Topic: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

So yesterday my mom dragged me across town to the biggest mall in the city to a traveling Titanic museum. It was the WROST ever! We had to wait two and a half hours just to even get in. No shade, no places to sit. Just standing in a hot parking lot for more then two hours. And it wasn't even close to worth it! There were about a dozen artifacts and thats it. 90% of the place was posters with pictures and facts on them. A decent reader could get through the place in 5 minutes, no joke. But even going through inside was a pain because they were loads of people gathered around to look at things like...a couple of cufflinks, and a pair of socks. Sure its amazing they survived underwater for 90 years intact. But not two and a half hours waiting worth of amazing. Or stare at them for ten minutes worth of amazing.

Bottom line, if you hear of a traveling Titanic museum coming to your town, DON'T GO. Just read a book about the ship. You'll learn all you need to know about the ship without having to wait for hours for the same information.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Yes i was also dragged to the museum by my mom a few years ago. Had to drive like 3 hours to get there too. It was pretty terrible.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

damn I feel for you, that sounds uber crappy! Traveling dinosaur museums on the other hand are great! way more interesting the socks and cufflinks!

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

The traveling SW museum a few years back here in Tokyo, on the other hand, was totally rad! It is really too bad that Lucafilm does not do more events in more places. And also, I hated that movie, Titanic...

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

I know no one here remotely knows this, but I am a huge Titanic historian. Have been WAY before the movie came out. It was something I used to do with  my grandpa and he got me into it. I have the collection to prove this.  I've been less active in the community and in general with the whole Titanic stuff, but then again I have a lot in life I like. I do not know who ran this particular show. But one organizations basically salvages these pieces from the wreck site, RMS Titanic, Inc. The are the ones that lifted a large section (nicknamed "the big piece" ) from the wreck, amongst hundreds of other artifacts over the years. i went to a show/ museum when it was in Atlantic City at one point, and I was impressed. I thought it was respectful and it had lots to offer. It was more then just a pair of cuff links.  Maybe Im biased. I wanted to go. Perhaps thats why it seemed so bad, that you didn;t have a choice but to go to it. Its a bit special interest in my opinion.  And well if your MOMS wanted to go.... well... thats scary cause I guess I'm closer to being middle aged and stogy. 

What makes you bring this up? I

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

It might've been put on by the same people, actually. And if it is, then thats just extra dissapointing. And my mom was dissapointed too. Moreso then me, actually, because the was really looking foreward to this museum.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Si Titran wrote:

I know no one here remotely knows this, but I am a huge Titanic historian. Have been WAY before the movie came out. It was something I used to do with  my grandpa and he got me into it. I have the collection to prove this.  I've been less active in the community and in general with the whole Titanic stuff, but then again I have a lot in life I like. I do not know who ran this particular show. But one organizations basically salvages these pieces from the wreck site, RMS Titanic, Inc. The are the ones that lifted a large section (nicknamed "the big piece" ) from the wreck, amongst hundreds of other artifacts over the years. i went to a show/ museum when it was in Atlantic City at one point, and I was impressed. I thought it was respectful and it had lots to offer. It was more then just a pair of cuff links.  Maybe Im biased. I wanted to go. Perhaps thats why it seemed so bad, that you didn;t have a choice but to go to it. Its a bit special interest in my opinion.  And well if your MOMS wanted to go.... well... thats scary cause I guess I'm closer to being middle aged and stogy. 

What makes you bring this up? I

That's cool that you are into the actual history of it all. I respect that a lot. I always wanted to do a comic book about the ghosts of the Titanic living at the bottom of the ocean...still playing their instruments etc. Anyway,  It's good to enrich your life with many interests. But man I hated that movie.

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

I'm with you. I don't get why hundreds of fellow girls were squealing and ooohing over Leonardo DeCraprio. That said, I would've rather watched that movie then have stood in that line. At least then I would've been able to made fun of DeCraprio. And be sitting. There was absolutly nothing to do in that line, except hate the sun. Maybe I'm just so mad because when the whole thing was said and done my legs felt like falling off at the joints. Again, there was nothing new you could learn in that museum that you couldn't learn out of a book, or TV special. Also, a book is not going to hassle you in the future on the phone and whatnot. Whereas I forsee the sponsers of this event harassing my folks for a long time.

The only thing vaguely redeemable about the entire experience is that the hamburgers we got afterwards in the mall were delicious.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

9 (edited by tachyonblade Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:35 am)

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

That said, I would've rather watched that movie then have stood in that line. At least then I would've been able to made fun of DeCraprio. And be sitting. There was absolutly nothing to do in that line, except hate the sun. Maybe I'm just so mad because when the whole thing was said and done my legs felt like falling off at the joints.

The only thing vaguely redeemable about the entire experience is that the hamburgers we got afterwards in the mall were delicious.

LoL...Cecilia, I love you, you rock!


And I don't even eat meat...

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

10 (edited by Fett_II Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:41 am)

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Titanic was a boring topic, never got into it. Boring movie too. Too long and fruity.

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Fett_II wrote:

Titanic was a boring topic, never got into it. Boring movie too. Too long and fruity.

Ha well to each their own. I think the same about a lot of things...

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Thanks for the heads up CeciliaCrimsonDragon, I be sure to avoid it. The most interesting things I've seen or heard about the Titanic were from science magazines. The movie(s) about it contain mostly fictional drama that probably did not even happen in real life.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

tachyonblade wrote:

That's cool that you are into the actual history of it all. I respect that a lot. I always wanted to do a comic book about the ghosts of the Titanic living at the bottom of the ocean...still playing their instruments etc. Anyway,  It's good to enrich your life with many interests. But man I hated that movie.

That could be done really well, I think you should do it.

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Sharra Fett wrote:

The movie(s) about it contain mostly fictional drama that probably did not even happen in real life.

That being the case, then never EVER go near the animated movie. The characters look repulsive, the animations cheap, and they rip off more then half a dozen other movies and concepts (the main one being the Leonardo DeCraprio Titanic movie).

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Stupid Traveling Titanic Museum

Well, it would be cool to see actual stuff from the Titanic, but I'd rather not wait that long. That sounds like when I went to Alcatraz, but that is much more worth it.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'