Re: The War in Iraq II

I agree with ARC 100%. In World War 1, 116,708 US casualties resulted within 4 years. In WWII we lost 416,800. we've brought that down to 4,000. now, considering these results, its not that bad. Yes I know, that sounds bad, (lose of Human life is never good) but its true.  I support the men and women fighting this war, not the war it self. I just wish It would end.

These numbers were found on Wikipedia.org


BD

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

27 (edited by Ralin Drakus Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:04 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Good point ARC, but don't forget, we didn't join WW I until 1917, and it took us some time before we got over there.  WWI was barely a year for us, yet we lost more then we did in WWII  *thanks for the numbers, Boba Dude.*

However, I continue to support the current mission, which is to leave Iraq in a stable situation, which will not crumble and fall to the terrorists and extreamists.  Maybe this wasn't the original goal, but things change.  The line "We were lied to about why we are in Iraq, so we should just leave" makes me so angery.  We are there NOW, no matter what the reason.  People on the left are always talking about what others around the world think of us.  What do you think they'll think if we leave Iraq now, and another terrorist state takes root all because we didn't have the guts to hang in there here at home.  MAYBE the given reasons weren't correct for invading Iraq, but we've made a mess there now, and it's up to us to put at least put some of the pieces back together before we come home.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: The War in Iraq II

yes, but WW1 and 2 had numerous amounts of troops, while the War in Iraq is the US (along with some friends) and some random country that sucks compared to the US. i don't even know who we still are officially fighting.

Re: The War in Iraq II

BFFC Admin wrote:

Jesse Fett, please consider going beyond asking the BFFC community regarding serious issues. Ask your parents, teachers, and peers or quickly search Wikipedia.org or Google/Yahoo/etc. or anywhere elsewhere for that matter when you have such questions.

Just thought it had somthing to do with the Iraq war, cause its some sort of issue there or somthing from what I heard

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: The War in Iraq II

BFFC Admin wrote:

Karson, that's so awful that you want to "wipe them off the face of the earth." I hope you get a chance to study some history when you start high school, to be at least aware of the atrocities of war and genocide.

Orthar, agreed. We tend to moderate carefully since it's hard (if not impossible, with all of the age ranges here) to have a constructive debate. Over the years, it's been a fine line, much as it is in daily concourse to discuss.

Sir, with all due respect, I am in high school and I have learned about genocide.
But the people of the country have been told what they need to do with there people. And they have not done anything noticeable. Too many of our troops have died over there, and most of them, when they died, left children without fathers, wives without husband (or vis versa), bothers and sisters without brothers or sisters, and newses and nephews without uncles or aunts.  And I know that we'd be wiping out several families with a bomb but they already blow them selves up on their own.
I know that we should try to help as much as we can, but its time to chose, there country or ours.
And, frankly, we have done all we can do over there, and if we want to catch and kill Osoma Benloden so bad why don't just blow the place sky high and that be it.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: The War in Iraq II

As much as I dispise the terrorist insurgents in Iraq and would love to have them blown off the map...Nuking them is not the answer. You say dozens...There are hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that wish the better for their country. You just don't understand. You must not value human life as much as you say Karson, because that would be commiting mass murder no matter how you slice it. Another thing, do you have any idea on what the side effects of a nuclear blast are? Think of all the sand and dust in Iraq...Hard to comprehend, right? EVERYTHING that gets sucked into the explosion instantly becomes radioactive. Now think of the wind currents...What will happen to all those particles? They get blown all over Europe, AND OUR ALLIES. Look up the Chernobyl incident and you'll see what I mean. But think through your answer to the problem, it's not the right answer.
And no matter how much you hate the war, SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! They are doing what the signed up for, and fighting for freedom. The news is usurped. I have talked to great men and women who served in Iraq, and it isn't half as bad as the media reports. So what is the right thing? I don't know, but the war isn't a mistake.

"This IS my signature."

Re: The War in Iraq II

uh oh....i say we settle this w/ a high stakes game of scrabble.
tongue

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

cujo wrote:

uh oh....i say we settle this w/ a high stakes game of scrabble.
tongue

you're on. better yet, go against my math teacher.

