Topic: Would you consider the Jedi to be apart of the GAR?

They may have led the clones into battle...But then again, they didnt read there tech manuals. (ie: order 66)

Thoughts?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Would you consider the Jedi to be apart of the GAR?

Well Order 66 was passed in between a bunch of other dull war time policies in the Senate.  Looking at it like that the Jedi should have been keeping up with all that information.

But the Jedi were the Jedi.  They are a seperate entity from the Senate as they don't have a say.  They would be like the United Nations Peacekeepers to the US Army for example.  I think that would be an appropriate comparison.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

i agree with sev, they were separate from the republic as a whole. they only aided because it was in the best interest of the galaxy.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline

Thats kinda funny, considering that Jedi were the first chancellers...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

They were half and half. They had status and positions within the GAR. They were generals, and they had command of clone battalions, squads, etc. I consider them outsiders within the machine that is the GAR. Besides Jedi were conscripted into service, regardless of their thoughts on the matter, and often times more than not, fought along side clone soldiers.  But since they followed their own rules, thought they were better than the rest of the army..... makes them not part of the whole group. I doubt many clones thought their Jedi commanders were one of them. So that makes them NOT part of the GAR.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."