Message Boards - Boba Fett Fan Club → Posts by BFFC Admin
Sol Gonsar, the topic's title isn't so clear. Today's the 30th anniversary of Star Wars.
Rebelscum's post says this might be a second project. The date on the web site, with the Star Wars Animated logo, is tomorrow. Something might be announced at C4, which is going on right now in Los Angeles.
Welcome back, Darth Maul Clone. Always glad to know BFFC left a positive impression.
Thanks to Rebelscum.com for breaking this news today and thumbnailing the now-offline Boba Fett image.
Is there a second 3D animated series potentially in the works? Rumors have been circulating for several months now, and despite several contradictions, a new website has surfaced with images of 3D animated classic characters! Star Wars: Tales of the New Republic now has a new website with several photos that feature Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Boba Fett, and more! Click on the thumbnails above to see for yourself what may (or may not) be the next best animated series.
Updated daily until all 30 are there. Expect Boba Fett, since they're featuring "the 30 greatest Star Wars characters."
Mandalorian, no problem. Just glad to explain the bigger picture.
There's a list of 9 ways to help, aside from the programming issue. (Help with the news delay is actually a Wordpress issue, migrated off of MovableType, and some design work to tie it back into the site.)
Sure, this site is 11 years old. It's getting older. But it's never been better, too. 500 unique visitors with 3,000 pageviews a day. The message boards rank #2 in popularity. Consider the other hits here, like Humor > Caption, Multimedia or and Manual.
1. One part of the home page -- the news -- is under construction, yes, and the clock ticks off the days. As for "they," there is only one person volunteering web development improvements. There's a volunteer ad posted. In the interim, most news has been posted on these boards. But thank you for your observation and your interest. Consider subscribing to the RSS feed, so you get your news as soon as that feature is back on.
2. What Boba Fett stuff would you like to see? This site is filled with it. And a handful of people here are beta testing a brand new feature I'm sure you'll enjoy. Browse the "Dialogue" forum here for more news on site updates.
3. RPGs are one part of the message boards, but there are around 10-20 posts or replies each day. Feel free to start new topics, revive older ones or invite new people to the boards by spreading the word about BFFC.
All in all, this is a not-for-profit, unofficial web site, run by many different types of volunteers and consumed by fans and spectators from around the world. It's very much alive. But please contact me directly at the e-mail below and I'll happily field your questions, comments, concerns or ideas. Thanks.
Welcome, Mel's Jawa.
Invites have been sent out. These first 10 are also in the running for Gentle Giant's Boba Fett Classics Bust. Just a little thank you for participating. More such contests to come, to give others a chance, too. Stay on your toes.
The official answer is right there in the Rules:
- Within 60 days of Registration, you must log in. (This is separate from Last Login.)
- Within 60 days of Registration, you must post at least 1 post. Note the several "welcome" topics to introduce yourself.
More sections of BFFC (not these boards) will be under construction in the coming days and weeks. A lot of content will be taken down temporarily and put back up in a more sustainable, secure method.
Anyone interested in helping can see the volunteers we need on our help page.
Thanks for your patience!
Original source with a photo. (Link isn't a permalink, unfortunately, so it won't be as useful as time goes on.)
- Do you mind if I have a swig of this?
- Go right ahead.
- What the hell is this stuff?
- Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
- I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.
In today's LancasterOnline.com (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA) an article by Carla Di Fonzo on summer blockbusters -- namely the new Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer film -- included an appearance of "Boba Fett"... in the interview:
"It's all about the Silver Surfer, dude Ã¢Â€Â” anyone who sees the movie is going to see him," said Danford Rivers, York-based comic book collector and critic. "Everyone pretty much agrees the first one was lame, but man, the Silver Surfer is the Boba Fett of the Marvel universe. And I'm semiashamed to say this will put my rear in a theater seat."
Agree? Disagree? Discuss.
19 days left. Boba Fett is in 7th place!
I didn't know you could do that with Lego legs... Not impressed.
It's been experiencing "growing pains" recently, so I'd like to open it up to the community for questions, comments, concerns and ideas. And feel free to ask amongst yourself more questions about this topic.
What do you LIKE seeing on the home page? What do you IGNORE over (points to looking closely right now)?
What SHOULD be on the home page? What kind of features would YOU contribute to?
Welcome, Devil Girl. What kind/size of Fett smiley icon are you looking for?
Quick update: the lucky 10 above will be checking out the new feature as early as this weekend. Depending on their feedback, this feature should be ready to go soon thereafter!
(Re-opened topic in case anyone wants to comment.)
Star Wars at ISU Book Fair News Channel 6, 04/23/07
Willy Morriss, Bobba Fet [sic]: "Put as much smiles on kids' faces as we can. We're here to help the organization help bring in people but the biggest thing, the biggest thrill for us, is to see kids smiling."
Come on, News Channel 6. Spell check your story.
("Sic" is used to indicate incorrect spelling in the original source. More at Wikipedia.)
Message Boards - Boba Fett Fan Club → Posts by BFFC Admin
Generated in 0.264 seconds (72% PHP - 28% DB) with 5 queries