Re: RPG:Freedom Fighters

The squad was running. The reds were right behind them, forcing them to take a series of turn to lose them before they returned to base. Dimitry was behind Richelle, and Mitch was behind him. Suddenly it became quiet. "I think we lost them, ok, lets go home." Richelle nodded and the now larger group began to make their way back to the base.

The silence was shattered by a distant thumping which rapidly became louder. "Chopper! Alex, take it out!" Dimitry spun, raising his Dragunov, he could see the pilot. He emptied the clip into the chopper, breaking through the cockpit and killing the man. Dimitry turned around and reloaded, the group began walking again. There was a crash and Dimitry whirled around, the chopper had strafed and hit a building. The chopper was now coming forward. Four missiles launched, the streaked to the right, slamming into the apartment building as the chopper's blades snagged on the building, it turned on its side, slamming into the ground and sliding towards the group. They ran again, now to avoid the still spinning blades as the chopper slid. They quickly stopped, listening, but it was quiet. They continued back to base

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

As Boris rounded the corner to the base, Viktor saw it was a mess.  Smoke was rising from inside compound.  Viktor looked and saw a man raise a gun at them.  He instinctively ducked.  Gun shots and shattered glass reached his ears.  He looked up and saw Boris slumped over the wheel.  The body had pressed down on the gas and gunned the car straight for a building.  Viktor shoved open the car door and rolled out with his weapon.  The car smashed into a building and sat burning.  Viktor scrambled out of there as the car exploded. 

A truck had just pulled up and more komrads were getting out.  They missed the rebels streaking for an alley.  Viktor ran to the alley and realized that following them in this was no use.  Viktor looked around and saw a fire escape.  He hopped up to it and clambered up.  Smashing the window he dived into the apartment and kicked open the door outside into the hall.  He saw the door to roof access. 

He made his way outside and quickly positioned himself where he could get a good view of the main street and all it's side streets.  A helicopter was overhead and was searching for the rebels.  Out of the corner of his eye Viktor saw the muzzle flash of a Dragunov.  He whipped his own Dragunov to the area and saw the group quickly walking out of sight.  He quickly lined up and fired a shot into the mix of people.  Blood splattered the wall and someone spun to the ground.  Alarmed, the others dragged this person off.  He cursed.  It only was an arm shot.  Dejectedly he packed up and quickly made his way off the roof.  He came back to chaos.  The commanders were not happy.

((I hope you didn't plan on getting out of a compound full of Reds without a single scratch.  tongue  You can decide who I hit.))

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

(hope this is cool with everyone)

Marie fell to the ground, grimacing in pain.  She could feel a warm gush of blood coming out of her upper right arm, as she struggled to hold off a whimper of pain.  She could feel others help her up, carrying her to what must have been the area surrounding the FF base.  She could already register that she had lost a lot of blood, and judging by her blurriness in vision, she was probably close to unconsciousness. 

Marie vaguely registered being transported underground into a very military looking base.  She could hear several voices, telling her to hang on for a few more minutes.  She was moved into a hospital type room, and placed upon a bed.  Looking up, she could just make out a nurse, as a mask was placed over her mouth and nose, Marie passed out...

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

54 (edited by Nigzy Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:13 am)

im sorry its a bit late
but i've been on holiday and this RPG sounds like another legendary one yikes

here's my character

Name: Neil Griffin

Affiliation: Freedom Fighters

Rank/Position: 1st lieutenant

Appearance: a young man, short brown hair, blue eyes, quite muscular but skinny also.
he wears a kevlar helmet with NVG attachment, urban 'digital' camo with a blue/black 3rd generation 'dragonskin' body armor with reinforced ceramic plates in the front and back pouches and wears black goretex boots.
has a faint scar running down his left eye. has a holster on his right leg.