34 (edited by Chaplain Grimaldus Monday, April 7, 2008 5:50 pm)

Re: The War in Iraq II

cujo wrote:

a move like bombing them back to the stone age, would alienate our country from the global community.
why is that important? because we went into Iraq under the guise of liberation, and freedom.

our true agenda, is more likely to set up our puppet democracy so that we have more control of oil in the future, and keep an eye on Iran.  more importantly we cannot afford(financially) to be at war or continue to loose more lives policing the world.
for the record-i have many friends who r deployed and known some who have died, i have much love and respect for the military.
but will not mince words about the current administration- they r money grabbing clowns who if they ran a business it would have gone under many times over. when was the last time you misplaced billions of dollars and blame it on bad bookkeeping w/ no further explanation..

disclaimer: all comments r the humble opinion of Cujo, who is informed but much like all of us, in the dark about a great many issues. and i mean no disrespect to anyone.

is anyone on this site actually in the military? aside from Sadriel, whom im sure has a thought or two on the subject.

In case you havent noticed we are already alienated from the global community. We are the laughing stock and the but of jokes around the world. Noone takes the US seriously any more. Sorry to break it to you. Im all for doing the right thing but that isnt ever what the US does. We almost always do the wrong thing and make even more enemies. We were the ones that wanted to institute 3/4 of the treaties and agreements with NATO but then we ourselves refuse to sign them, I mean come on!!!!!


As for 9/11 anyone who cant see it was an inside job is completely blind and under the biggest false sense of security ever. It wasnt the 1st time the US has "planned" or "helped plan" an attack on its own people.

1. We had advanced knowledge of Pearl Harbor, but we needed a logical reason to go into WW2. As before the attack we were just suppling guns and food to the allies, the economy was dead and needed a lift so what better way to give it than war? Right? Correct.

2. In 1962 right after the Bay Of Pigs accident, the joint chief of staff and his team came up with something called "Operation Northwoods" which was a "justifacation to invade Cuba". In the document "Northwoods" it suggests chemical or terror attacks on american citizens in Miami, the Keys and even Washington. All to provoke US aggression against Cuba. The only reason this never passed was because JFK thought it completely immoral and against common sense. But it just goes to show you to never put anything past the United States.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

Re: The War in Iraq II

Butt of all jokes.  Right.  You obviously haven't heard any of the Canadian ones.

"Is it true you have polar bears as pets?"

"Do you live in igloos?"

"Do they have pizza in Canada?  Or is it to cold to cook them?"

Yes I have been asked those.  And the last one was in all seriousness.  Now excuse me my dog sled team is getting hungry.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

Karson Fett wrote:

Sir, with all due respect, I am in high school and I have learned about genocide.
But the people of the country have been told what they need to do with there people. And they have not done anything noticeable. Too many of our troops have died over there, and most of them, when they died, left children without fathers, wives without husband (or vis versa), bothers and sisters without brothers or sisters, and newses and nephews without uncles or aunts.  And I know that we'd be wiping out several families with a bomb but they already blow them selves up on their own.
I know that we should try to help as much as we can, but its time to chose, there country or ours.
And, frankly, we have done all we can do over there, and if we want to catch and kill Osoma Benloden so bad why don't just blow the place sky high and that be it.

Telling a country to do something isn't how you go about it. Imagine if another country told us to do something another way. Think about it.

Casualties are on both sides. We're also not losing civilians, but they are. In much greater numbers. Think about it.

Other than the sectarian civil war, saying "they already blow them selves up on their own" is just wrong. Such a sweeping generalization of a population. Think about it.

As for "why don't just blow the place sky high and that be it," take a look at the reasons why we're really there. Then look at the countries and our formal affiliations. Consider how the mission in 2001 is now in such a different  direction than the mission today in 2008. Think about it.

After learning about genocide -- defined as a "deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group" -- you still think the U.S.A. should just nuke 'em, huh? Even if just one man and his network of cronnies, says popular opinion, were responsible? Wow... That's unfortunate.

