Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Valthonin wrote:
ARC Fett wrote:

i agree cloning is wrong, it is trying to be God by makeing a person. but trying to make body parts to replace i think is ok but not trying to creat a person

Then why isnt two people creating a baby playing God? because it says it in the bible? Thats unreliable. How do we know the bible is correct? Theres thousands of religions out there, who really knows whic.

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

I wouldn't say the clone has no soul, it's a copy of the same soul it was cloned from. Morally it's not right at all, scientifically it's a joke, and religously it's unheard of. However, the cloning of an entire human is wrong what about kidneys or livers. What if you could clone those body parts for transplant, it would be a medical miracle.

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

i agree with cloning certain organs...but as far as cloning a human, its like chrys put it...the creating of the soul and a whole person cloned....i don't think that is morally right....good posts guys...i'm glad i'm in the majority.

                                                            {MW} MS9

Secondly (this is mainly directed towards both Maltese, Mandalorianspy, ARC's points about creating organs and crreating souls), how can you say that cloning a person is wrong, yet organs are fine? We are made up of organs! So is there a limit to how many organs we can create for one person, or what organs we can create from some person? So if organs are fine, i dont understand how the whole thing can be wrong. 2 rights dont equal a wrong after all, why would a couple more rights equal a wrong? Just because we put the organs together and create a clone doesnt mean we create the soul and put it in. Thats Gods job isn't it? Reproduction creates a child, yet God puts the soul in. We cannot. No matter how we try. We may create the physical recipient of that soul that is destined to have that soul, yet we cannot make a soul........................I think, who knows after all? There is no way to know that what I said is true or not. There is no way to know whether what you guys say is true or not. Except maybe when you meet your maker, whoever you believe him to be. But until then, if there is a God and we meet him...I'll have my notebook full of questions to ask.

And thats basically what I believe on this subject.

Creating an organism is different then creating an organ. an organism is defined as a colection of organs. It uses all of them to function.
An organ can not exist in nature alone, as it has no way to feed itself. (eg, if some one put a living stomach on the dirt, it could not move itself, it could not feed itself, it could not spot/sense danger.)
Organs are only parts of creatures. They are not creatures themselves.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

And why is it that creating organs separate is fine and yet creating the whole set together is wrong?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

The set that works together is capable of surviveing. An organ is not complete, and would be introduced to a organism. Therefore it would have a purpose. It would technically be part of the recipiant.
Alo, it means that we would no longer need to take organs from voulenteers, we would be able to make new ones from the recipiants tissue.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

29 (edited by Valthonin Tuesday, October 2, 2007 5:19 pm)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

That answers the question of whats the difference between an organ and the whole set working together. Which I knew. But that isn't what I asked, so it doesnt answer my question.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

ok, allow me to rephase that. A stomach, cant think. A human/animal, can. So, you make it, and what do you do with it. Thatl make over population.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

31 (edited by Valthonin Tuesday, October 2, 2007 5:43 pm)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Well for one, by the time we master such a thing as cloning for mass production i think over population might not be much of a problem. The company creating the clones would almost definitly provide for those clones, w/e their purpose may be. They probably wouldnt sell them because you know, that is slavery. But that still doesnt answer my question of why its wrong, morally that is. Just because the organs cant think and the whole body would doesnt answer why it would be wrong.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

let's see... they made a monkey all out of genes... they cloned a sheep, which has a much different internal system than a human, but is apparently easier to make doubles of... i just say we do it the old fashioned way.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Hear Hear!

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I hope we will not start cloning ourselves... "The old fashioned way" seems like a better way.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Fett_II wrote:

let's see... they made a monkey all out of genes... they cloned a sheep, which has a much different internal system than a human, but is apparently easier to make doubles of... i just say we do it the old fashioned way.

I never said we SHOULD start cloning, I was just asking why everyone thinks its so wrong.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Hey, I dont think its wrong. Just not now. We need to develop cloning porcedures, to use for like, cows. More food. But, then, you get some crazy adolf hitler type dude who clones himself, then never loses power. If his clones are as cynical as he is that is.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

yeah, but cloning arteries and organs would provide useful for stuff like transfers instead of people having to donate and risk a chance of getting cancer or some other disease.

38 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, October 3, 2007 5:04 pm)

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

Fett_II wrote:

yeah, but cloning arteries and organs would provide useful for stuff like transfers instead of people having to donate and risk a chance of getting cancer or some other disease.

(or the body compelety rejecting the organ, which is more of a risk i think)


Oh hell yeah. Thats my point. When i said just not now, I meant like entire humans. (besides, we could screw up, and make some kinda psychopath. (or if were unlucky, some giant killing machine) Or a new disease.)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: CLONING is it morally right?

I know this is kinda late, but cloning even organs is wrong.  If the person is going to die, the god must have had a reason to kill them, and we should just let nature do its role.  Even if you replace an organ, the person is eventually going to die, so why are we humans so selfish in keeping the person alive for a couple more years.  Everyone dies at some point in their lives. 
And as for cloning animals, animals can think and feel too, they have souls, so we shouldn't even be cloning them.  Just let nature take its course.

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card