History: When he was was the age of 16 he joined the 'communist' british army, the russians had left the british to train there army, simply as it was known to be the best training in the world, but under russian supervision and rules. he enlisted as an officer, attending the royal army academy sandhurst, then he joined the Parachute regiment, where he became a well known and trusted 2nd LT. when the russians invaded iran for the oil reserves. Griffin was among the first to go in. allthough his platoon commander was shot on the initial landing, due to iran special forces where waiting for them. thus Griffin took up the platoon commander's position and led his men against the special forces. winning vital ground and seizing an iranian airbase. he was in iran for 16 months. when he got back he had found out that the americans where being sieged by the USSR, in spite of the only nation who had not turned to communism he traveled to america, new york. with the russians, pretending to be one of them. he then later snuck out of the camp to find the freedom fighters he had heard of.

Personality: A strong willed leader. a great tactician and expert in covert operations and airbourne assaults. specializing in urban combat and CQC action. loyal to the ideals of a free world. he will do anything to make it free. quiet by nature but loud on the field.

Weapons:

L85a2 with 4x SUSAT  (SA80)
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/karl_c444/sa80-l85a2.jpg

an L96a1 on a 3 point sling:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/karl_c444/AWL69A1.jpg

USP .45 with flashlight attachment (also silenced but rarely used):
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/karl_c444/hk_usp45ct.jpg

Skills: A marksman with the rifle, also has knowledge of Light support weapons, sniper frifles (Trained by the royal marines) heavy machine guns and anti tank weaponary. can also drive Vehicles (tanks including) and has basic knowlege of piloting helicopters.

LT. Griffin arrived in new york city 3 days ago. he had put together a plan to leave the fortified base and look for the freedom fighters.
he stood in his barracks, cleaning his carbine, he removed his maroon beret and replaced it with his kevlar helmet. putting his beret in his pocket, he slung his rifle and let it hang around his waste. he thought to himself he had little ammo on him and he wouldnt be able to get any from the ammo dump. he had
5 magazines of 30 for his rifle, in his webbing ammo pouches.
2 clips for his USP

he would have to locate the freedom fighters soon, and hoped they had a large reserve of 5.56mm nato rounds, he couldnt live without his L85.

it was midnight and time to move. he crouched outside the mess hall, and attached his night vision goggles [NVG's] to his helmet. with his USP silenced he now moved to escape the base. if he just left it would be suspicious but he had set it up to look as though he was kidnapped. he took out his bayonet, and attached the bayonet itself to the scabbard to make the wire cutters. he cut threw the wire mesh. and crawled under the fence.

'Now to get over that wall' Griffin sighed as he approached the 50 foot concrete steel wall.
then he caught something in the corner of his eye, a Hind D landing about 120 feet away, Griffin crawled back under the fence and approached the Hind. The pilot jumped out of the cockpit and looked at griffin.

"Sorry LT. flights shut for tonight, wait till morning" the pilot said, with a very heavy russian accent.
the navigator looked at griffin, and noticed that griffin had his hand on his pistol, the navigator scrambled for his makarov in his flight suit but Griffin drew his USP and shot the pilot in the neck....twice.

"Hey, i guess the flights just reopened!" Griffin said as he shot the pilot 4 times in the chest.
Griffins stepped up to the pilot and took off this helmet, removing his own helmet and placing it on his webbing belt. he placed the pilots helmet on. he dragged the bodies into the troop holding compartment and left there bodies. dusting himself down he climbed into the cockpit. without a navigator he wouldnt have access to the heavy weapons, just the unguided rockets and the twin 20mm cannon.

"Victor 2-4 you are not authorized for take off, shut down your engines"

Griffin ignored the call
and raised the hind....

"Victor 2-4! this is comrad general Yulenski, stand down or i will launch Ground to air missiles at you, i repeat Victor 2-4......." he noticed the hind had gone. it was now into the sky, only the lights bleeping.

"This is general Yulenski, I want Harriers scrambled now to take down Victor 2-4...and i mean NOW!" the russian general said to the control tower controller

"Foxtrot 6, this is command, Alert, alert. scramble to search and eliminate call sign Victor 2-4, subject is a Hind D. i repeat, alert alert, destroy Victor 2-4!"

"This is foxtrot 6, scrambling Harrier 2's now. ETA 12 minutes. confirmed, target Victor 2-4, subject Hind D" The captain pilot replied.

the airbase was set up on liberty island. the russians used the statue itself as a long range radio post and observation tower. it was only a small improvised runway, only suitable for STOL/VTOL aircraft. the russians though had there supreme navy a short distance away from new york, where they had over 12 aircraft carriers.

