51

(264 replies, posted in Bounty Hunters)

Si Titran wrote:
Werda Verd wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

That's well said. Could a Mando combine colors to have more than one meaning?  Like a grey and black set of armor meaning both justice and a lost love?

\

you can. One Mando, Venku (Kad'ika), has no two plates the same. that's to honor members of his family that are dead, but still. Or black armor with gold trim would say justice is your first priority, but hint of vengeance, a promise of revenge to any who cross you, etc

Is that from the Legacy series? I have a feeling it is.

Kad'ika and his miss matched  armor is from legacy

52

(1,175 replies, posted in Fans)

all i can say is woot woot
i have a girlfriend now... saddly she is on the other side of the state from me

53

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/incrediblegifts_1990_84522595
the film on the sides
connects to the film on the reel!

54

(264 replies, posted in Bounty Hunters)

Ralin Drakus wrote:
Ale'ika Skirta wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

I hate this color system.........

I think the colors should represent your Clan, or perhapes as A_A mentioned in the chat the other day mean nothing more then you personal taste in style

The decoration and colors of Ram Zerimar's Beskar'gam are a Clan thing
Mando's choose everything about their armor, so the color system may have started out as something along the lines of what A_A said, but a group of Mando's may have put a meaning behind the color that became accepted maybe something along the lines of "Justice is blind, so i shall paint my armor black"

but the biggest reason that i can think of behind a color system is that everyone can tell what you stand for at a glance

I still like the Clan Colors system better, but your explanation does make sense.  I never thought of it in quite that way.  I was assuming this was something KT had injected as being a society wide thing and something that had always been practiced.  Thxs!

No problem vod i was just looking at things  at a practical and possible way
plus i was looking at an image of clones lined up that had the different stripes to show their job and rank

55

(12 replies, posted in Creative)

Orthar, what kind of vest would you suggest for armor attachment?

56

(264 replies, posted in Bounty Hunters)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

I hate this color system.........

I think the colors should represent your Clan, or perhapes as A_A mentioned in the chat the other day mean nothing more then you personal taste in style

The decoration and colors of Ram Zerimar's Beskar'gam are a Clan thing
Mando's choose everything about their armor, so the color system may have started out as something along the lines of what A_A said, but a group of Mando's may have put a meaning behind the color that became accepted maybe something along the lines of "Justice is blind, so i shall paint my armor black"

but the biggest reason that i can think of behind a color system is that everyone can tell what you stand for at a glance

57

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/images/2005/06/07/gnome_450x350.jpg
Gnome!

58

(264 replies, posted in Bounty Hunters)

Werda Verd wrote:

yeah, i put it a page back, which you couldn't have seen. The blue, red, and grey were new to the list, i knew green, black, and gold. Does Ordo have red armor? or is it Mereel? Cus red is suitable for either. They'd obey Kal'buir in anything, and honor him greatly

I want to say it was ordo, with mareel in blue... im about 99% on that

and i made a reference to the colors, saying the chapter they where in in KT's new book a page before you Werda

59

(52 replies, posted in Serious Geeking)

well not so much NJO because it explains things well in legacy as far as that goes

Yeah, i tried to be as specific as possible with what i was saying but at least you know the one i was talking about now...

61

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

terra wrote:

Neat!

there is video of a girl telling you how to do it on youtube
edit: the girl never made the tutorial

62

(1,175 replies, posted in Fans)

Si Titran wrote:
terra wrote:
Ale'ika Skirta wrote:

hey what about those of us who had grey hair before we where 14?
I've been sporting the Mr. Fantastic look since i was 12:P
but yeah
its not finding someone who is worthy to date me, that much i have found in the past, its them looking past the fact that i'm not a Sheb like every  other guy they know. That or the fact they seem to want to treat me like their younger/older brother even though we are the same age. Or that none are single, why are all the good women in relationships?

A great relationship makes a woman look better and be happier. Might be why we seem more attractive when we are happily taken (and therefore completely unavailable).

