Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

But Boba did not learn everything he knows from Jango.  He became smarter and a better bounty hunter because his dad died in front of him.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I just think he is kinda lame, I mean they basically made him without a mind of his own. He was moreless a tool to be used. Unlike Boba who thinks everything over countless times, if you just look....Boba wouldnt have made the mistake of standing in the way of a charging jedi. After Jango shot once or twice and Mace blocked the shots he should have backed up and tried a different tactic, grated his jetpack was damaged but he could have done more.

They made Jango to personable as well. I also persoanlly think they ruined Bobas backround by showing his as a young boy. I dont really agree with that, personally I think it was weak. His original back story was far more suiting to the person he became. Making Boba an "unaltered" clone was pathetic.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

153 (edited by cujo Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:46 pm)

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sev Fett wrote:

But Boba did not learn everything he knows from Jango.  He became smarter and a better bounty hunter because his dad died in front of him.

not really, lucas likes to make cyclical plots. ex.-vaders hand cut off, lukes hand cut off. And in similar fashion boba like his father put themselves into the middle of the fray relying on there jetpack and various weapons, making the same mistake. its sloppy writing on lucas' part, but he likes his symmetry. If you look at both trilogies lucas always has the force/ nature triumph over technology. 

and i agree w/ C Grimaldus, to present Bobas humanity undermines his cold origins. IMO

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

cujo wrote:
Sev Fett wrote:

But Boba did not learn everything he knows from Jango.  He became smarter and a better bounty hunter because his dad died in front of him.

not really, lucas likes to make cyclical plots. ex.-vaders hand cut off, lukes hand cut off. And in similar fashion boba like his father put themselves into the middle of the fray relying on there jetpack and various weapons, making the same mistake. its sloppy writing on lucas' part, but he likes his symmetry. If you look at both trilogies lucas always has the force/ nature triumph over technology. 

and i agree w/ C Grimaldus, to present Bobas humanity undermines his cold origins. IMO

I dont think Boba "relies" on technology so much as he uses it to his advantage. In many ways Boba uses his general senses to hunt and track his bounty. His technology just adds to his efficiant tactics.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Chaplain Grimaldus wrote:

I just think he is kinda lame...  ...Unlike Boba who thinks everything over countless times, if you just look....Boba wouldnt have made the mistake of standing in the way of a charging jedi.

Umm? Boba didn't look at evrything. I mean he left a blind guy and a PERFECTLY FINE Wookie right behind him and even when Han shouts out "BOBA FETT! WHERE?" boba doesn't do anything but sit there trying to line up a  shot to the head when all he should have done is missile him! *BOOM* no more Luke. or at least flamed Han and Chewie! I like Boba more than Jango but Jango isn't stupid he just fell prey to Lucas' short sitedness.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

156 (edited by Chaplain Grimaldus Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:57 pm)

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Alo Fett wrote:
Chaplain Grimaldus wrote:

I just think he is kinda lame...  ...Unlike Boba who thinks everything over countless times, if you just look....Boba wouldnt have made the mistake of standing in the way of a charging jedi.

Umm? Boba didn't look at evrything. I mean he left a blind guy and a PERFECTLY FINE Wookie right behind him and even when Han shouts out "BOBA FETT! WHERE?" boba doesn't do anything but sit there trying to line up a  shot to the head when all he should have done is missile him! *BOOM* no more Luke. or at least flamed Han and Chewie! I like Boba more than Jango but Jango isn't stupid he just fell prey to Lucas' short sitedness.

I think we can all agree that Lucas botched it big time with Fetts death scene. It isnt in his character at all to act like that. Thats where the problem comes in with his backround and all of that and then what was portrayed in the movies.

I dont think Fett was portrayed as well as he should have been, even Lucas himself has said he underestemated Fett's popularity and shouldnt have "killed" him off like that.

Basically the 2 stories dont mix together well.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

draco fett wrote:

1. There is an existing topic for this conversation: http://www.bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?id=893
2. When people (usually I) call Jango an idiot coward, the give their reasons, so you can read those.
3. I never said that Jango is an idiot because of his death.

Coward:
-hires other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to do

Idiot:
-used two wrist rockets to kill two guards, who were right next to each other, and were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked.
-does not wear helmet in public, which is not intelligent in his line of work
-lead thee Mandalorians to decimation for the first time in centuries
-shot Zam when he could have shot Anikan and Obi-Wan
-armor is reflects too much light, whick ca attract unwanted attention

That is all that I can think of at the moment.

Good points, but I disagree. Not coward: Zam was like an apprentice, and Jango was training her maybe. Idiot: Not wearing helmet in public, Idk but in the movies, it was his own house. Anyway, the others I don't know about so maybe I should stay out of this. I will agree that Boba is better.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I think Lucus TRIED not to make the same mistake with Jango as he did with Boba and attempted to give him a brave and heroic death, and I give him some cred for that; he did go down taking on a Reek AND perhaps the greatest Jedi Master with a lightsaber in the Order.  But all he really accomplished was doing the Boba scene over again, just on a grander scale.

