Re: Do you go to church?

Wow.
I can't believe that this topic made it up to 500 posts.
Well anyways....I strongly believe in God but I dont go to church.

i do on occasion with my dad but i do not believe in any higher power

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline

why?

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

may the force be with you karson wink

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

church is boring!

May I pose a question? How old are you?

If people would listen to the preacher they wouldn't think church was so boring.

Si Titran wrote:

Some one recently told me "That you need three things to live. Food, water and Faith. Some people eat beef, some only vegtables. Some drink tap water, others evian. Some people are jewish, others catholic etc. Does it matter which brand of religion? Water is water if its from a stream, tap or bottled."

Okay I know this post is very old, and that I am posting twice in a row.

I need to make this point; all religions don't lead to the place. There is no back street to heaven. There is only one road.

momma always said never to talk about religion or politics on the interwebs

srsly

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Why?

it tends to lead to "flaming", "spam wars", and "trolling" as well. therefore it is highly discouraged.

Plus this is a Boba Fett Fan Club, technically we're idolizing someone else other than god and by posting pictures and watching movies and discussing said fictional character 30+ years after their creation we could be considered to be worshiping said character.

Sounds like a first commandment breaker to me. Uh oh. Shame on me.

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

Plus this is a Boba Fett Fan Club, technically we're idolizing someone else other than god and by posting pictures and watching movies and discussing said fictional character 30+ years after their creation we could be considered to be worshiping said character.

Sounds like a first commandment breaker to me. Uh oh. Shame on me.

you have no idea how much respect you just gained in my eyes....i laughed so hard...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

We don't pray to Boba Fett every night.

You every body becomes a christian if they think they are going to die.

W.W.B.F.D.?

Karson Fett wrote:

We don't pray to Boba Fett every night.

You every body becomes a christian if they think they are going to die.

uh no they don't.

You just didn't get it.

Then explain all knowing one.

It was a joke, man, if you didn't understand it don't worry about it.

Karson Fett wrote:

You just didn't get it.

Terribly sorry. Just sounds to me like a lot of preachin' goin' on in here, a place that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with any preachin'. Up there in the top left of the page is the name and brief description of the day to day posts and operations of this website.

While this is the "fans" section (which encapsulates all of us and our hobbies and other activities) and while I nor anyone else tell you what you can and cannot post about, know that this is still a community forum. Members of the community can, therefore, reply to said discussion as long as it is a contributing part of just that: a discussion. This is not a place for people to talk about their way being the right and only way, it is a place for discussion. If parties and opinionated peoples involved in the discussion no longer want to discuss what is being discussed, then the topic should be locked. If you as a participant of the discussion do not wish for the discussion to end then a more suitable response to another community member's opinion might be: "I see where you come from, and my beliefs may be different, but I still respect yours." or "I disagree with you and here is why...".

Now it may not seem fair to some that there is one thread about church, and yet none asking if anyone goes to temple, or to mosque, or even mass. I'd be all for 18 different threads about everyone's religious and here-after affiliated plans, but maybe not on this BFFC medium.

I'm absolutely not going to say we can't talk about religion, I just said that I don't like to try and think that my thought process is the only right way (mainly because I know that I have zero answers when it comes to life, same for most of us). It just seems like there's a whole lot of judging from the OP going on in this thread, and not much listening.

Lastly, the "hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side" quote is the most perfect and awesome response to this thread imo

Some may use the term 'agnostic' to describe me, but I am not fan of it.  I was born and raised catholic, but haven't been to a mass in quite some time.  It was just going through the motions for me, and I didn't want that, or anything like it.

"To be a Gringo in Mexico, ah, that is euthanasia."

YES!, i was hoping i would get points for the quote...

GLOPINO wrote:

Wow.
I can't believe that this topic made it up to 500 posts.
Well anyways....I strongly believe in God but I dont go to church.

lol, same here - on all three lines    tongue

*srsly thought this thread would have been locked WAY before now.  Cheers to everybody that it's been civil enough *if barely at times* to keep it open*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Karson Fett wrote:

It was a joke, man, if you didn't understand it don't worry about it.

that joke needs reworking for it to make sense.

It was a quote I has posted way back when. I forget where i even heard it. But SOME faith is better than NO faith. It never does any one any good to force a religion on someone if they don't have faith in it themselves. I've seen that happen in my life and it doesn't end well. My best friend growing up doesn't talk to her family and by extension others who might. ( Like me... because I go to services... and she doesn't want to. Even though I never said anything to her at all about it.) Its one thing to have an educated discussion on something and another to fling tired insults around.

Everyone is going to believe that their Faith is the ONE faith. Thats a universal truth. In the end it doesnt matter what I think, but what each of us feels is best for us.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:

Everyone is going to believe that their Faith is the ONE faith.

not necessarily