Re: September 11, 2001 Anniversery

Cujo wrote:

lets throw a blanket on this fire.
this thread is not a soapbox for us to sort out anyone else religion or politics, much smarter have tried and failed.
this thread is a memorial for your own memories on the day, and to remember those that fell.
and be nice.
smile

I am sorry Cujo, It had just upset me...alot.

To get back on topic, I would like to bring up something else. I don't know about anyone else, but I am VERY upset that there is no Freedom Tower yet, hell there isn't even a memorial, after SEVEN YEARS. And yet Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium are pretty much done after less than a year. It makes me so mad. The Pentagon has a permanent memorial right outside where the plane hit. Ground Zero is the victims', families' cemetary. They didn't have a body to bury. This is all they have. And this year may have been the last year for the procession into Ground Zero by the families and the last year for the WTC Memorial lights *see picture in first post*. I don't know about anyone else here, but until there is AT LEAST a permanent memorial for the victims, they can't take away the lights.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
                              -Optimus Prime

The area should ave its one mounment....like a marble squares where the towers stood, and list the victoms

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

I went to the WTC when I was 5, a year before 9-11. I remember looking out of the window at one of the highest floors, and it never would have crossed my mind that this would be the final resting place of 3000 innocent people.

I was also upset by Peter's post. Draco, Ralin, MH and I want to kill Osama. What is bad about that? He is an evil man who spreads lies to young Muslims, brainwashing them by telling them that the West is the source of all evil and that we should all be killed because we are "infidels". These people become terrorists, who then kill innocent people in the name of their god, which is as MG said, ridiculous.

All of those people in 9-11 were killed because of Osama. Does anyone deserve to die for no reason? They were just people working at their job. They didn't do a GOD DAMN THING to Osama or the terrorists but they were all murdered!

One of my dad's friends had a girlfriend who was a flight attendant on the first the plane to hit the Towers. According to phone calls made by passengers, she had bravely told the terrorists that they couldn't go into the cockpit. Guess what they did? They stabbed her with a box cutter and killed her.

Osama bin Laden deserves to die more then anyone else on this planet.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Yes, now lets get back on topic

i just mean be nice to each other, opinions will always vary. no need to apologize.
im not intending to single anyone out, everyones thoughts are appreciated here.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Oh, Okay smile

Ummm...yeah...I hate this war, my sister's husband's brother almost got killed over there. I won't argue against anyone here, just like them, I'm stating my opionion. But we should remember those who died. I do the Catholic cross signal to pay respects when I can, and I would still fight in the war to keep more innocents from dying.     God bless the families that lost their own that day

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Commander Appo wrote:

All of those people in 9-11 were killed because of Osama. Does anyone deserve to die for no reason? They were just people working at their job. They didn't do a GOD DAMN THING to Osama or the terrorists but they were all murdered!

Quick little note here....i dont suggest you start pointing fingers at Osama. There is virtually no evidence linking him with the 9/11 attacks. He may be an American hating terroist, but theres definitely not enough evidence to support that HE did it. I'm not sure some crazy old man like him living in a cave could have put that plan together and have it go off so well. The video of him saying he did it was staged as well.

Also, I dont think human beings can harness the responsibility of saying that ANYONE deserves to die. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

That came to my mind several times...I get too angry sometimes...

―Boba Fett

Valthonin wrote:
Commander Appo wrote:

Quick little note here....i dont suggest you start pointing fingers at Osama. There is virtually no evidence linking him with the 9/11 attacks. He may be an American hating terroist, but theres definitely not enough evidence to support that HE did it. I'm not sure some crazy old man like him living in a cave could have put that plan together and have it go off so well. The video of him saying he did it was staged as well.

Also, I dont think human beings can harness the responsibility of saying that ANYONE deserves to die. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

So you don't think that a mass murderer who killed thousands of people deserves to die? Of course they do!

This is hypothetical, I don't mean Osama.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Val has a point though...The Bible says thou shalt not kill (I know I use that alot...) And I know that I seem shifty right now...I can't make up my mind if I should chop him for every person that died on that day, or if I should as the Lord says, and forgive Obama, or whoever ordered that attack, for he forgives our own sins...

―Boba Fett

The Bible does not say thou shalt not kill, it says thou shalt not murder. However, I don' think it really matters, unless you actually havve the opportunity take out Osama.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Mandalore Hunter wrote:

Obama, or whoever ordered that attack

OK. This isn't funny. It's Osama bin Laden. Not Barack Obama. This is unfortunate if this was either accidental or intentional.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

BFFC-Draco wrote:

The Bible does not say thou shalt not kill, it says thou shalt not murder.

Correct, the King James version "thou shall not KILL is a misstranslation *in the humble opinion of myself, and my pastor, who is a biblical scholar in his own right.*  But let's not let this make another turn into a religious argument.  This is the opinion I have as taught to me by my pastor; if you believe the Commandment is literal, that is your choice and I totally respect it.

@ MandoGirl:  I totally agree; it's sickening that the Freedom Tower hasn't even been STARTED yet.  I feel it is a diservice and disrespectful that the politics and bickering have kept any progress from being made. 

I personally am totally in favore of the new building; it's a sign that you can NOT stop us, that if you tear something down, we will build it back even better then before.  I just don't feel that using the entire footprint for a memorial is doing a service to those innocents who died, as it in a way admits defeat. 

However, a monument would be FAR better then what we have, which is NOTHING.  I just think that's disgraceful....

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ralin Drakus wrote:

we will build it back even better then before

I believe the building was designed for all kinds of scenarios (plane, fire, etc.) and yet it still wasn't enough.

Back to the topic: the anniversary.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

41 (edited by MandoGirl0415 Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:45 pm)

(I think this falls under the category of the anniversary)
What I want at Ground Zero is the Freedom Tower to be STARTED in the LEAST. For a memorial, I would like the footprints of the Twin Towers made out of marble and a fountain in the middle of it so it can also act as a reflecting pool. On the marble I want the names of all the victims.

This is just meant as trivia. I recently found out that Bon Jovi's keyboardist's (David Bryan...my title) sister worked in the WTC on 9/11. She got out in time, but it just bothered me for some reason.

I was in Manhattan this past Thursday night (September 11th) for the anniversary. Me and my family go there every year to take pictures of the WTC Lights. They are absolutely beautiful. I can actually see them from my top deck at home...the effect of the lights hitting the clouds from that distance truly is beautiful.

I would say about 10 blocks away from Ground Zero there is a temperary memorial with American flags and the names of the victims written on them. And in the middle is this: (it was actually there for awhile, the flags were put there recently)
http://excitingny.com/nytour/wtcglobememorial.jpg
It was in the pramonade directly below the Twin Towers and is only missing one piece depsite having tons of steel dropped on it.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
                              -Optimus Prime

42 (edited by Fett_II Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:12 pm)

Let's see.. I was in 5th grade, eating lunch when I heard something about planes flying into a building, I just discarded it as a probable accident. Went back to class, and learned from then on. Also that day started thinking of a possible WWIII, good thing I was wrong. Actually, on Thursday we wrote letters to the current 2nd and 3rd graders, because they weren't even aware of what happened (or probably born for that matter). What shocked me most is how a plane managed to get to the Pentagon without being taken out earlier, and even collapsed a section. And like every other patriotic American, I would love to get my hands on Osama, and make him pay. Lol, stupid terrorists tried back in like ''05 to fake his death. Oh yeah, Bloomberg says the memorial will be up by 2011, the 10th anniversary, or else he's going to have to choke a bitch.