here.....or at least that's been my view on it.

Especially when you're dealing with a child.  Seems almost mean to deprive a kid of the normalcy of a annual BDay that all their friends and peers get to have over a technicality. 

Just mho

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Its just the way it worked out. My mom didn't choose to have me on that day, it just...happened. Though these days, women plan their due dates well in advance (its true). They do it by getting pregnant in specific months, at a specific part of the month, so their due dates will be near the date the want. Then they scheduel to have a C-section on that date. So there are a lot of leap year kids now that way.

Oh, I wasn't commenting on the day, I was just curious why it was such a big deal that they couldn't have just thrown you a birthday party 'around' the day you were born.  You've still been here a year.  Just seems like such a foreign concept to me that you wouldn't get a BDay party every year.......maybe it's just cause that's what i'm used to.  Can't wrap my brain around only getting BDay gifts only once every 4 years   tongue

Oh. Well, it wasn't as though I didn't get a party every year (not that I've had one in years). I was just always sick in the hospital around the time of the party.

awwwww, that really sucks

hospitals are the worst..... except for whatever lousy bug or whatever that got you stuck in one

....I know exactly how old I am. And I really hate it when people go "lolol so you're 5?" because THAT got old before I was even 7.

Heh, I almost said that, I just didn't feel like doing the math. tongue

take it easy baby take it as it comes

It's my birthday today (well tomorrow for those of you on the other side of the world), now I'm 28... scary tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Happy early Birthday, Mel!! Hope its fun.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Happy birthday Mel!!!!!!
big_smile

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

WOO! This is a good reason to PARTY! Happy Birthday Mel!

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Same....Send me some cake tongue

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

I want the corner piece. tongue

Happy birthday!

take it easy baby take it as it comes

dibs on the frosting

i will eat the candles!....wait....

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.