You're right about the grey hair idea, some even lose hair early too. Sorry about putting everyone in the same boat tongue

Thanks terra, I appreciate the kind words.  I speak from some experience when it comes to the not rushing with a bf or a gf.  I have only lost weight, and felt better about myself when things are going great with my Bf so I totaly agree there. And I can attest to the love not lasting forever. Its been sorta of a roller coaster with mine, were so in love so fast, then he got scared so he broke up with me, then realised it was a horrible mistake, and groveled at my feet. So we go back together, and while we both know we love each other its not easy I'm telling you.

sounds like my friends relationship

63

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://208.100.1.88/media_content/R4xFIGzdFg.jpg
blue eyes

64

(1,175 replies, posted in Fans)

terra wrote:

You're not aged, Si! lol. You're a beautiful young woman in her best age! 20s... That's before the wrinkles, the grey hair,

hey what about those of us who had grey hair before we where 14?
I've been sporting the Mr. Fantastic look since i was 12:P
but yeah
its not finding someone who is worthy to date me, that much i have found in the past, its them looking past the fact that i'm not a Sheb like every  other guy they know. That or the fact they seem to want to treat me like their younger/older brother even though we are the same age. Or that none are single, why are all the good women in relationships?

65

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/F/b/O/epicmoviepic8.jpg
pirates... from epic movie

66

(52 replies, posted in Serious Geeking)

See i dont find the Legacy books to be confusing, they make more sense if you read the Dark Nest Trilogy first

Werda Verd i think we are thinking of two different strikeforces
the one i am thinking of had Val Horn and kyle Katarn (sp?)  that went to couscant to get jacen,

68

(1,175 replies, posted in Fans)

terra wrote:
Ale'ika Skirta wrote:
terra wrote:

Her av seems in the same colors as yours. Yours is nice too, by the way. Do you mean it's 10 years you're dating? You certainly don't sound like you're 10 years old.

well im not ten years old, im 19 and i have had no luck dating in the past 4 years let alone 10
but it has been 10 years since i began to try and figure out the way people work

You sound kind of bitter.

I dont mean to, i'm actually a pretty happy person, i just seem to express myself in a cynical fashion

Werda Verd wrote:

i don't think she PREFERED the conc rifle, but she liked it. and, as said, mara was the Emperors hand, an Assassin who would use anything to get the job done. She gave Ben a vibroblade! It's her style. I don't see any reason why a Jedi couldn't. In "Star by Star" the Jedi strike force used blasters all the time.

the blade also had a tracking device but yeah
and look in betrayal (i think thats the one) where the strikeforce sent to get jacen seems to use everything but lightsabers

70

(52 replies, posted in Serious Geeking)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Where'd you get most of this info?  Sounds like stuff I want to be reading   big_smile

The Mandalorian Wars Mando's did activly seek war, though.  It's pretty obvious when you listen to Canderous talk about it.  And they did it as a whole, not peicemeal like most later Mandos  *Jango/Boba/others randomly looking for money through violence.....IF that's what they were doing; but that's a different debate*

Its mainly in the books KT has been writing for the legacy of the force series

71

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/cardart/TSP/Scarwood_Treefolk_640.jpg
treefol since A_A's look like people

72

(52 replies, posted in Serious Geeking)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

I still think the militaristic side of Spartan culture is the one I'd most closely associate with the Mandalorians, though.  It's true what you say about them being dis-similar as far as being open minded with outsiders *IF they fit in* and such, but no other culture that I know of was so militaristically driven.  Of course, that side of Mando culture is up for debate and is just my personal opionion.

Yeah that is understandable but there are many different military cultures in the world that just arent as well known, but the celts where my biggest connection especially after KT connected them,  mainly because they held off the romans, and then married them
and then the dance that KT has the clones doing in Triple 0 is reminiscent of the Maoi Haka

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Well, that's a big difference.  The Mando's of old activly traveled the galaxy looking to fight other cultures for little other reason then to gain Honor from their victories  *or that's how I interpret there actions.*  Modern Mando's who wish to do anything like that must venture away from their homes and travel alone; it's not a cultural thing any more. 
Add onto that the farming/mining/simple people asspct of the rest of the modern Mando's, and they have changed a lot.

The Old Mando's did  fight for honor and glory, the ones that do that now will drop it all if they are told to By mandalore

73

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://www.jeffpidgeon.com/uploaded_images/apple-car-727637.JPG
im pretty sure it was a photoedit

74

(52 replies, posted in Serious Geeking)

its a cultural thing
but i think it was only the royalty that did it, and a lot of cultures did that...
but with the adoption practices going on in mando culture, you think you might have to worry about that slightly, considering children could divorce parents, but then again you might think people would adopt all the kids in a family if the parents died

75

(508 replies, posted in Fans)

http://pets.onas.ru/dog_eating_cat.jpg
cat in mouth