Topic: KOTOR I & II discussion thread

Hei big_smile

LOL it has taught me to open a thread and not read the first post http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/DevilGirlyGirl/Smileys/icon_redface.gif but I thought the other KOTOR thread was just about having a chat about the game.     

Anyway I thought that we could have a thread about it and we can all have a blether about how we are getting on the game, how we are enjoying it or are just frustrated by it.

I am really enjoying it at the moment. I have not been able to play it much but when i have I have made good progress (and completing quests)

I am also enjoying playing Pazakk. I am not lost any money but I am not a gambler (LOL I only bet 10 credits at a time) but I have been lucky that the worst off that I am is breaking even.

I have also won 3 of my duels so far.

I am looking forward to grilling Carth some more but I cannot do at the moment and I keep checking him but alas he will not let me pester him anymore sad

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: KOTOR I & II discussion thread

I am quite likeing it with all the mods, I have turned G0t0 into a sith lord and renamed him darth vader... and dressed him up in vader armour big_smile He has the perfect voice for it too.

I'm a little annoyed with bao-dur, I made a mod that allowed him to wear heavy armour, but I deleted it, now I remade it but it always crashes when I put storm trooper armour on him.

If you know how to mod you should check out the HK factory, corasaunt jedi temple, and the droid planet big_smile they rock, aside from the bugs.

My screenies big_smile http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/jessefettt/

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Yeah, those are great!--There's many good mods at KOTOR's filefront page. A good one for KOTOR is the Brotherhood of Shadow and there's others of course but I am drawing a blank.

TSLRP-3 years in the making-Coming out when it's done...
Been waiting for that one for a while

Pazakk is either fun or frustrating for me; some of the characters in the cantinas cheat I think, which is pretty annoying.

You have to level up before you can pester Carth again.

Life is complex-It has both real and imaginary components.

I got no clue how to play pazaak. Also never really seen the signifigance of the restoration project, deleting all my mods for some extra dialog and cutscenes, no thank you. Though I dont know much about it, I'll only download a mod if its a cool skin/model of armour,  a new area, or a new force power.

maybe there is a new area in it, I heard the hk factory was in it. but thats way too buggy anyways

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

I am going to guess that these mods are for the PC version of the games? I have only played the Xbox versions so far. (Many times at that. I can't stop I LOVE the games.)  I guess that means i should get them then.

If you are scared Devil Girl of loosing too much money when you play pazaak you can always save it right before the match, and if you loose you can just revert back to that save point. I've done that a lot when I was getting used to the game. The first few times I played through with out ever really playing pazaak because it just seemed confusing. But its not, its just different and fun. I think I've beaten all the players you can play to where they either are out of money or are tired of getting beaten.

Carth's one of my favorites. If you choose to be lightside it can be very interesting with him.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

6 (edited by Devil Girl Thursday, May 1, 2008 1:46 pm)

They are funky screenshots Jesse big_smile I assume you just press print screen to take the screen shot.

Thank you mereel, I was wondering when I would get to pester Carth. Ooh I hope I level up soon big_smile

Thanks Si Titran, that really helped big_smile (LOL it took me a few attempts but I won 40 credits) I also really like Carth so I am looking forward to seeing what happens with him wink big_smile

I have managed to make some progress but I am a bit stuck on how to get past the Rancor. I will have a go at figuring it out before I ask for help but LOL that beat is tough big_smile

Where can you get mods for KOTOR?

I'd like to know the same thing about the Mods.  Sev linked me to this site; looks like good stuff, but I havn't gotten around to trying any of them yet *plus Terra has my KotOR I CD's tongue*

And about the Rancor, I don't think you can kill it using normal combat.  Just switch to solo mode and sneak over to the pile of bones across from the tunnel you arived from and activate it.  I don't remember where you get them, but you should have that vile of sent to attract the Rancor.  Put one of those and a grenade *any kind of grenade; pick one you don't like to use/have too many of* in the pile and just watch  big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I first got stuck there the first time too Devil Girl.  i suggest you do what Ralin said. ( you go like you are going to take stuff from said thing/ place and there should be a screen that pops up and says what to for leaving or giving items.) The grenade will not blow up in your face.

