Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Jango and boba are equally matched in strength. They are basically the same person and equally matched in wieght, strength, and size.

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

the outline wrote:

well Gustavo, boba is jango's clone (obviously) so wouldnt that mean that there equally in strenght size and wieght? plus boba is always wearing armour you never really get a look at his muscles

That means nothing. Boba could exersise more, or exersise less than Jango. If one of them was more muscular than the other, he would be stronger, larger, and heavier than the other.

Also, try not to post twice in a row. If you need to add something, use the edit button.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

That means nothing. Boba could exersise more, or exersise less than Jango. If one of them was more muscular than the other, he would be stronger, larger, and heavier than the other.


Draco, i see your point and i agree with you. But you still never really get a look at Bob's muscles

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

If you want to quote someone, you use the quote button at the bottum, right-hand corner of each post smile .

Well if we saw Boba's and Jango's muscles, this topic would be drasticlly less active.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

the outline wrote:

Draco, i see your point and i agree with you. But you still never really get a look at Bob's muscles

True, but Bob wasn't a very active character in the movie. Bob had a quite a small part actually.

Seriously though, this still doesn't make any difference what so ever. Even if Jango was 10x stronger than Boba, it doesn't mean anything because "size matters not" -Yoda

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Boba wasn't very active in the movies because he wasn't very popular yet, he was basically just a background character.  You do see Fett's muscles in one comic, and they look about equal to Jango's.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Fetterthanyou wrote:
the outline wrote:

Draco, i see your point and i agree with you. But you still never really get a look at Bob's muscles

True, but Bob wasn't a very active character in the movie. Bob had a quite a small part actually.

Seriously though, this still doesn't make any difference what so ever. Even if Jango was 10x stronger than Boba, it doesn't mean anything because "size matters not" -Yoda

It does mean something. You cannot simply dismiss strength.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Sure you can, because in no way would it be such an extreme difference where it would turn the tide of a battle. Lets just say for arguments sake (this is all made up on the spot) that Jango can lift 200 lbs. Boba can only lift 180 lbs. If Jango faught somebody with his martial skills, and Boba faught the same person with his skills, I don't see how Jango's strength would give him an advantage. Fights are won by strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice. Strength is only a factor when the difference is so extreme that 1 person can completely overpower the other.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I would say that Boba was in peak physical condition in his prime.  I'd say Boba is as strong as Jango.  But even if Boba was a little less stronger it wouldn't be that much of a difference.  And like Fetterthanyou has said many times rarely does pure strength win a fight, it's mostly about the training.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

60 (edited by virtualbettie Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:30 am)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Yet again here we go in the Fett vs. Fett thing. You know what I found disappointing about Jango Fett that he didn't get to kick more *** in the movies,the same disappointment I found in Boba Fett. Especially if anybody ever saw Once were warriors,you know T.M. is great in a brawl scene.

By the way,being a clone does not mean that you end up the same weight and build. If you took a guy and trained him to be a runner, he would be lean and sinewy. If you took the same guy and trained him to be a body builder he would be muscular and heavy. If you trained him to be a tri-athelete he would come out somewhere in between.

I've never heard of this so called comic Jango Fett versus the Razor Eaters,not to mention comics are not considered canon. No matter how much some of them are really great, most are crap.

Jango never says Boba is stronger than him,he says he's a better shot than he was as a boy. That's in the AOTC novel,look it up if you don't believe me. Of Course Boba was trained as a warrior from the get go,Jango started as a farmboy (shades of Luke Skywalker).

Jango was never the Mandalore, and Boba Fett became the Mandalore under duress. Both ended up leading mandos out of duty not by choice. By the way,not all the Mandos under Jango command die,because Dooku is interrogating one, also Jango was shot out of the sky and still went back to help his men. He STAYED with them,FOUGHT with them,that is what a commander should do. He is by no means a poor leader. Hell,in the end he even avenged them.

Jango and Boba also have different fighting styles, and that effects the way they are built.

Boba Fett prefers speed,stealth, and distance (his choice of less leg armor, a rifle, and leaner build suggest this).  Jango is a much more physical,in your face,street fighting man (his heavier style armor,short range pistols,and heavier build...not to mention the duke out with Obi-Wan). This part is of course just my speculation.....

Boba and Jango like any other son and father share alot of traits,but just because they are clones does not mean they are exact duplicates. Even the clone troopers start to act differently as they experience different things.

People,Fetts included, are more than the sum of their parts.


P.S.

This was brought up in another thread, Slave 1. Jango had siesmic detonators, Boba has Ion cannons. Destroy Utterly. Immobilize and Capture. Jango Fett obviously has some anger managment problems.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

virtualbettie wrote:

I've never heard of this so called comic Jango Fett versus the Razor Eaters,not to mention comics are not considered canon. No matter how much some of them are really great, most are crap.

That is not a comic; it is a book. Comics partly canon, and the same goes for books.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Sure you can, because in no way would it be such an extreme difference where it would turn the tide of a battle. Lets just say for arguments sake (this is all made up on the spot) that Jango can lift 200 lbs. Boba can only lift 180 lbs. If Jango faught somebody with his martial skills, and Boba faught the same person with his skills, I don't see how Jango's strength would give him an advantage. Fights are won by strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice. Strength is only a factor when the difference is so extreme that 1 person can completely overpower the other.