"Victor 2-4, i suggest you return to base within the next 12 minutes or you will have some...'company'......(he then turned the comms to the Hind off)....Captain, do we have a idea of whom this rogue soldier may be?"

"Yes General! we do! we have reason to believe that he is Liuetanet Neil Griffin, 1st British para regiment sir. he's in charge of A companys' alpha platoon"

The general cursed and slammed his fist into the table

"Kill him...NOW!" he screamed

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

( nigzy? are you still posting on my RPG, Kassyyk Attack? )

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Nigzy, theres been not attack on any base of any decent size, and not with said weapons. You might want to edit your story for a more subtle approach--we haven't attacked a large base.

Thanks, WV.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Austin stumbled out of the warehouse coughing and brushing junk off his jacket. As russian infantry surronded him, and told him in broken english he was under arrest, Austin pulled out his papers given to him by the commander and identifed himself as a civilian agent of the U.S.S.R. The russian Sarg. checked Austins's papers, nodded and moved on.

Austin looked around the camp: The  men he had been talking to moments ago were now lying in a pool of their own blood. The thought made Austin shudder. Not sure what he was supposed to do, Austin scavenged a mess tin and ration pack from a dead solider and sat down in a corner to eat.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

As Richelle led the people back towards the hidden base a shot rang out and hit a woman in the arm. It wasn't a death shot thankfully enough, but it was begining to bleed heavly. She pulled the woman to her feet and made sure she would make it back alive.

Even with the helicopter that came in low, and almost out of no where, Richelle managed to get the people to safety, and the woman into the medical bay. She looked horribly pale at this point, and she began to doubt if the woman was going to make it. "Please not again." She muttered under her breath.  She talked fast to the two freedom fighters that were actually doctors, more than fighters. Dr. Juinquera was a good doctor and surely would help the woman. Richelle left her in his hands and went to tend to the others.

This was too big of a group to stay here for long and began to wonder what "the boss" would do about them. They were mostly families, those that had too much to lose to join the cause. Perhaps they would be alowed to just leave, get out of the city where the Red presence was really at its heavest and strongest. Richelle was doing all she could to keep it from taking over everthing. Hopefully they would go and get to lead some form of normal and happy lives. Free lives.

It took Richelle some time before she realized that she was drty, and covered in the other woman's blood. So she went to go get cleaned up, change and get ready for the next mission that was asked of her.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Griffin sat comfortably in the pilot seat of the Hind D, it was a pink and blue hind, usually for desert missions but the russians had used them in the urban environment too. His former General, Yulenski, in charge of air missions for the new york sector had tried talking to him, but Neil had turned off all communications.

'Beep, Beep, Beep'
'New contacts, bearing 543.12, ETA 6 minutes, Eta till weapon range.....2minutes"

'Dam!" griffin cursed as he bagan prepping his hind for ejection.
The harriers had locked on to the hind, and would be within range in 2 minutes.

Griffin popped the the first ejection button, the choppers' blades exploded off.
Then he pressed the second one and
'Boom!'

he was hurtled into the air. the helicopter exploding violently in the air

"General Yulenski! Victor 2-4 is destroyed, we just lost its tracking beacon on the radar. sir!" a russian captain reported

"Good, but have the Harriers to sweep the area, just in case. send in any ground forces to secure the wreckage and make sure its down...Now!" the general replied

The captain nodded, stood to attention and saluted. before doing a 180 turn on his heels and picking up his large grey fur coat and his AK 47 spetznaz, all though it was outdated, it's 7.62mm round was a heavy punch though, and could rip through light and medium body armor.