Ah you like Carth eh.... (Hee hee so do I.) You can tell how many xp you need to level up on the Start Menu page where you go to level up.  (If you want things to go well in that department with Carth you need to be light sided. That and play as a girl character.)

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

If you need help see the KotOR help desk

Thanks big_smile (though I was hoping to have worked that out before I asked for help)

Anyway I got past the Rancor and I am now working out what I need to do to get the part from the Vulcar base big_smile (well how to get into the secure door, I should hopefully get the chance tonight)

Thanks for the link Ralin, I will look at that later big_smile

I am not happy with Carth, as even though we both have levelled up yet he still will not talk to me sad

I will post on that thread when I need help (LOL I was not asking for help when I posted big_smile )

Don't give up on Carth. He just takes time I think. If its time to talk to him and you haven't done so the game will prompt you by saying.. "something seems to  be bothering Carth.. would you like to speak to him now?" And then you can get into a whole dissusion again with him. Don't give up in the game it is more than worth the time. If you need help you can also look at the active quests spot in the start menu. * I wish I knew what the buttons/ commands were in the PC version bc I only know what to hit on my Xbox.* You are all making want to play again even though I have much to do in the way of work for the end of my simester. tongue

Devil Girl wrote:

Hei

Can you speak finnish,Devil Girl?

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

Thanks Si big_smile I have spoken to him a few times but I was just hoping to talk to him again.

Hehe I am not going to give up, I am enjoying the game too much for that big_smile

Sadly I only know a few words in Finnish F3tt (I did know a saying but I have sadly forgotten it:( )

Ok.

Yay I managed to do really well yesterday big_smile

I got off Taris big_smile though I am stuck at the bit where we are getting shot at. I just have top improve my aiming and shot them down quicker (LOL it was a lot easier in Star Wars galaxies as there was a targeting system) I will get there though as I am determined to beat it big_smile

16 (edited by Masterchief Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:49 am)

I keep losing 100 credits for every lost game. I completed KOTOR 1, but I have started again because it is such a damn class game! big_smile

Note* - This is my second shot of it. I am currently in the Ebon Hawk wanting to go to Manaan!

Cheers, for listening.

A tip, Devil Girl - When they shoot at you, try and listen from where they are shooting you from, then if you shoot back and miss, try and follow them and blast them rapidly!

smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Cool,Masterchief!
I can't even complete KOTOR 2!So I'm bad player.(KOTOR 2)

Are you stuck on KOTOR 2? That's a real shame! sad ( Not in a mean, horrible sarcastic way ) I hope you complete that soon too! For I am about to play that game once I've bought it! smile

* Hope it works out ok , with the game ( KOTOR 2 ) smile

Well done again Masterchief big_smile

Thank you for that big_smile I managed to do it on the third time big_smile I am now a Jedi Apprentice big_smile (I am doing my trials so that is fun)

Good luck with getting KOTOR 2 done F3tt. It might be worth getting the official strategy guide to help you.

No Problem, Devil Girl.  big_smile

Always happy to help and do my best. smile

I have not had much chance to play it today but I am now a Jedi Padawan big_smile

I do like the ship that I have. It would be truly funky if we could get one in real life and visit different planets big_smile I would like to live on Corellia or Madalore big_smile

22 (edited by -F3TT- Saturday, June 28, 2008 5:39 am)

I started play KOTOR2 again! Now,I'm turned to the dark side. hmm And I have Hanharr,G0-T0 and Visas Marr on my party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have Mandalore in my 'other' save. big_smile I killed Mira! Lolz! Hanharr rocks so I had to kill that 'prey' Mira!! Raurrr! I have a green lightsaber too. Sith with green lightsaber. hmm

Ooh very good big_smile I am going to create a dark side character for KOTOR soon big_smile

Hehe F3tt, a green lightsaber big_smile why not though big_smile

I am doing well big_smile I am still on Manaan at the moment, I am making sure that I have got all of the quests done big_smile I need to do the trail and win the swoop race (the last stage is so challenging)

The swoop races always give my trouble.  I'm a better card player   big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

25 (edited by Devil Girl Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:50 pm)

Normally I have not had too much truoble with the swoop races big_smile

I do not bother with the card games, as it seems to me more luck than anything (it takes me a while before I win as well)