As for the high school comment, my mistake. ("Their people," not "there people." "Visa versa," not "vis versa." "Brothers," not "bothers." "Nieces," not "newses." "Themselves," not "them selves." "Osama bin Laden," not "Osoma Benloden.")

wink

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

37 (edited by Karson Fett Tuesday, April 8, 2008 3:34 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

But sir, you don't understand. We wouldn't be committing genocide if dropped a bomb on them. We would be defending our country.
Forgiven,sir
think nothing of it.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: The War in Iraq II

Given that what you persist in proposing IS 1) a War Crime and 2) Genocide I think it is safe to say, that I for one am thankful you are still in High School and not a position of responsibility. I also think that you are deliberately posting inflammatory remarks like that to provoke a reaction from people, so I'll not bite except to say let's pick up this argument when you've grown out of your console inspired "blast 'em all to hell" phase and seen a little more of the real world.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/OrtharRrith/OrtharRrith-1.jpg[/img]

Re: The War in Iraq II

It is not defending your country Karson.  It is an act of genocide.  I hardly think stooping to the level of the terrorists we are trying to stop is going to solve anything.  They purposefully kill innocents.  And there is no garuantee that dropping a bomb will stop anything.  The bombs the US dropped in Japan stopped the war because the Japanese cared about their people.  The Muslim extremists do not even go to the point of encouraging civilwar between different sects of their religion (Sunni, Shiite, Kurd etc.)  You can never completely root out these people.  That's why an ever-present force is needed.

Karson I'm sorry but a Boba Fett Forum is not the place for Religious and Political debates.  The main reason we are here is because of Fett and even though there is a Fans section, controversial topics like this need to be limited.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

Sev Fett wrote:

The main reason we are here is because of Fett and even though there is a Fans section, controversial topics like this need to be limited.

Agreed. Let's change the subject from Karson's concern -- we've exhausted the point -- but leave it open for more thoughtful, civil discussion.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: The War in Iraq II

Does anyone know of President Obama's plan for a complete troop pullout?  Or for now has he just said that it will be more of a gradual phase?

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

I've heard its going to be gradual, but I have a bad feeling about it. We're basically leaving ourselves open to an attack, and that isn't good.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Re: The War in Iraq II

Well, if there weren't so stinking many civilians...I"D SAY BLOW THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO KINGDOM COME!!!!!!

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

Re: The War in Iraq II

Seco Fett wrote:

Well, if there weren't so stinking many civilians...I"D SAY BLOW THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO KINGDOM COME!!!!!!

...wow.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: The War in Iraq II

Seco Fett wrote:

Well, if there weren't so stinking many civilians...I"D SAY BLOW THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO KINGDOM COME!!!!!!

.......................You're sick. Really sick.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: The War in Iraq II

Sev Fett wrote:

Does anyone know of President Obama's plan for a complete troop pullout?  Or for now has he just said that it will be more of a gradual phase?

according to his plan, i believe about 1/3 of troops will be home by one year from now.

Re: The War in Iraq II

Well, until the secret that we were actually doing well there, there was a greater push for immediate pullout. But now that the Generals are cautioning NOT pulling out, its not such a priority. I say we stay until the Iraqis can help themselves. Once they're independent of our aid, we leave. But if we leave early, and someone like Iran moves in, formally or no, we'll have lost many troops in vain.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: The War in Iraq II

How am I sick? If we automatically killed every terrorist there it would have the same effect! Like I said...IF THE CIVILIANS WERE OUT OF THE WAY.

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

49 (edited by Mandalore Hunter Friday, February 6, 2009 8:26 pm)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Seco Fett wrote:

How am I sick? If we automatically killed every terrorist there it would have the same effect! Like I said...IF THE CIVILIANS WERE OUT OF THE WAY.

Killing all the Terrorists in one area might make them martyrs to terrorists in other places. It's not wise to have bombing an entire country or area to the ground as a first resort.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

50 (edited by Fett_II Friday, February 6, 2009 8:36 pm)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Seco Fett wrote:

How am I sick? If we automatically killed every terrorist there it would have the same effect! Like I said...IF THE CIVILIANS WERE OUT OF THE WAY.

You do realize all terrorists are not in one place right? What you're suggesting is destroying an entire region of Asia. That being said, an entire ecosystem is wiped out. Thus, killing off some species of animal, no doubt.

Take a bow.