"This captain jarkov, Bravo and charlie teams form up in motor pool A next to the BTR-T's, Assault gear, light and robust, over and out" with that the captain headed there himself

While back in the city, Griffins ejection seat landed safely in the street, griffin didnt know new york, he had never been here before. he took his L85 in his hands and cocked it back, letting a round slam into the chamber, he forward assisted. he raised the rifle to his shoulder checking if his SUSAT was zeroed, luckily it was, he had enough rations for 2 days. he threw off his pilots helmet and placed his kevlar helmet back on, reattaching the NVG's. it was late. Griffin looked to his left as something caught his eye.....it was a starbucks. with that Griffin headed off into it.

'I wonder if its open at this time of night' Griffin chuckled to himself

I am the Hammer. I am the sword in His hand, I am the point of His spear. I am the Gauntlet about His fist. I am the Bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the End.

Mitch and Alex strode into one of the main chambers of the group’s subterranean lair.  Seeing Richelle walk out of the medical room covered in blood, Mitch ran over.

“You ok??”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine….  One of the girls we freed was hit though.  Juninquera is working on her now; she’s in rough shape.”

Mitch’s lip curled in hate.  “Was that bastard who jumped from the car.  I got his buddie, I'll get him next time....  Get some rest, both of you” Mitch said to Richelle and Alex both.  “You’ll need it.  The major’s got something cooking for tomorrow.  That supply depot we’ve been eyeing I think.  Should be a wild show.”

The others nodded and walked off, while Mitch went to his lonely corner and added the newest marks to his kill sheet….

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

ooc: sorry I've been gone, I had computer troubles. I should be back, but I have no idea if it'll come back. And I'm in school, at the moment, so I'm not sure how good this'll be. Sorry, I just can't think too well.

ic: After returning from the scouting, Kados saw Mitch. "Mitch, give me the short version."

Once he finished, Kados pulled Mitch into a corner. "Several scouts founds something--something big. It appears that the Reds are moving their regimental HQ--and bringing in some higher ranking officers. And it appears that they're trying to do so as quietly as possible. Of course, we've got an amazing opportunity to take out the entire Red high command in New York. But it'll require a lot of secrecy of our own. And yes, we're stilling hitting that supply depot tomorrow--keep to our plan. If we deviate, they may bolt. This is our best chance to strike a major blow against the Reds. But first things first--we hit the depot tomorrow night."

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Mitch grinned at the idea of splattering some Red officers.

"Sounds good boss.  I'll keep it under my hat about the next raid; we got those new civies and some other new recruits.  Can't be too carefull."

The Major nodded in aggreement.  "Get some rest.  Gonna get interesting tomorrow," he said with a pat on Mitch's shoulder.

"Very," Mitch said with a grin.  "Can't wait..."

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

63 (edited by Nigzy Saturday, May 17, 2008 5:42 am)

Griffin lay in wait with his L96 aimed at the street below him, the reds had moved out 2 BTR T's, looking for the hind wreckage more than likely, all though it was two blocks east, the BTR T's came to a stop, 6 men from each jumped out the back. the commander, who was a captian by the looks of it due to his three golden stars on the lopelle of his great coat was barking orders, Griffin knew basic russian, enough to figure out the captain was telling his squads to hunt down the 'british' pig, Griffin grinned to himself and watched through his scope carefully the russian deployments, these where not your basic infantry, these where organized, wearing light kevlar vests and berets, equipped with P90's due to the urban area. he looked down to his webbing, he had two HE grenades, but if those BTR T's where to find his position the Twin 2A38 30mm autocannon turrets on each off the vehicles would be enough to rip him wide open. knowing he couldnt win this battle he crawled away from the window, scurried down the stairs, grabbing a coffee he had made just minutes before and escaped out the back door, he had set the front door up with a trap, so he could get some sleep, a flashbang covered with plastic explosive so that if they did come through the door, it would kill the soldiers entering and stun the ones behind them. as griffin ran about 75 metres from the cafe, he heard his trap go off, the instant shouting of russians soon followed with the whirring of the turrets on the IFV's, he was right, the russians didnt compromise, they opened up on the cafe ripping it apart. the turrets firing echoing through the streets. Griffin pulled out his GPS and checked where he was, judging to this, there was a make shift holding area close by, about 2 clicks west. he hastilly put his GPS away and started making his way to the prision, swapping his L96 for his L85.

Patrick stood outside the base smoking a cigarette brooding over the attack that was to be stage the next night. He wondered if there was any hope for the rebellion. Whether they'd ever get rid of the Russians or if they'd just get overwhelmed by their huge forces. Patrick sighed and dropped his cigarette, slightly depressed. He turned to go in when he heard heavy gunfire. He estimated that it was eight blocks away. He rushed into the base and geared up. He put on his black stealth gear and picked up his MP-5 and put it's silencer on. He grabbed two satchel bombs, two smoke grenades, two flashbangs, three clips and his silenced Beretta. He hoped he would be able to get their in time. He rushed out the door and headed down side streets and back alleys until he came upon a group of Russian soldiers and heavy armor. Patrick cursed. "I didn't think they'd have this many troops, but that never stopped me." Patrick opened fire on three soldiers standing behind the armor. He took two out with a head shot and the last with a shot to the chest. The other troops hadn't noticed and continued firing into the building. He tossed a smoke grenade and waited as he heard bewildered yells from the Russians. He rushed into the smoke and primed one of the bombs. He threw it under the closest tank and retreated. The bomb exploded and destroyed the armor. "One down, one to go," Patrick said as he took cover from the Russian troops.

"I look forward to killing you soon!" - Ask a Ninja NInja

Dimitry sat on a stool, reading an old book. He wondered how all of the liberated captives had been captured, or why. Some of them, some of the younger ones at least may have been taken while spray-painting anti communist slogans. The most common of them was mad up of two capital 'F's one in reverse,  stylized to represent wings on an eagle, the head turned to the right. Beneath the eagle in bold letters was the slogan "RISE UP", and in some cases, below that, again in Russian, adding more impact to the boldness of the resistance. He wondered what the girl who had been shot had done to be detained.

"Very," Mitch said with a grin.  "Can't wait..."

As Mitch walked away, Captain Blackmoon stepped from the shadows, startling Major Kados.

"You think the kid's got what it's gonna take to pull this off tomorrow night?" He asked as he lit his Cuban cigar.

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

ooc: I'm back, for good this time. Sorry for the long wait.....

ic: "Kados started slightly as Captain Blackmoon stepped out of the shadows. "You think the kid's got what it's gonna take to pull this off tomorrow night?"

"Absolutely. He's one of my most trusted men, despite his age. Mitch is loyal and reliable--and his bravery is outstanding. Hes got the heart of a fighter, such as I haven't seen in a long time. And his experience certainly doesn't hurt. How about you--you up for a little sabotage tomorrow night?"

--Captain Dynamic--

The captain took another moment to enjoy his fine Cuban import, made even more rare in these turbulent times.

"Always up for a little asset denial, Major. It's why I get all the action..." he breathed out a large fragrant cloud.

"...and none of the glory, eh?" asked Major Kados mockingly.

"Glory? Hell, kid...I kill people just so you can drink yer Starbucks every mornin'...Where's the glory in that?"

Both men chuckeled as they walked down the hall.

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Griffin was running through the streets, turning around, kneeling and popping a few shots at the russian spetznaz which where hot on his tail.
Griffin went to turn around but this time they wernt there, instead he heard an explosion from the starbucks he had camped out at. russians where shouting, and the loud and distinct echo of AK rounds where being shot. but he could not hear the returning fire. with that, griffin started heading back to the starbucks, when he got there he saw one of the BTR T's destroyed and the other firing its auto cannons into the thick smoke that lay before the destroyed BTR T. the captain was barking orders, wearing a peak hat now and firing off his makarov into the smoke. one of the russian men, a mere conscript tryed running away, but the captain fired 7 rounds into the mans chest, all through the same hole.

"Sh*t, he's good" Griffin thought to him self as he raised his SA80 scope to his eye, he was around 30 metres away from the fighting, then out of the corner of his eyes, he saw someone in what appeared to be a black sneak or stealth suit. built for spec ops, urban combat. he fired off rounds, delibirate fire, one round every six seconds. he nailed 4 men in the first half minute, crouching behind a tank, popping up firing uncontrolled bursts off. Griffin still had is one shot LAW (Light anti tank weapon) with him, with this position he could hit the bank of the tank, he pulled the LAW from his back pack and extended the barrel, arming the system, he put the tank in his cross hairs and fired, the rocket hurtled towards the target hitting the tracks. "Dam missed!" the tank was immobilised and couldnt move but those cannons could. Griffin threw his remaining two grenades into the men below, the indistinct rumble of helicopter blades could be heard in the distance.....KA 50's where approaching, you couldnt mistake that silhoutte. Griffin remained stationary, firing off rounds into everyone he could see.

70 (edited by Werda Verd Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:59 am)

I'll wait for a person or two to go before I go again, heres something though--a potential FF logo.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stewarterik/FreedomFighters.jpg

The part at the top is Latin for, "For Freedom". Did it in paint, but if anyone wants to do a better version, or suggest a better motto, I'm fine for that.

--Captain Dynamic--

Marie stirred slightly as consciousness came back to her.  She opened her eyes to a dimly lit small room.  She attempted to push herself but gasped as she felt a rush of pain in her upper right arm.  Looking, she saw that she was heavily bandaged and the memory of what had just happened hit her.  So, she thought, this is what the Freedom Fighters base looks like.  She looked around a bit more, hers was the only bed in this small room, she was hooked up to an IV that must have had some sort of pain killer in it.  She sighed, there was no one in the room for her to question, only a small glass of water that stood on a small table beside the bed.  She reached towards the glass and stopped, listening intensely.  Foot steps approached, bringing with  them voices.  She quickly laid back down, closing her eyes as she feigned sleep.  Two men entered the room, discussing things in low voices, all though she could still make out most of what they were saying...

(hope this is okay)

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

Dimitry turned around quickly, he was actually angry, and he almost spoke in Russian, fortunately he caught himself. "I don't care what hes telling you. We don't have enough to go after that depot, even with sniper support, hell even with air support, that depot is vital. they will probably have their own snipers. They will have guard dogs, if were lucky they will have a tank. A single tank. If were lucky. Chances are that they will have more."

"How do you know?" Mitch asked calmly.

"I don't, but if I were forced to defend an area there would definitely be snipers, and dogs, and anti-personal turrets. You know you would do exactly the same thing."

"The snipers wouldn't be that big of a problem. This is New York City, there is definitely cover."

Dimitry looked over at the woman on the hospital bed."Look at her. A single shot did that to her, while we were retreating. The sniper was in the open, it was a quick shot, he probably brought up his scope and fired that second. Imagine what he could do if he had time to pick his shot, and he wasn't being shot at. If he had a good range, he could kill or wound almost all of us. I know he could, because I could. Never underestimate what a skilled sniper can do."

Robert crept down the street. The Freedom Fighters base was near. He wasn't sure how he would enter. He saw some guards with the FF symbol on their soldiers. He walked over to them.

"What the....." one of them said. The other tried to slam Robert into a wall. Robert turned his shoulder for the man to see his shoulder. Ranger. His camo tab stopped the man in his tracks.

"Yeah, thats right. I might not have one of those cute things," Price said, pointing at the mans FF patch,"but this one's  pretty cool isn't it. Now take me to your leader tel him Staff Sergeant Robert Price of the Army Rangers is here. Also tell him I'm sniper certified and am one of the best snipers in the army."

The man stared speechless.

"Wow, is that all you guys are good for," Robert questioned,"or are you going to do something?"

"Uh, yes," was all the man could manage.

He then walked towards a door and unlocked it. "Come on, in."
Robert looked around at all of the wounded. He wondered how many were real soldiers and how many were just civilians who stole a dead man's gun. No matter, they were brave people.

A man walked up to Robert and said,"Staff Sergeant Price. I'm Major Kados, leader of the Freedom Fighters. I'm sure you can help us.  We're about to conduct a raid. Something I here you Rangers are good at."

'Heck yes, sir,"  Robert responded as he saluted the man. "Ready to fight, and proud to serve with you."

"Thanks. Come on. I'll introduce you to some people and then show you a map of the depot. Just a minute though, I need to do something."

Robert sat down. "Maybe this place isn't so bad,"he thought.