Symilarities:

1. They both  jump into the middle of a battle he doesn't need to be part of

2. They both take on the hero of the moment: Boba vs. Luke, Jango vs. Mace.   

3. Jango and Boba both get some good shots off at said hero above, and could have got him if they'd been a little luckier/scipt allowed

4. They pay TOO much attention to the one they want, and get burned by another character/creature that happened to be in the area

If you just go by the death scenes, you have to say Jango was the better warrior, cause at least he killed a Jedi just before, And killed the Reek, AND got some more shots off at Mace

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

To me Jango talks to much.
If you notice he says stuff that really didn't need to be said. While Boba sat back and watched and attacks on when HE thinks its necessary. Actions speak louder than words sometimes.

And Boba didn't have any jedi to kill! How was he soposed to kill something that was basically All Gone? 
Jango didn't kill any wookie to my knowledge. And he had more chances to kill jedi!

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

How did

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:

Seriously, I have seen people call him an idiot, a coward, and all kinds of other stuff, for no apparent reason. Where does that come from? I like Boba better, but it doesn’t mean I hate Jango.

turn into a 7-page-long internet argument?

Honestly, it's just arguing semantics about a fictional character, whose intended true persona may have been misinterpreted by authors and poorly written about. I may not be as knowledgeable about Jango and Fett as most of you, but I don't think that arguing about how much you know makes you any better than the person whose facts are off. I personally think that this topic should have stopped at the halfway mark of the first page, since people pretty much had made their points by then. At least there hasn't been any nitpicking since May.

Personally, I like Jango. I don't think that he would have been selected to have the entire Clone Army genetically emulated from him if he hadn't been thought to have been worthy.

I also really like that Boba's origin was shown because it changed the view of Boba from being a misanthrope to being an avenger, with a purpose other than self-interest -- Jango's death adds flavour to his backstory. Yes, Boba simply being a self-interested, misanthropic, extremely dangerous bounty hunter had an extreme attraction in itself, but adding a vengeful motive to all that just amped up Boba's meter in my eyes.

As far as the waste of the two rockets thing goes...that's just one instance plotted by one or few people. It didn't have to make sense -- it's a story, and stories often have irrational ticks that don't quite fit. I'll agree that it was extremely wasteful, but who other than the writer knows what his motive was for using that much firepower for what we see as an insignificant target? Bounty hunters do crazy and irrational things all the time. big_smile

I don't really have anything else to say, but I am glad that I learned quite a bit from reading the exchanges in this thread. You all certainly put up a good fight for your opinions, and that's garnered my respect.

Mandalorians - very good at providing little deaths in large quantities.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I always liked that Jango and Boba have different personalities, being cloned doesn't make you identical. Events in your life effect you and the way you grow as a person, both Fetts basically lose their fathers at the age of around ten. But where as Jango was then raised by Mandos, Boba was on his own.
Jango had a more social background growing up (although warrior based) than Boba, who is more of a loner because of it. That's why the olc man might seem a lot more personalbe...for a bounty hunter. But Jango did teach Boba what he needed to know to survive for those first years.
You can always reason out why someone does something either as good or bad, it really depends on the eye of the beholder. Why did he shoot Zam? Maybe because it was easier, or maybe because she was about to betray him under duress by use of the Force. Lots of folks don't take to that well,LOL.
Why is his armor silver it's too easy to spot. Maybe Jango doesn't care if you see him coming, he is a bit of a cocky bastard. He knows he's good, maybe a little too overconfident (hell, we've all been guilty of that, admit it).
I like that Boba gets some background from Jango's death because it makes sense that he becomes such a hard *** after his dad gets offed. Like not only did Jango die that day but whatever was human in Boba went with him (little cliche I know).
Or you can just think Lucas is on crack trying to tie up loose ends.
There are days when I think it's both, LOL.

GOT ARMOR?

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

it wouldn't matter if they wear the silver armor or boba fett's kind of armor -you got admit their armor is a little intimidating ---if you were to see a bunch of them comming down the street ---I can honestly said I wouldn't want to mess with them ---they look cool smile and just by design you can tell they are built for battle smile

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I don't know it's like nobody likes him

Its not just you dads cranky,one time I saw him yell at a butterfly called it a son of a bitch told it to get out of his garden-Corner Gas

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I DO! Yeah I'm a noob, but Jango does need his respect. I mean God! I don't see what's wrong with him. Sure he made some mistakes, but it's not like you can make everybody perfect. And why do people hate him so much? He might have done some kinda stupid stuff that people don't like, but so have I and the rest of the people out there. It just makes Star Wars 1 step more realistic.

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

The Fett family seems to need find a new jet pack manufactureer. Those things have killed that whole family. And don't be hatin on Jango at least  he didn't screech like a bitch. Not that I blame Boba. But jango went down shooting and that deserves a hell of a lot of respect.

It's a trap

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

YEAH! You got that right!

"I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe."