Topic: RPG: Alien vs Predator
I've just finished reading an Aliens novel and figured it'd be fun to do an RPG...
Setting: Iapetus (moon of Saturn) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iapetus_%28moon%29
1. You may create any character you want. Clarify their name and species so others can follow their actions easily.
2. You can kill characters you create but you can't kill other people's characters unless they say they have been killed in battle with you.
3. You can have any weapon you want but you can only have what your character could physically carry - otherwise they wouldn't be able to move.
4. Be consistent, eg if someone says they blew up a building, don't suddenly be assaulting it.
5. If you have sustained many wounds you will have to either get medical help or eventually die.
6. Follow the storyline, sure add a few twists and turns but allow others to see where you want to go so they can help you get there.
7. Have fun.
The darkness of space was all consuming, the shadow of Saturn concealed a ship not unfamiliar to the system. However it's normal destination was the blue and green marble some distance off. For the moment it was picking up a signal that had been humming for centuries, ever so quiet and easily missed.
The moon, known as Iapetus to the human world of Earth, appeared baron and desolate. Its strange equatorial ridge had been an interesting feature on the moon, why it was there nobody really knew. But perhaps the answers were about to unfold.
Chechande stood at the helm watching the moon enlarge before him. The signal was foreign yet there was some familiar element.
Cold planets and moons were generally of no interest to a Yautja but this one called of intrigue. Chechande was a warrior foremost but he knew that alien technology could sometimes enhance their own. Anything to make the hunt more intense was always a motivator for exploration in Yautja culture.
It didn't take long for the ship, Tek'naj, to find orbit around Iapetus. Once there Chechande and a handful of his finest would jettison in their personal pods.
Species: Yautja (Predator)
Weapons: Shoulder cannon, staff, wrist blades - the usual Predator get up
Appearance: Tall for even a Predator, he wears the thermal netting and has some minor skeletal trophies around his belt.
The Chilly Fox, Exploration Shuttle orbiting Hyperion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_%28moon%29
Communications Analyst Natalie Bryan sat sipping her coffee through a straw as she listened to the crew nattering on about the dirt particles they were currently examining. She shook her head and was glad to be on the ship rather than on the strangely shaped moon. The ship had to constantly adjusted to the chaotic orbit the moon had to Saturn, Natalie didn't really understand why the moon needed further research. It was basically rock and ice.
She leant back in her chair and decided to flip through the audio channels, surely there had to be something more interesting to listen to then the bunch of pencil necks on the moon below. She let the scanner do its thing, it skimmed for a while and then found something that made Natalie's brow furrow. The noise was garbled and sounded almost like an SOS bleep.
Natalie thumbed the com switch, "Ah guys, I think you need to listen to this." She patched through the signal and waited for their response.