74 (edited by Werda Verd Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:28 pm)

"Come on. I'll introduce you to some people and then show you a map of the depot. Just a minute though, I need to do something."

Kados walked over to where Alex and Mitch were arguing. "Hey, settle down, you two. We don't have much of a choice--that depot is vital, we've got to take it out. But speaking of skilled snipers, meet Staff Sergeant Robert Price, US Army Rangers." Kados beaconed Price over."Price, meet Mitch and Alex". They shook hands with him.

"Price is a sniper--he'll give us covering fire. Between a small team of snipers, and some of the heavier stuff we've got in deep storage, we'll be set to take on their tanks and snipers."

"It won't be easy, I'll give you that. But though its a vital spot, they won't be expecting a hit there. Its outside of our standard operating zone, and we've not had a hit this big in a while. Anyways, we've got to hit somewhere--and the depots the best spot. We're taking it out.

--Captain Dynamic--

"Look at her. A single shot did that to her, while we were retreating. The sniper was in the open, it was a quick shot, he probably brought up his scope and fired that second” lectured Alex. 

Mitch looked down at her.  She was pretty, though very pale and thin from what those commie bastards had done to her.  He thought he’s noticed her move when he first came in, but she seemed completely out of it now…..

“Imagine what he could do if he had time to pick his shot,” said Alex, breaking through his thoughts.  “and he wasn't being shot at. If he had a good range, he could kill or wound almost all of us. I know he could, because I could. Never underestimate what a skilled sniper can do."

Mitch wheeled around and faced off with Alex.  “What makes you think I don’t know, huh?  You military guys are all alike.  You think because I don’t know how to press a ‘proper’ crease in my pants that I don’t know what it’s like out there” he shot back sarcastically.  “I’ve seen what a good sniper can do; I’ve been standing next to men who were no further from me then you are when a Red sniper blew their brains out.  And I’ve sniped enough Red pigs to know what it does to them.”

“Maybe I don’t look like much to you, but I’ve spent the last six months learning to survive jobs like this depot mission the hard way.  So don’t tell me reasons it can’t be done, cause I’ve done it before, and I’ll find a way to do it again.  You can help us complete this mission or stay here…your call.”

"Hey, settle down, you two” said the Major, who’d appeared suddenly at the med-bay’s entrance.  “We don't have much of a choice--that depot is vital, we've got to take it out. But speaking of skilled snipers, meet Staff Sergeant Robert Price, US Army Rangers."  Major Kados turned and waved for someone to come in.  A fairly tall, obviously military man walked in, wearing the army style faded digital camo and a large backpack with what seemed like a ton of gear.  He had an M 4 cradled in his arms, and a case on his shoulder that appeared to have a longer sniper rifle broken down inside. 

“Price, meet Mitch and Alex"

Alex and this ‘Price’ shook hands first, then Mitch took his hand as his eyes narrowed and scanned him very carefully.  Another newcomer……….just what we need.

"Price is a sniper--he'll give us covering fire. Between a small team of snipers, and some of the heavier stuff we've got in deep storage, we'll be set to take on their tanks and snipers."

As Price watched Major Kados as he spoke, Mitch never took his gaze off of the new man.  We can’t keep picking these guys up from off the street just cause they got a uniform and a ‘down home accent.’  Sooner or later we’ll pick up a Red…….if we haven’t already

“It won't be easy, I'll give you that. But though its a vital spot, they won't be expecting a hit there. Its outside of our standard operating zone, and we've not had a hit this big in a while. Anyways, we've got to hit somewhere--and the depots the best spot. We're taking it out.”

“Roger that sir.  It’s goin’ down, one way or another.  I’m gonna turn in pretty quick; can I talk to you Major?”

“Sure Mitch, what about?”

“Ahh, it’s nothin’ that would interest these guys.  Just a couple of points I want to clear up.  Can we talk about it in your quarters?”

“Sure, lets go.  Alex, can you show Price a bunk?”

“Yes sir.  Right this way.”

As Alex and Price headed for one of the barrack chambers, Mitch and Major Kados headed for the leader’s private room…