I didn't say that fights are won with pure strength alone, merely that strength is something to consider, not something that can be dismissed so easily. While it might not make much difference compared to strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice, to understand something fully means to study all it's aspects, including strength I would say.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

Sure you can, because in no way would it be such an extreme difference where it would turn the tide of a battle. Lets just say for arguments sake (this is all made up on the spot) that Jango can lift 200 lbs. Boba can only lift 180 lbs. If Jango faught somebody with his martial skills, and Boba faught the same person with his skills, I don't see how Jango's strength would give him an advantage. Fights are won by strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice. Strength is only a factor when the difference is so extreme that 1 person can completely overpower the other.

I didn't say that fights are won with pure strength alone, merely that strength is something to consider, not something that can be dismissed so easily. While it might not make much difference compared to strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice, to understand something fully means to study all it's aspects, including strength I would say.

I understand what your trying to say, I've understood from the beginning. What I'm trying to say is that putting the strength into the mix is like saying, "A pick up truck could take out a tank because it is more agile" (That was complete exagerration, please nobody flame me saying, "Jango isn't a pick up truck blah blah blah")

It's just not a big enough factor to consider it if you are comparing Boba to Jango. If you were instead saying that Jango was strong (instead of saying he was stronger than Boba) then it would make sense. Because then it would mean that Jango is strong, which is a helpful trait. Instead of Jango is stronger than Boba, so he has an advantage over him.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

Sure you can, because in no way would it be such an extreme difference where it would turn the tide of a battle. Lets just say for arguments sake (this is all made up on the spot) that Jango can lift 200 lbs. Boba can only lift 180 lbs. If Jango faught somebody with his martial skills, and Boba faught the same person with his skills, I don't see how Jango's strength would give him an advantage. Fights are won by strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice. Strength is only a factor when the difference is so extreme that 1 person can completely overpower the other.

I didn't say that fights are won with pure strength alone, merely that strength is something to consider, not something that can be dismissed so easily. While it might not make much difference compared to strategy, reflexes, knowledge, and practice, to understand something fully means to study all it's aspects, including strength I would say.

I understand what your trying to say, I've understood from the beginning. What I'm trying to say is that putting the strength into the mix is like saying, "A pick up truck could take out a tank because it is more agile" (That was complete exagerration, please nobody flame me saying, "Jango isn't a pick up truck blah blah blah")

It's just not a big enough factor to consider it if you are comparing Boba to Jango. If you were instead saying that Jango was strong (instead of saying he was stronger than Boba) then it would make sense. Because then it would mean that Jango is strong, which is a helpful trait. Instead of Jango is stronger than Boba, so he has an advantage over him.

I don't mean that Jango has an advantage by being stronger, merely that he would win in things like push up contests and arm wrestling, or that a punch from Jango would be a little stronger than a punch from Boba, if the punch were identical and hit the same area. The only thing i don't get though is the pick up truck example. Also I dislike your truck example. It just doesn't explain much.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I'll explain his example: A pick up truck may be more agile than a tank, but that does not mean that the pick up truck is better than the tank. In the Fett case, the variable is strength rather than agilty.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

I don't mean that Jango has an advantage by being stronger, merely that he would win in things like push up contests and arm wrestling, or that a punch from Jango would be a little stronger than a punch from Boba, if the punch were identical and hit the same area.

I don't think Jango would win in a puchup contest or a fistfight, or arm wrestling, they'd probably knock eachother out if they were both in an unarmed physical contest.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I've gotta say, I liked Jango Fett.  I liked his armor and his weaponry better then Boba's.  But that's me, and I'm sure I'll be taking some flak for that wink

I think both Boba and Jango were just as good.  Although I like Jeramey better then I do what's his face. (I keep forgetting, although I know he's Maori!)

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Temura Morrison.

If tho this isnt an exact test of strengh, but Boba did get out of the sarlac pit, that requires some amazing strenght, not only physicaly but mentaly.

But saying that, what does it really matter who was strongest...

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Kel Solaar wrote:

I've gotta say, I liked Jango Fett.  I liked his armor and his weaponry better then Boba's.  But that's me, and I'm sure I'll be taking some flak for that wink

I think both Boba and Jango were just as good.  Although I like Jeramey better then I do what's his face. (I keep forgetting, although I know he's Maori!)

Join the club, I've been defending Jango for a while now.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

It doesn't matter to me who is the strongest. When it comes to Boba and Jango, the apple didn't fall fat from the tree.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Oh no wonder my post took so long we posted at the same time smile

Anyway you're right Sharra Fett.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Jango was........unique.  I guess that's what defines characters like these.  If you had two exact same characters, it would be pointless.  Why not just have one?  Lucas gave each of the Fetts their strengths and faults, and, taking both into consideration, Jango is pretty good.  The same can be said about Boba.  While you all know I prefer Boba, I am not saying that Jango's worthless.  They BOTH have faults, that's what makes them believable.  (If you count the happenings in the SW universe as believable....)

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

Jango was........unique.  I guess that's what defines characters like these.  If you had two exact same characters, it would be pointless.  Why not just have one?  Lucas gave each of the Fetts their strengths and faults, and, taking both into consideration, Jango is pretty good.  The same can be said about Boba.  While you all know I prefer Boba, I am not saying that Jango's worthless.  They BOTH have faults, that's what makes them believable.  (If you count the happenings in the SW universe as believable....)

So how is Jango unique? I now he is but I want to know why you think so.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

And to be fair in Jango's defense, his background hasn't been covered in such detail as it has been with Boba Fett.  So there may be many stories that we haven't yet heard about that would blow Boba's sarrlac adventure out of the water, and then again, maybe not.

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Like Jango killing tweleve Jedi with his bare hands.

"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."--
Train your sons to be strong, and your daughters to be stronger.